It's probably just me...

but I amazed at how many post on here from people who book the cruise with the ES rates and have absolutely no idea of how the program works.

Many times when there is a post about price drops I'll see responses like I didn't know you could get the lower price or can I get more than one price reduction.

Also read post from people who don't even know how they are booked.

I'm sure it's just because people are newbies or too b usy in their daily lives to read the fine print but when I'm plunking down large amounts of money for a trip or whatever I personally like to now what I am signing up for.

Bill

Im seeing tons of posts who post that only ES gets price drops. they seem to not know all rates get them until final payment.

I never have gotten why people think ES is so complicated and all the questions and posts on here.. its in the small print for most of the questions. The time to ask is before you book.

I agree with you. Seeing a lot of misinformation on CC lately about ES.

The first time I booked ES, I did so just for the cheaper fare (knowing I could lose part of my deposit if I cancelled), I didn't have any idea about price drops. I now know! And check EVERY day :)

but I amazed at how many post on here from people who book the cruise with the ES rates and have absolutely no idea of how the program works.

Many times when there is a post about price drops I'll see responses like I didn't know you could get the lower price or can I get more than one price reduction.

I'm sure it's just because people are newbies or too b usy in their daily lives to read the fine print but when I'm plunking down large amounts of money for a trip or whatever I personally like to now what I am signing up for.

Bill

I'm sure that most folks request the lowest rate possible for the cabin category that they're interested in. That rate, 99% of the time, will be ES. As the system is a bit complex it wouldn't be surprising that they didn't have a clue how it works even after being briefed by a TA or PVP. So, when things go awry they come here, or some other forum, to ask questions or complain...

:)

I think that folks just don't pay attention. I run a classroom and we did an experiment one day. Instead of putting the classroom title that was going on at the time outside the door - we put it inside the door right in front of my desk - so that it was covering part of my desk. The reason we did this is because people obviously weren't reading the sign outside the door and would ask where the class was.... Well - I had folks who actually moved the sign out of the way, held it, moved it sideways and everything just to be able to see my face and ask me if this was the room that the class was being held in....

Another note....I put a sign on the monitors for the computers saying they were not working. I had people lift the sign and flip it over, try to use the computer and then ask - is there something wrong with this computer????

Enough said....I think people sometimes just don't read....

LOL I've been checking my prices for ES and get a satisfied feeling that the cruise is now more than 100.00 per person for what I booked, but I'm hoping it'll come down just a tad, I'd love some OBC!!!!

Happy sailing!!!

I'm kinda amazed how people who think they know it all like to "talk down" about newer members. Do you read every paper when you bought or leased your home? Did you read every paper when you bought your car?

Heh.

While I do love me some ES if the situation is right, I too am astounded that people are unaware of the contract they are entering when purchasing their vacation.

I think many folks are unaware that price drops are good until final payment on any fare, regardless of if you have paid in full like Fire said and also that you can be upgraded in room status/grade if that status/grade equals the fare you paid after final payment even if you are not ES.

Example: We have Past Guest rate for upcoming cruise leaving on Saturday. My heathen is booked in a 4a room but the 4g room rate dropped to what we paid for her room just last week. Room was available in that category so she was upgraded to the Lido deck no problem, no hassle.

Like Fire says gotta read the small print and know the restrictions and then know to call your PVP to get it worked out!

I'm kinda amazed how people who think they know it all like to "talk down" about newer members. Do you read every paper when you bought or leased your home? Did you read every paper when you bought your car?

Heh.

If there is a disclaimer........damn tootin I read it.....why wouldn't you:confused:

i think it's cause all they see is the Early Saver rate being the lowest price and book it. Only after booking, do they realize the potential and enquire about it.

Also, the Carnival website doesn't fully explain all the nuances. I was well aware of the potential of ES, but was still confused about what would qualify, what wouldn't, comparing other fares, looking out for higher category price drops etc. If i went based on the fine print at Carnival, i would be looking at ONLY the ES fare for ONLY the category cabin i booked and when that category is fully booked, there's no more opportunity. Reading CC, i've found out differently.

That being said, with the quantity of ES price drop threads, there really really really should be an FAQ sticky note thread.

Heh.

dont assume we are talking about newer members. there are a couple I was referring to who post a lot and have been around a lot on CC.

I was for sure not talking about new members who post questions.. I was referring to some older members giving bad info.

Dont take offense, as none was meant personally.

I saw that there waas a 72 hr sale yesterday, I have the Triumph booked (early saver)and paid for and still got $60.00 OBC while I had my pvp on the phone I asked her to check on my Nov cruise that was early saver and I got an $80.00 price reduction. That just shows that if you watch or if there is a sale then call your pvp or TA and see if you could get it

Bill

Some of us are learning, I'm new to ES. Most probably they see price protection and book based on that or that it is usually the lowest price. It is interesting learning. Let applying for an insurance claim and waiting to see if the company will pay off.

Some of us are learning, I'm new to ES. Most probably they see price protection and book based on that or that it is usually the lowest price. It is interesting learning. Let applying for an insurance claim and waiting to see if the company will pay off.

I understand that. Everybody is new at some point.

It was just an observation on my part and didn't mean to get anybody upset.

It's like my wife comes home from work and says that one of the girls in the office is going on a cruise. I ask where and she says she didn't say I'll ask her tomorrow.

She comes home the next day and says she doesn't know where they are going just that it leaves from Miami or where ever.

i say what ship and she asks the girl and she says Carnival. I ask what is the name of the ship and the girl says she doesn't know.

I personally get a hoot out of that.:)

Bill

So what if people have questions .... or dont understand ES... there are different things told all the time. For instance, I had booked an early saver and had to cancel. I was told by Carnival pvp that I lose 50pp of the deposit and that if I book another cruise then, I could apply the 200pp towards it. I wasnt ready to book, so they said I lose the 200. Two years later, keeping in mind I have been on cruise critic for many years and have cruised many times, two years later I learn here on Cruise Critic that I may be able to get that as an onboard credit. So I called CCL. It was too late to get the onboard credit but they told me they had changed their program. If you cancel, you now have TWO YEARS to get that credit instead of one. So, thanks to cruise critic and people here asking questions, I was able to get 400 back on my credit card. Which I used on the cruise...:D

It is okay to ask questions, even if they are the same every day.... we can always learn something new... such as what I just posted.... ;D

There is no such thing as a dumb question. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Everyone has questions about something. On this forum, it happens to be about cruising and related topics. I know this forum has been a tremendous help to me in planning my cruises, and I'm a newbie!

So, thanks to all those people asking all those questions about cruising and everything related to it. You all have given me a lot of knowledge from one source where it would have taken me hours looking it up from many sources.

:D

Do you read every paper when you bought or leased your home? Did you read every paper when you bought your car?

Are you implying that you didn't? :confused:

I'm sure that most folks request the lowest rate possible for the cabin category that they're interested in. That rate, 99% of the time, will be ES. As the system is a bit complex it wouldn't be surprising that they didn't have a clue how it works even after being briefed by a TA or PVP. So, when things go awry they come here, or some other forum, to ask questions or complain...

:)

Good points. Plus, as in my case, I booked my cruise back in November. Since then, I've dealt with Thanksgiving, Christmas, 3 birthdays, sold my condo and bought a house. While I'm sure the PVP explained ES to me 8 months ago, I simply didn't retain everything.

Fortunately for me, most of my questions have been asked by others who have had to take the brunt of the disdain and contempt of those who always remember everything they are told about everything they do. We lesser mortals muddle by as best we can. ;)

Heh.

Honestly yes! I have learned that when it comes to the written word it is imperative to pay attention!!Better informed immediately than angry later!!!

There is no such thing as a dumb question. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Everyone has questions about something. On this forum, it happens to be about cruising and related topics. I know this forum has been a tremendous help to me in planning my cruises, and I'm a newbie!

So, thanks to all those people asking all those questions about cruising and everything related to it. You all have given me a lot of knowledge from one source where it would have taken me hours looking it up from many sources.

:D

Well said.

Archived