Breakfast & Lunch - Main Dining Room. Are menus available?

dee66

Hi,

We are going to be on the Coral princess Northbound to Alaska in 2 weeks. I was curious if anyone knows what is served, quality of the food versus the Buffett, and how long does it take to be served and eat for breakfast and lunch.

If you have copies of the menu that would be great if you could post or email me at dee66@yahoo.com.

Thanks everyone for the information. Looking forward to our first cruise ever.

Yes, menus are always used.

For breakfast I advise the Horizon Buffet, much faster, and far greater variety.

Find your cruise on Roll Calls, to find out who might be going with you.

Enjoy your cruise on my favorite ship.:)

john

Yes, there is a menu for breakfast and lunch in the MDR. The breakfast menu is the same every day except for the daily specials (things like Eggs Bebedict and Eggs Florintine).

The lunch menu is different each day. Like the dinner menu there are some things available everyday.

The menu is posted outside the dining room

Hi,

We are going to be on the Coral princess Northbound to Alaska in 2 weeks. I was curious if anyone knows what is served, quality of the food versus the Buffett, and how long does it take to be served and eat for breakfast and lunch.

If you have copies of the menu that would be great if you could post or email me at dee66@yahoo.com.

Thanks everyone for the information. Looking forward to our first cruise ever.

Breakfast DR one hour buffet 1/2 hour.

Lunch DR 1, 1/4 hours, buffet 3/4.

Times depend on how much you eat, so these are my times.

Food quality IMO breakfast Horizon Court is better, Lunch, usually DR, though on rear occasions I have walked out of the DR, and gone to the buffet.

john

Food is very subjective. I enjoy going to the dining room for breakfast and lunch because it's served to me and it's far more civilized. The food is much better IMHO in the dining room at breakfast and lunch because like at dinner, you can ask for modifications and get them. Sometimes, if I like an appetizer, I'll ask for an entree size. You can also request something not on the menu the night before; if you want freshly-made eggs Benedict every day, just ask. I don't mind the extra time for the meal because I'm meeting new people... and I'm being served. :)

And it does not take anywhere near an hour for breakfast or over an hour for lunch in the MDR, even if you get seated at a large table...breakfast 30 to 45 min usually and lunch 45 min to an hour but if you want it faster you can request to be seated at a table for 2 and cut these times in half if you are in a hurry or have an excursion to get to. I can never understand folks who claim the food in the buffet is better than being served from the kitchen, sure the buffet has more selections but I would rather be served nice eggs fresh from the kitchen in a restuarant like setting than go up myself and get eggs that have been smouldering under a heat lamp for 30 minutes in the chow hall they call a buffet.

And it does not take anywhere near an hour for breakfast or over an hour for lunch in the MDR, even if you get seated at a large table...breakfast 30 to 45 min usually and lunch 45 min to an hour but if you want it faster you can request to be seated at a table for 2 and cut these times in half if you are in a hurry or have an excursion to get to. I can never understand folks who claim the food in the buffet is better than being served from the kitchen, sure the buffet has more selections but I would rather be served nice eggs fresh from the kitchen in a restuarant like setting than go up myself and get eggs that have been smouldering under a heat lamp for 30 minutes in the chow hall they call a buffet.

At breakfast for the first half hour you get three cups of coffee' and a juice or two, at times before your order is even taken.

Lunch in the MDR can an hour, but that is sans desert, and coffee. With lunch at noon, and having to be some place at 1.30. can be very very tight, not a meal to relax over.

Just for the record I have never seen a 'half hour egg':)

john

Food is very subjective. I enjoy going to the dining room for breakfast and lunch because it's served to me and it's far more civilized. The food is much better IMHO in the dining room at breakfast and lunch because like at dinner, you can ask for modifications and get them. Sometimes, if I like an appetizer, I'll ask for an entree size. You can also request something not on the menu the night before; if you want freshly-made eggs Benedict every day, just ask. I don't mind the extra time for the meal because I'm meeting new people... and I'm being served. :)

What's the hurry? We eat all meals in the MDR whenever possible. Pam has said it all.

We start our day with room service, coffee, juice, croissants or danish. If we have an early excursion we run to the buffet and often bring breakfast back to our room. If we have a sea day we often run to the buffet and bring breakfast back to our room. ;) We always have breakfast on disembarkation day in the dining room. We don't want to miss the special french toast.

As for lunch we sometimes have it in the dining room on a sea day. Other days we just enjoy something from the buffet or burger line by the pool. I love that we have so many choices.

If your ship has an International Cafe that is also a great place for lunch or breakfast!

At breakfast for the first half hour you get three cups of coffee' and a juice or two, at times before your order is even taken.

Lunch in the MDR can an hour, but that is sans desert, and coffee. With lunch at noon, and having to be some place at 1.30. can be very very tight, not a meal to relax over.

Just for the record I have never seen a 'half hour egg':)

john

I do not think we have ever had a breakfast or lunch take that long..ever. Usually they want to take our order before I am ready to order.....Do I want pancakes or that special french toast? An omelet or eggs benny....:D

Lunch does take longer (rightly so for us at least) but anytime we are in a hurry we state that going in and they do their best to make sure we have our orders taken promptly.

Not too sure if the Sapphire is exactly like all the other buffets, but assuming ti may be - we are curious if there are anything amazing in the buffets at anytime during the day....(I know it is subjective) but if you came across anything to look out for, let us kow-thank you. :):):)

Like many others who have posted, we usually enjoy breakfast and lunch in the dining room. The only exception is on port days when we aren't on the ship during dining room lunch hours. I'm not fond of the buffet, but the salad bar is wonderful and has more than enough choices to make a nice meal.

Like many others who have posted, we usually enjoy breakfast and lunch in the dining room. The only exception is on port days when we aren't on the ship during dining room lunch hours. I'm not fond of the buffet, but the salad bar is wonderful and has more than enough choices to make a nice meal.

I know, ain't it great? I dislike buffets, on land or sea (I'm generally opposed to anything self-service, especially including ATMs and grocery store self-checkout, today's two irritants), but I find myself there almost every lunchtime because of that awesome salad bar. Yum yum.

I love the Shappire, my favorite time to use the buffet is tea time. 3:30-4:30. Scones, jam and cream. Also, nice cheeses, bread, and small tidbits including cookies and cakes. This is avalible on all Princess ships. We grab a plate and enjoy it on the balcony. I order a pot of water from room service and tell them which tea I would like. We really enjoy it!

We tend to be early risers so we get first breakfasts in the buffet. I take a tray and get 2-4 coffees, some pastries and some breakfast meats. I then take it to an area where we can watch in front to either the scenery or watching the ship dock. Great fun while everyone else is sleeping. Then we go back to the room and clean up for the day and second breakfasts in the MDR. What a life!

We tend to be early risers so we get first breakfasts in the buffet. I take a tray and get 2-4 coffees, some pastries and some breakfast meats. I then take it to an area where we can watch in front to either the scenery or watching the ship dock. Great fun while everyone else is sleeping. Then we go back to the room and clean up for the day and second breakfasts in the MDR. What a life!

LOL...that cracked me up... I thought my mom was the only one who had two breakfasts...:p and she is all of 140 pnds, 5'9 !!!!

Archived