Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

ha ha I've answered my own question!

A premium beverage package costs $756.00 per person for the 14 day S. Caribbean cruise this December.

Here is the premium drink list for the Constellation per the website:

Premium Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Specialty Coffee, Specialty Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Samuel Adams, Red Bull, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Vitamin Water, Evian®, Pellegrino, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Grolsh Swing Top, Red Stripe, Carlsberg, Hoegarden, Guinness, Newcastle Brown Ale, Boddington's, Leffe, Stella Artois, Peroni, Johnny Walker Black, Glenfiddich Pure Malt, Dewars 12 year old, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Crown Royal, Tangle Ridge, Old Black Bush, Knob Creek, Blanton's Single Barrel, Remy Martin VSOP, Courvosier VSOP, Hennessy VSOP, Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One, Effen, Level, Belvedere, Grey Goose, Pyrat XO Reserve, Montecristo, Bacardi 8, Patron Silver, Patron Anejo, Patron Gold, Extase XO, Grand Marnier, Bollini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jena Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Antinori, Chateau Castera, Rutherford Ranch, Kendall Jackson, Marques de la Concordia.

and the fine print:

*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

I haven't seen this answered in this thread...

My wife and I are both getting the Premium Package.

I do enjoy a nice beer with a snifter of sambucca on the side. Do you have to order one thing, consume it, then order another, or can I sit at the bar and order both at the same time? Can I walk away with this combo or will I be flagged as a potential cheater now having security tail me throughout the ship? :D

I don't want them (or anyone here for that matter) to think that I am trying to pull one over on X, that's why I wrote that we are BOTH getting the Premium Package.

Thanks,

MrJulius:)

Hi

I am confused - does the daily rate of $62.10 include the gratuity?

Thanks

Annie

Yes.

Because the Eclipse sailed out of Southampton and us Brits,apparently, do not like to order a drink priced at say $10 then get a bill for $11.50 when the gratuity is added, Celebrity decided to make all advertised prices inclusive of extras. We paid exactly what the menu said.Gratuities were included.

Our daily rate of $62.10 includes Gratuities.

The only thing we found was that when we booked our packages in advance, it stated that gratuities of 15% would be added at checkout. This was true, but after all the figures were added up it still worked out at $62.10

Can I also point out, and I apologise if you already know, if you order a drink that is more than your limit YOU HAVE TO PAY THE ENTIRE PRICE. YOU CANNOT PAY THE DIFFERENCE

Yes.

Because the Eclipse sailed out of Southampton and us Brits,apparently, do not like to order a drink priced at say $10 then get a bill for $11.50 when the gratuity is added, Celebrity decided to make all advertised prices inclusive of extras. We paid exactly what the menu said.Gratuities were included.

The only thing we found was that when we booked our packages in advance, it stated that gratuities of 15% would be added at checkout. This was true, but after all the figures were added up it still worked out at $62.10

Can I also point out, and I apologise if you already know, if you order a drink that is more than your limit YOU HAVE TO PAY THE ENTIRE PRICE. YOU CANNOT PAY THE DIFFERENCE

Thanks very much - all clear now,

Annie

I do enjoy a nice beer with a snifter of sambucca on the side. Do you have to order one thing, consume it, then order another, or can I sit at the bar and order both at the same time? Can I walk away with this combo or will I be flagged as a potential cheater now having security tail me throughout the ship? :D

I don't want them (or anyone here for that matter) to think that I am trying to pull one over on X, that's why I wrote that we are BOTH getting the Premium Package.

Thanks,

Very good question. You should probably ask since the total will probably be over $12. I am not 100% sure, but I think that I ordered a drink and a large bottled water at the same time. Although I found Celebrity to be very cooperative with the Premium drink package I am not sure that I would be confident in the actual practice in the different bars. If it was me I would confirm each time that I ordered it. The staff will tell you how best to handle your order.

Enjoy your package and cruise.

Trying to decide between the classic or premium alcohol package. Does anyone know if I could order the classic, try it for a day, then upgrade for the remainder of the cruise if I decide the premium is a better fit?

Thanks

I asked a similar question today and was advised that it was entirely at the discretion of guest relations on board. There should not be an issue but there are no guarantees.

Celebrity UK office advised that I would be better off paying as I went for the 1st day and then select the appropriate package.

Annie

Yes.

I don't think that is true.

If you have the premium package you just pay the amount over the £12 + tip. Not so with the classic package, there you pay the whole amount.

Thanks,

Once the bar tenders know you both have the Premium Package they will give you what you want. You may run into a bar tender here or there that may say no, but just move onto the next bar tender. Once they get to know you and they will you will not have a problem.:eek:

Been there done that with no problems, be nice to the bar tenders and give them a extra tip here and there and it's all good.:cool:

So my question is more in concern for another person in our party on a 4 day caribbean cruise. I intend to get the drink package as I like to have the freedom to get specialty teas, wine at dinner, drinks by the pool, etc, and not worry about my bill racking up.

One of the members in our party has only been on 1 prior cruise which was Carnival. When I mentioned the drink package she mentioned that she intended to smuggle on her alcohol in her luggage. I read on the X website that they can kick you off for doing so. Has anyone heard of this actually happening? How easy/hard/strict are they on this policy? It would put a lot of stress on the group if she was kicked off, but so far it seems like she is bound to at least try. I guess I just didn't know how serious of a thing this was. Is it a smack on the hand, or a serious offense?

She seems to not understand that this is not in the same category of cruises as her prior Carnival cruise. She is very "cheap". I am budget oriented, but I feel like vacations should be a time to relax and kick back. I am hoping to make this a enjoyable experience for us all.

Anyone have any info on what usually happens in this situation as well as how we could possibly convince her to just go ahead and buy drinks on the ship?

Celebrity allows 2 bottles of wine per stateroom to be carried onboard. Luggage is scanned at departure. Even if your friend "gets away with" bringing unauthorized alcohol on board, she cannot bring it to public places, ie pool, bars, so it may be very awkward if you plan to drink socially. The drink prices are reasonable IMO, so no need to stress and try to sneak in your booze.

My husband and I are buying the premium package for our upcoming Eclipse cruise. I would like to know if you pay the difference in price for a drink over $12 or the entire amount? Both have been brought up in this post, but no definitive answer. Does anyone know for sure??

So my question is more in concern for another person in our party on a 4 day caribbean cruise. I intend to get the drink package as I like to have the freedom to get specialty teas, wine at dinner, drinks by the pool, etc, and not worry about my bill racking up.

One of the members in our party has only been on 1 prior cruise which was Carnival. When I mentioned the drink package she mentioned that she intended to smuggle on her alcohol in her luggage. I read on the X website that they can kick you off for doing so. Has anyone heard of this actually happening? How easy/hard/strict are they on this policy? It would put a lot of stress on the group if she was kicked off, but so far it seems like she is bound to at least try. I guess I just didn't know how serious of a thing this was. Is it a smack on the hand, or a serious offense?

She seems to not understand that this is not in the same category of cruises as her prior Carnival cruise. She is very "cheap". I am budget oriented, but I feel like vacations should be a time to relax and kick back. I am hoping to make this a enjoyable experience for us all.

Anyone have any info on what usually happens in this situation as well as how we could possibly convince her to just go ahead and buy drinks on the ship?

If you do a search you will find many threads discussing this topic to get your answer. Let's hope that this thread turn into one of those.

When we boarded the Millennium on April 18th in San Juan there was a large sign - Two bottles of wine allowed per cabin - all other alcohol will be confiscated and not returned - maybe other cruises will not be so strict but why chance it?

My husband and I are buying the premium package for our upcoming Eclipse cruise. I would like to know if you pay the difference in price for a drink over $12 or the entire amount? Both have been brought up in this post, but no definitive answer. Does anyone know for sure??

I have seen several threads saying that you just pay the amount overvthe $12 not the whole amount. The most recent post was from a person who had just got off a ship having had the premium package.

We go in three days time and will test it out and let you know!

I have seen several threads saying that you just pay the amount overvthe $12 not the whole amount. The most recent post was from a person who had just got off a ship having had the premium package.

We go in three days time and will test it out and let you know!

Lucky YOU! Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing what you find out. Have fun!!

In August we had the premium package on the Summit and guest relations were most firm that drinks over $12 would be charged in full. I was a bit annoyed because I had read before on these boards that now there was only an up charge. And I have read so since we've been back. Wish we could get a definitive answer! Does it vary by ship? That doesn't make sense...

When we boarded the Millennium on April 18th in San Juan there was a large sign - Two bottles of wine allowed per cabin - all other alcohol will be confiscated and not returned - maybe other cruises will not be so strict but why chance it?

interesting.When carryon bags are being screened how would they know that 2 bags with 2 bottle of wine each in them are going to the same cabin?

Is the drink package available on Norwegian!!????? Please say yes! How much? I hope so because on vacation I will drink the whole bar! sailing to Beemuda 10/23!!!!

Assume you are talking about NCL? if so, you probably should be asking there. I will let you know the answer though -NO.