Ft. Lauderdale restaurants web pages

hew2nd

Hi all, we will be in Ft Laud Dec 11 for one night pre cruise, staying at the Hyatt Place on 17th.

Would love to have dinner on or near the water/beach, something with a view and family friendly! I've tried to read thru this thread but there are just too many pages, my head is spinning :p...any recommendations?

Bubba Gumps on the beach.

• 1 month later...

Someone mentioned Primanti Brothers further back in the thread. If you were staying at Hyatt Place, how would you get there? Is the only option cab? Not sure what time flight will arrive as they aren't able to be sold yet. Thinking we will be there in time for dinner.

If you say this place is no good or too far, can you recommend some place else. We don't do sea food, and trying to keep the budget low.

Thank you!

Someone mentioned Primanti Brothers further back in the thread. If you were staying at Hyatt Place, how would you get there? Is the only option cab? Not sure what time flight will arrive as they aren't able to be sold yet. Thinking we will be there in time for dinner.

If you say this place is no good or too far, can you recommend some place else. We don't do sea food, and trying to keep the budget low.

Thank you!

Primanti Brothers is 4 1/2 miles away from Hyatt Place and unfortunately the Sun Trolley (cheap transportation at $1/ride or $3/day pass) doesn't run after 6:30. A cab would be about $15 each way. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. In the Harbor Shops shopping center next to Hyatt Place check out Duffy's, Gilbert's, 5 Guys (burgers and fries).

Primanti Brothers is 4 1/2 miles away from Hyatt Place and unfortunately the Sun Trolley (cheap transportation at $1/ride or $3/day pass) doesn't run after 6:30. A cab would be about $15 each way. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. In the Harbor Shops shopping center next to Hyatt Place check out Duffy's, Gilbert's, 5 Guys (burgers and fries).

That's what I wanted to hear. It's not worth spending $30 in taxi fare. I posted in another thread about Cheesecake factory. It's ~2 miles away. I may just settle on Gilberts, but was looking forward to cheesecake :eek:

We will be coming in to FLL next Thurs. 28th, we will be staying at the Hilton FLL Marina, looking for something very close or a very short cab ride away. We loved the Boatyard in the past, husband can't walk very far. Is there anything around the Hilton Marina that I (we) could walk to for dinner. Thanks for any help you can give me.

We will be coming in to FLL next Thurs. 28th, we will be staying at the Hilton FLL Marina, looking for something very close or a very short cab ride away. We loved the Boatyard in the past, husband can't walk very far. Is there anything around the Hilton Marina that I (we) could walk to for dinner. Thanks for any help you can give me.

The Boatyard is a very short cab ride away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not cruising until next summer but researching now. Looking for a restaurant that has a relaxed casual atmosphere, a diverse mix of appetizers, can accommodate a party of 10-15 and is not a national chain.

Was able to save a few to my Favorites as possibilities.

Thank you! :D

Edited by sk84fungirl

• 2 weeks later...
Not cruising until next summer but researching now. Looking for a restaurant that has a relaxed casual atmosphere, a diverse mix of appetizers, can accommodate a party of 10-15 and is not a national chain.

Was able to save a few to my Favorites as possibilities.

Thank you! :D

Depending on where you are staying overnight, my first choice would be Duffy's off 17th. They won't take reservations, but if you call about 1/2 hour before, they will try to put tables together for you. They have no issue with separate bills also. Our service was excellent and everything was served quickly.

Depending on where you are staying overnight, my first choice would be Duffy's off 17th. They won't take reservations, but if you call about 1/2 hour before, they will try to put tables together for you. They have no issue with separate bills also. Our service was excellent and everything was served quickly.

Checked out their website and this looks pretty good! Have saved to my FAVs.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anywhere reasonable within walking distance of this hotel?

Any type of food at a good price.

Near the Hilton Garden Inn are some fast food options (taco Bell, Chipotle, etc.). Good breakfast option (Robert's) is a little farther. More options the other side of the highway. What are you looking for? :confused:

Plug the hotel address into Google Maps and you can see dining and shopping options that are near by

• 1 month later...

We are staying at the La Casa del Mar, Granada St. Will not get to hotel until about 8pm on a Friday night. Any ideas for a quick meal within (very) easy walking distance bearing in mind that we will be jet lagged after a TA flight. Can see Casablanca but their dinner menu seems a little heavy (and pricey!) Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Still highly recommend Casablanca and H2O Cafe, have been to both in the last couple of days. Also recommend Fork and Balls (meatball place) and Rocco's Tacos on Las Olas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Fork and Balls is now permanently closed.

• 1 month later...

I need some advice.... my daughter and I will be arriving at 9:05 p.m. on a Wednesday. What restaurants might be open later than 10 p.m. in the vicinity of 17th St. (near Hyatt)? Something w/in walking distance would be great but we could always drop our luggage and uber (we'll be on west coast time) Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We arrive in FLL on Saturday a.m. around 7 after an all night flight. We will be picking up a rental car and heading down to North Beach in Miami for a cruise the following day. Any recommendations for a breakfast place between FLL and N. Beach? Something that the locals love to go to. Funky, cool and inexpensive are just fine but also something that might be unique to the area (we are from Seattle). We are both gluten free so a bakery wouldn't work too well but good coffee is a must ;). Thank you in advance.

We arrive in FLL on Saturday a.m. around 7 after an all night flight. We will be picking up a rental car and heading down to North Beach in Miami for a cruise the following day. Any recommendations for a breakfast place between FLL and N. Beach? Something that the locals love to go to. Funky, cool and inexpensive are just fine but also something that might be unique to the area (we are from Seattle). We are both gluten free so a bakery wouldn't work too well but good coffee is a must ;). Thank you in advance.

Giorgio's Baker in Hollywood Beach. It is on the Intracoastal Waterway on AIA, just south of Hollywood Blvd, and 2 blocks from the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. There is a bakery there, but they have so much more ... great coffee, omlettes, crepes, etc.

There are also a number of little breakfast spots on the Broadwalk itself (Ocean Alley, Broadwalk Cafe).

• 4 weeks later...