Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Tank you very much! :D & I think you are mistaken about something, because I have no husband, let alone a boyfriend! ^^ I'm in grade 12 in highschool LOL. So I'm not quite sure what you're referring to! :p

Human error, I'm sure -you probably got mixed up with Sailor_Sally ;)

Human error, I'm sure -you probably got mixed up with Sailor_Sally ;)

Oh sorry for sure:o.....I know I read that someone posted their

husband was in Afganistan......the Thank you was meant for them.

Thanks:)........I always try to thank those serving our country.

Oh sorry for sure:o.....I know I read that someone posted their

husband was in Afganistan......the Thank you was meant for them.

Thanks:)........I always try to thank those serving our country.

Ahhh.. I see! No problem! :) I was just a little confused haha! That's very nice of you, I hope she reads your thanks!

Since we are going on an 11 night cruise in January, I decided that I wanted to look for some cocktail dresses in addition to my gowns. The strapless I picked up yesterday at a thrift store $20 and the sequined dress I won on an Ebay auction a few weeks ago for $32. I am thinking of changing into the sequin party dress after dinner on formal nights, since it will be easier to go dancing with our friends. :D

PA130009_zps242c0e3b.jpg

PA130010_zpsddbf4f1d.jpg

Lisa

----------------------

great dresses on you Lisa and fantastic prices also ... Have a great cruise in January !!! .... Dave and I are heading out on the Carnival Breeze in December to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary and I have already started my clothes packing list lol ....:)

Since we are going on an 11 night cruise in January, I decided that I wanted to look for some cocktail dresses in addition to my gowns. The strapless I picked up yesterday at a thrift store $20 and the sequined dress I won on an Ebay auction a few weeks ago for $32. I am thinking of changing into the sequin party dress after dinner on formal nights, since it will be easier to go dancing with our friends. :D

PA130009_zps242c0e3b.jpg

PA130010_zpsddbf4f1d.jpg

Lisa

Lisa, you sassy little thing! Two lovely dresses! Especially loving the sparkly one! Suits your personality to a T. I agree about the wardrobe change after dinner. As much as I love my formal gowns, I like to change out of them for the rest of the evening and be more comfortable, but I like to still be dressed up. Cocktail dresses are the perfect go-to change since my makeup and hair are already glammed up.

Much love girlfriend!~ Judy

Edited by heyitsmejudy

Ahhh.. I see! No problem! :) I was just a little confused haha! That's very nice of you, I hope she reads your thanks!

And there I was myself mixing up two ladies :rolleyes:

It was indeed Hurlymcgurly... Sailor_Sally just quoted your post.:o

Sorry everyone :D

PA130009_zps242c0e3b.jpg

PA130010_zpsddbf4f1d.jpg

Lisa

Such a classy looking lady in those beautiful dresses!!

Gerry

Thanks Gerry! Walt is now considering bringing both his tux and his seersucker suit since I am dressing up on several nights. He looks dashing in the seersucker...still shocked that he agreed to that suit...so I am happy that it will make an appearance. I am glad that we are driving to port so we can bring unlimited amounts of clothes. :eek::D:D:D

Lisa

Thanks Gerry! Walt is now considering bringing both his tux and his seersucker suit since I am dressing up on several nights. He looks dashing in the seersucker...still shocked that he agreed to that suit...so I am happy that it will make an appearance. I am glad that we are driving to port so we can bring unlimited amounts of clothes. :eek::D:D:D

Lisa

Lisa,

Last year we drove from Yuma AZ to Orlando Fl. to pick our Grandson up and then on to Ft. Lauderdale for the cruise. We had a ball and it was so much fun not having to worry about luggage limits. I had 1 suitcase that had all of the Christmas decorations in it. This year we are flying so I have to cut way back on decorations and clothes.:eek:

Have a great day

Gerry

Oh, and on a side note, I went to Target today and picked up one of those sticky bras. :p I'll let ya know what I think!

I do theatre, and have used them on stage. My only concern is when you get a bit sweaty.....let's just say I almost had one fall out of the bottom of my dress. lol

I have used the sticky bras but if you need support I wouldn't advise using them there is no support there at all. I didn't have any trouble with the slipping the first time I used them but did the times after. The sticky isn't anywhere near as sticky after the first wearing.

Hope that made sense.

Gerry

Hello all. I am new and will be going on my first cruise in 18 days! [stoked!]. I just wanted to share my bargains I got. I am not a fashion guru or experienced shopper. I rarely have an occasion to dress up. But I was so excited to get the chance. I live in a fairly small town. Macy's and JC Penny's are about it around here. I searched high and low and found nothing. I was hoping to get 2 gowns around $100 each. Good much huh? Well I finally broke down and ordered the ivory one on eBay. It was a Clarisse which seemed to be a good brand. It was beautiful but too big and did not fit well so I planned to get it altered which i sure would not be cheap. Then I went to Macy's again and found this beautiful purple gown for $99. I found out later it was an online return. When I bought it I opened a Macy's account to get 20% off my purchase (as I had about $600+ in other cruise summer clothes and accessories) plus I would get another 20% off my first statement. I also paid $25 to sign up for their "thanks for sharing" program to get a 10% rebate next spring. When I got home I realized they only gave me 15% off and there was a big flaw on the dress. I went back and they corrected it, ordered me a new dress, and gave me $25 Macy's bucks. So I thought I was all set. Then yesterday I stop in and I spot a bunch of gowns (that i have no idea where they came from because i've been there a couple times a week for months) and there is this beautiful grey gown on a 65% off rack but only marked 25% off. Its so heavy it must weigh 5 lbs! I ask about it expecting to hear "too bad" because I've been trying to get a cocktail dress for weeks that still rings up 25% off and they say they can't. Well today they got the ok on the gown! Wish the darn cocktail dress was still there! First day I could not find it! So long and short I ended up getting both gowns for $24 after my rebate next spring! Holy cow! Plus I was able to put a stop on the other gown from being altered. Maybe I'll try to sell it online as they won't accept returns. I've learned my lesson there. So I did spend $100 on that as well. I hope the pics come through. This is my first try.

nu6evuma.jpg

ehe2epu6.jpg

ypa3ybe9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks! I'm surprised how heavy the dress is, but it's nicely lined and the sequins are a good material. The only adjustment I need to make is the one-shoulder strap, which is a plain material behind that "flower." It needs to be about 2 inches shorter to keep the shoulder up on me. I may even do it myself, if I can dig out my sewing machine. LOL

Oh, and that slit goes right to top of my thigh. :eek:

Edited by Laurie S.

Hello all. I am new and will be going on my first cruise in 18 days! [stoked!]. I just wanted to share my bargains I got. I am not a fashion guru or experienced shopper. I rarely have an occasion to dress up. But I was so excited to get the chance. I live in a fairly small town. Macy's and JC Penny's are about it around here. I searched high and low and found nothing. I was hoping to get 2 gowns around $100 each. Good much huh? Well I finally broke down and ordered the ivory one on eBay. It was a Clarisse which seemed to be a good brand. It was beautiful but too big and did not fit well so I planned to get it altered which i sure would not be cheap. Then I went to Macy's again and found this beautiful purple gown for $99. I found out later it was an online return. When I bought it I opened a Macy's account to get 20% off my purchase (as I had about $600+ in other cruise summer clothes and accessories) plus I would get another 20% off my first statement. I also paid $25 to sign up for their "thanks for sharing" program to get a 10% rebate next spring. When I got home I realized they only gave me 15% off and there was a big flaw on the dress. I went back and they corrected it, ordered me a new dress, and gave me $25 Macy's bucks. So I thought I was all set. Then yesterday I stop in and I spot a bunch of gowns (that i have no idea where they came from because i've been there a couple times a week for months) and there is this beautiful grey gown on a 65% off rack but only marked 25% off. Its so heavy it must weigh 5 lbs! I ask about it expecting to hear "too bad" because I've been trying to get a cocktail dress for weeks that still rings up 25% off and they say they can't. Well today they got the ok on the gown! Wish the darn cocktail dress was still there! First day I could not find it! So long and short I ended up getting both gowns for $24 after my rebate next spring! Holy cow! Plus I was able to put a stop on the other gown from being altered. Maybe I'll try to sell it online as they won't accept returns. I've learned my lesson there. So I did spend $100 on that as well. I hope the pics come through. This is my first try.

Good job on your picture posting and your shopping. I love those +%+% off sales. Was the amount to alter the ivory dress very high? It is gorgeous and might be worth it for a future cruise.

Good job on your picture posting and your shopping. I love those +%+% off sales. Was the amount to alter the ivory dress very high? It is gorgeous and might be worth it for a future cruise.

Well I never asked her the cost to alter as I figured I was stuck with it and had to pay the price. :) When I pick it up I'll ask her just so I know. I do like it so its a thought.