Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Sarah,

Great cruise dresses. I loved your "Live from" report on the Volendam. Your food pictures made me hungry! I like to take pictures of everything when I travel, also.

Thanks! ^^ Wow, that's awesome! I'm glad that you enjoyed it! :) LOL I hear often that my report makes people hungry ^^, its pretty funny. Oh cool, do you have any reports or anything? I'd love to see some of them! (:

Thanks! ^^ Wow, that's awesome! I'm glad that you enjoyed it! :) LOL I hear often that my report makes people hungry ^^, its pretty funny. Oh cool, do you have any reports or anything? I'd love to see some of them! (:

Sarah,

I did a review of my last cruise in the reviews section (but there were no pictures). I will be writing a blog (with pictures) for my world voyage. I will definitely include some food pictures so I can make others hungry!:D

Kathi

Sarah,

I did a review of my last cruise in the reviews section (but there were no pictures). I will be writing a blog (with pictures) for my world voyage. I will definitely include some food pictures so I can make others hungry!:D

Kathi

I am sooo looking forward to this. Actually, after reading yesterday, that you started saving for this cruise back in the 90's, inspired me to do the same.

I would love to give this cruise to my husband as a retirement gift...:o

Sarah,

Kathi

Ohh, I see. :) I will look forward to it! Link me when the time comes! That sounds awesome! ^^ I'm so jealous, haha! I've always wanted to go on a world voyage, but school and stuff, ya know? :/ I LOVE food pictures :D I can never get enough of them! I myself have a couple of blogs as well, one for scenery pictures during my travelling (http://alliciant.tumblr.com), one to store all of my trip reports (http://sarah-travelsblog.tumblr.com) and one blog strictly reserved for reblogging beautiful food LOL (http://melliflu.tumblr.com). I feel like I'm an eccentric, having so many blogs ^^"

Still, I look forward to your future blog and hope you remember to tell me all about when the time comes! (:

Edited by lovely_serenity

Ladies' date='[/b']

I'm on the hunt for some shoe clips to wear with a couple of evening bags..haven't found them yet.:

Drew's Wife,

I know this is a slow response, I haven't been on in a while...just catching up on looking at everyone's pretty dresses.

If you are still looking for shoe clips - consider checking out oversize clip-on earrings.

Amy

Ladies' date='[/b']

I'm on the hunt for some shoe clips to wear with a couple of evening bags..haven't found them yet.:

Drew's Wife,

I know this is a slow response, I haven't been on in a while...just catching up on looking at everyone's pretty dresses.

If you are still looking for shoe clips - consider checking out oversize clip-on earrings.

Amy

Amy,

What a good idea! I have several pair of old vintage clip on earrings that might work for my upcoming cruise. Thanks for the idea. I've been trying to look for shoe clips as well but am reluctant to order online as I can't feel or see the quality of the rhinestones, etc.

Debbie

Ladies' date='[/b']

Drew's Wife,

Amy

Thanks so much. I have actually thought about doing this. I remember my grandmother had beautiful clip "ear bobs" as she called them.;) However, I just want bows to match the bow on the evening bag.

It should be simple to do with my glue gun and some ribbon, but I so dread burning my fingers with that hot glue!:D

Hi - We are leaving on our 1st cruise this Sunday - Allure Western Caribbean.

Is this dress too casual for formal night if I wear a necklace and high heels?

I appreciate your advice.

1588358_fpx.tif?wid=82&hei=101&fit=fit,1&$filtersm$

It's a pretty dress but it doesn't look like a cocktail dress or gown. You will see people dressed more casually that that though so if you are comfortable then go for it.

OK, so Ross opened in Peoria this past weekend so I thought I'd check them out. I was so disappointed. Our TJ Maxx offers much better buys. Maybe I was disappointed because I was sick or maybe they just didn't have much that appealed to me since I have been in shopping mode since Oct 2012 when I started to replace my wardrobe after losing 44 LBS. Who knows but in any case I walked away with nothing.

I've still got to find swimsuits for my Oct cruise. All my others are too big. What a great problem to have!

OK, so Ross opened in Peoria this past weekend so I thought I'd check them out. I was so disappointed. Our TJ Maxx offers much better buys. Maybe I was disappointed because I was sick or maybe they just didn't have much that appealed to me since I have been in shopping mode since Oct 2012 when I started to replace my wardrobe after losing 44 LBS. Who knows but in any case I walked away with nothing.

I've still got to find swimsuits for my Oct cruise. All my others are too big. What a great problem to have!

Check out Dillards. They are having an extra 30 and 40% off their clearance and they had some really cute swimsuits on sale here today. I picked up 3 bottoms and a top. It is a tankini and soo cute.

I also picked up a really cute coverup. The tankini was $29. and the bottoms averaged $9-10. The coverup was $8.00.

Gerry

Cathie-- love the dress!

May I ask where you bought it?

I got it at Target in Canada (not sure if it would in USA or just Canada for this particular dress) and it is in their flyer this week :-) Love it love it love it and it fits like a dream :)

No Target in our area yet; just got a Marshalls though.

My newest dress (needs to be shortened) is from Winners (a lucky find for me!)

Reitmans is having their summer sale; managed to get 3 new tops! But one of their stores in the town next to us is closing down:( and I do like their stuff (even if it is only for now and not forever!)

I got it at Target in Canada (not sure if it would in USA or just Canada for this particular dress) and it is in their flyer this week :-) Love it love it love it and it fits like a dream :)

No Target in our area yet; just got a Marshalls though.

My newest dress (needs to be shortened) is from Winners (a lucky find for me!)

Reitmans is having their summer sale; managed to get 3 new tops! But one of their stores in the town next to us is closing down:( and I do like their stuff (even if it is only for now and not forever!)

I went to the Target website and I think you might be able to find it there. It looks like the same dress, but you just never know. It is on sale for $20.

Thanks Gerry but we don't have a Dillards here. I have been going on line but found nothing at the prices you have here. I'll keep looking.

Check out Dillards. They are having an extra 30 and 40% off their clearance and they had some really cute swimsuits on sale here today. I picked up 3 bottoms and a top. It is a tankini and soo cute.

I also picked up a really cute coverup. The tankini was $29. and the bottoms averaged $9-10. The coverup was $8.00.

Gerry

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend.

Just wanted to post a couple of photos of new dresses that I have ordered. Haven't recieved them yet, but they should arrive in a couple of weeks..

The first picture is a dress that I wore on our last cruise. I liked it so much that I ordered it in red and my favorite "green", but I really wanted it in a royal blue so that is on the way. Next the picture of the green dress, I ordered in black. The last dress (the purple) came a couple of weeks ago....not to sure about it...It's really large in the bust so I will have to take it and see if it can be altered. Also, I'm not crazy about the color...it is more mauve than purple...

I also bought a couple of new cocktail dress in a dark purple and black, so I'm all set for the next cruise....Just still seems so far away.

I think I have too much time on my hands right now!:D

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!:)

1307376736_formalnight.jpg.57636f509dff0824069460319165cc8b.jpg

2037863054_greendress.jpg.e45b5c3dcb2199a41da8d49f8846e439.jpg

651844955_purpledress.jpg.82545efa4bf1600312ef3ae05a2d40b8.jpg

Hi ladies' date='[/color']

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend.

Just wanted to post a couple of photos of new dresses that I have ordered. Haven't recieved them yet, but they should arrive in a couple of weeks..

The first picture is a dress that I wore on our last cruise. I liked it so much that I ordered it in red and my favorite "green", but I really wanted it in a royal blue so that is on the way. Next the picture of the green dress, I ordered in black. The last dress (the purple) came a couple of weeks ago....not to sure about it...It's really large in the bust so I will have to take it and see if it can be altered. Also, I'm not crazy about the color...it is more mauve than purple...

I also bought a couple of new cocktail dress in a dark purple and black, so I'm all set for the next cruise....Just still seems so far away.

I think I have too much time on my hands right now!:D

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!:)

Love both of those dresses. Too bad the purple is not the color in the picture because that is so pretty.

Drew's Wife - love the green dress in the photo.

You look lovely in the black one, but I'd be tugging at the high neck all night. Every since I stopped downhill skiing and not wearing turtlenecks, I can't even stand some crew neck t-shirts.

Drew's Wife - love the green dress in the photo.

You look lovely in the black one, but I'd be tugging at the high neck all night. Every since I stopped downhill skiing and not wearing turtlenecks, I can't even stand some crew neck t-shirts.

Thank you so much...you know the dress didn't bother me...I thought it might. That is what really attracted me to the dress from the start and the fact that my husband loves a high neck like that.;)