new coffee card - response from Princess

vickie_bernie

You can use remaining punches for specialty coffee drinks but can't use the card for unlimited brewed coffee. You could use a punch for each cup of brewed coffee or purchase another cruise specific card valid for unlimited brewed coffee on the cruise it's purchased.

We successfully asked to exchange an old-style card for a new card with an equal number of punches removed. That request was accepted and voila, unlimited brewed for that cruise.

We successfully asked to exchange an old-style card for a new card with an equal number of punches removed. That request was accepted and voila, unlimited brewed for that cruise.

I've read that other passengers have occasionally had a server who did this for them also so it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

I read through this whole thread and all I have to say is that the Princess management really must be a bunch of cheapos.

I suspect that when they designed the coffee card, they did not anticipate that people would keep at least one punch on a card and drink brewed coffee forever.

But there will be on the new cards. ;)

Since these 'specialty coffee cards' were sold under the pretense they did not expire, Princess seems to be keeping their word. You can still use any and all punches left on your old cards until they are used up. But if you want unlimited fresh brewed, you will have to have a new card with the name of your ship and sailing on it. That is how I am understanding this, and I would bet cha I am correct.

You can use your old card for brewed coffee but they will punch a hole in it. I did that on last cruise.

I have a few coffee cards that were purchased onboard Crown Princess during our New Year's cruise Dec '10-Jan '11. Will these cards still be honored? Thanks!

On a recent cruise on the Emerald, I exchanged a previously purchased coffee card with NO punches for a new card which was good for the entire cruise for free brewed coffee. That is my understanding of the current rule. If the previously purchased card has NO punches (a virgin card, if you will), it will be exchanged for a new one.

• 2 years later...
So --- what is Princess charging now?

From the Princess website.....

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00

it was my understanding it is that way now, only it was up to the barrister to mark the ship and date on back, you could carry card over to another ship for speciality coffees but not free brewed luckily for me the last cruise I took the lady did not mark it so it carried over no problem and I continued the free brewed coffee

it was my understanding it is that way now, only it was up to the barrister to mark the ship and date on back, you could carry card over to another ship for speciality coffees but not free brewed luckily for me the last cruise I took the lady did not mark it so it carried over no problem and I continued the free brewed coffee

And that is EXACTLY why Princess is changing the card. Why would you brag about this on a forum you know Princess reads?