What can men wear to breakfast?

Swim trunks are not appropriate for a dining room breakfast. I can’t recall but I believe the daily Compass states that swimwear may NOT be worn on the dining room.

Your short sleeved t shirt will be fine for breakfast in any venue.

I generally see men in shorts (rather than swim trunks) in eating venues.

M

Swim trunks are not appropriate for a dining room breakfast. I can’t recall but I believe the daily Compass states that swimwear may NOT be worn on the dining room.

M

Thanks for all the help so far! My father has difficulties with mobility, and uses a scooter, and we were just trying to plan out the easiest way to get him up and moving in the morning with the least amount of wardrobe changes and trips up and down the elevator. His swim trunks are so long that he can't wear shorts over them, and he's pretty wobbly, so the idea of him changing in a bathroom on the pool deck doesn't seem wise.

My hope was that at least at the casual venues, he'd be ok in his swimtrunks so he could go straight from there to the pool deck... sounds like the jury is still out. We'll definitely make sure he's in non-swim shorts if we go to the MDR.

Thanks for all the help so far! My father has difficulties with mobility, and uses a scooter, and we were just trying to plan out the easiest way to get him up and moving in the morning with the least amount of wardrobe changes and trips up and down the elevator. His swim trunks are so long that he can't wear shorts over them, and he's pretty wobbly, so the idea of him changing in a bathroom on the pool deck doesn't seem wise.

My hope was that at least at the casual venues, he'd be ok in his swimtrunks so he could go straight from there to the pool deck... sounds like the jury is still out. We'll definitely make sure he's in non-swim shorts if we go to the MDR.

my husband will often wear shorts over swim trunks. No "changing" reguired, just taking off a layer. If mobility is the main issue I'm sure longer dry swim trunks will be OK in the more casual areas. Changing in the small pool deck bathrooms might be too dangerous. The floor can get wet and be slippery!

Good luck

In my personal opinion, there is no practical difference between dry knee length swim trunks and shorts.

M

Today so many mens swim trunks look like shorts,that the are also worn as shorts during the day.I think it would be okay,I see it alot. Thats just my opinion.:)

I take one casual lounging sweats, tank and capris.

I feel the way people drink on cruises (not me), and people always in a hurry to go somewhere no one will remember my breakfast atire.

besides they can see me at my best (or should I say worst).

Safe travels.

Just don't wear a hat to breakfast or lunch in the MDR. I made that mistake once.

Did they actually make you remove it? I have seen so many ballcaps worn at dinner and not removed!:rolleyes:MY mother always taught my brothers to remove their hats whenever they went into a restuaraunt or someones home.

In my personal opinion, there is no practical difference between dry knee length swim trunks and shorts.

I agree, and the long "board shorts" are fine for breakfast anywhere on the ship. Men are constantly wearing longer shorts in the MDR at breakfast.

Just don't wear a tank top. One time when we were docking in Labadee, I went to breakfast in a tank top, denied entry!! :eek:

You're a very naughty Tomcat !! Next time shorts or pants as well please!!!! lol :D

I think this is just one of those issues in which it depends on who is "in charge" in the MDR. There are plenty of times when I see people who come in looking like they just washed up onshore, yet when I went to lunch one time in a sleeveless blouse, I was denied entry. They wouldn't let me in even when I pointed out the other "sleeveless" women they had let in. I wound up going to the Windjammer that day.

Archived