The Pride: What REALLY happened...

IGGY63

No they automatically credited it to the sign and sail account. So I could not refuse it. But I am sending a complaint letter and will not sail with Carnival again

Soooo, all things being equal who are you going to sail with (or are you giving up on cruising all together)? Chances are you would receive the same or worse treatment from another cruiseline and the weather would have the same impact on the ship.

We were on this cruise. We were not affected by the banging in our cabin, but we did hear as we walked about. It was LOUD and pretty constant.

At first we thought it was someone trapped in an elevator. Every time we heard the BANG we saw dust fly around the elevator area. We thought someone was kicking the door. We stood at the elevator door and yelled "Hello". No response. It was then an employee said something about a door belong banging below.

I know what Lady received as compensation. Does not seem enough to me.

Maybe, maybe not but it's more than CCL had to provide. I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy so I'd be happy with it.

I disagree. The banging started well before the storm. The storm started fri. Lady said the banging started when we left Port canaveral on wed. Don't know if they "had to provide" anything, but it's good customer relations.

4 days with the banging I heard would have left me an unhappy camper/cruiser.

I personally have no isssues with the cruise. We had a great time. Don't want anything. Don't expect anything, but .... if they offered ...

Hello there,

What do you mean by this? Sorry, I missed the context. We're heading out on the Pride on Sunday.

Thanks,

Boog

the original cruise had an almost 3 day stay in bermuda, which was cut to almost 2 days due to its late departure.

it was then cut to 23 hours and left early due to sean.

I disagree. The banging started well before the storm. The storm started fri. Lady said the banging started when we left Port canaveral on wed. Don't know if they "had to provide" anything, but it's good customer relations.

4 days with the banging I heard would have left me an unhappy camper/cruiser.

I personally have no isssues with the cruise. We had a great time. Don't want anything. Don't expect anything, but .... if they offered ...

I don't know what you are disagreeing with. I said that it's more than CCL had to provide. Contractually this is so, they did not have to provide any compensation at all, but as you say they chose to for customer relations. I also said I'd be happy with what they offered, which is a statement related to how I look at things.

I don't know what you are disagreeing with. I said that it's more than CCL had to provide. Contractually this is so, they did not have to provide any compensation at all, but as you say they chose to for customer relations. I also said I'd be happy with what they offered, which is a statement related to how I look at things.

I'm not understanding what you don't understand. If the banging were storm related, I can understand that they had no obligation to offer anything, but obviously it was something else.

To me it would be the same as if the toilet wouldn't flush, or the tv didn't work, or the door to your balcony wouldn't open.:confused:

I'm not understanding what you don't understand. If the banging were storm related, I can understand that they had no obligation to offer anything, but obviously it was something else.

To me it would be the same as if the toilet wouldn't flush, or the tv didn't work, or the door to your balcony wouldn't open.:confused:

I don't see in the contract where that distinction is made, so legally CCL had no obligation to provide compensation. I think cruise lines might choose to see a distinction in deciding how much compensation to provide but that is entirely within their discretion.

Halloween is hurricane season...:)

It doesn't end until the end of November...

I was just thinking that, in relation to the post about it not being hurricane season - LOL!

Yes, down here in Florida, we laugh at Thanksgiving, because there have been a few years where the most thing we were thankful for at the dinner table was the "end of hurricane season" :)

But I do have to say, before moving here, I thought hurricane season was June through August. I've learned a lot since then!

Can some of you 'land lovers' who do not cruise that often help me out? If you are in an all inclusive, or at the Marriott somewhere......

1. Do they offer credits or refunds if you happen to be there during a hurricane?

2. Do they try to move the resort out of the way of the incoming weather?

3. Do they offer credits or refunds when it rains all week and you can't use the beach or the pool?

4. Do they offer credits or refunds when your neighbors are too loud?

5. Do they offer credits or refunds if the elevators do not work?

I have never taken one of those vacations so I am not sure....but when I go cruising...like in the ocean 75 miles offshore during hurricane season...I kind of expect the 'unexpected'...or perhaps storms, or the 'norwalk virus'....stuff you simply can't control.

I just don't get people that complain and think it is Carnival's fault.:confused:

Granted..yes if I had a problem with consistent 'banging', I would not be happy and this is a TOTALLY SEPARATE ISSUE. Obviously what I would consider a problem would be different than what others would consider.

I know CCL wants to please their guests and they will rectify a problem as soon as they can, and usually do. I have had friends on a cruise that changed rooms, and CCL accommodated them as soon as they could.

Look at the 'big picture'. CCL is not obligated to provide refunds / credits and they have.

If you don't like Carnival, try another line and see what they will do in the same or similar circumstances.

If you don't like cruising, enjoy a week in Mexico during a big storm where they do not have the infrastructure nor the desire to help you. Before you 'flame me' for this comment, I am just going by media reports of people stranded in third world countries during inclement weather conditions where people are interested in their safety and concern about getting a flight home when there are not enough flights available to get everyone out quickly.

Ya,that 8th day was really stressful. Outside of not having hot chocolate, I think my bed was not made on Saturday morning come to think of it....because all crew were assisting everyone they could.:rolleyes:

I wonder what kind of credits you get at the airport in Mexico or The Dominican while you wait? Your bed wouldn't be maid then either....cause you wouldn't have one......

Oh ya......the 8th day was free...ALMOST forgot.

Hmmmmmm.....

Dave, I think you hit the nail on the head. I remember when Wilma was pounding the Yucatan, my Western Caribbean cruise turned into an Eastern Caribbean cruise. There's no way to shift those hotels to another part of the Caribbean. People were stranded in shelters in Cancun while I was enjoying San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. We had one guy in our group who thought he should be compensated because we didn't go to Cozumel. :rolleyes:

Can some of you 'land lovers' who do not cruise that often help me out? If you are in an all inclusive, or at the Marriott somewhere......

1. Do they offer credits or refunds if you happen to be there during a hurricane?

2. Do they try to move the resort out of the way of the incoming weather?

3. Do they offer credits or refunds when it rains all week and you can't use the beach or the pool?

4. Do they offer credits or refunds when your neighbors are too loud?

5. Do they offer credits or refunds if the elevators do not work?

I have never taken one of those vacations so I am not sure....but when I go cruising...like in the ocean 75 miles offshore during hurricane season...I kind of expect the 'unexpected'...or perhaps storms, or the 'norwalk virus'....stuff you simply can't control.

I just don't get people that complain and think it is Carnival's fault.:confused:

Granted..yes if I had a problem with consistent 'banging', I would not be happy and this is a TOTALLY SEPARATE ISSUE. Obviously what I would consider a problem would be different than what others would consider.

I know CCL wants to please their guests and they will rectify a problem as soon as they can, and usually do. I have had friends on a cruise that changed rooms, and CCL accommodated them as soon as they could.

Look at the 'big picture'. CCL is not obligated to provide refunds / credits and they have.

If you don't like Carnival, try another line and see what they will do in the same or similar circumstances.

If you don't like cruising, enjoy a week in Mexico during a big storm where they do not have the infrastructure nor the desire to help you. Before you 'flame me' for this comment, I am just going by media reports of people stranded in third world countries during inclement weather conditions where people are interested in their safety and concern about getting a flight home when there are not enough flights available to get everyone out quickly.

Ya,that 8th day was really stressful. Outside of not having hot chocolate, I think my bed was not made on Saturday morning come to think of it....because all crew were assisting everyone they could.:rolleyes:

I wonder what kind of credits you get at the airport in Mexico or The Dominican while you wait? Your bed wouldn't be maid then either....cause you wouldn't have one......

Oh ya......the 8th day was free...ALMOST forgot.

Hmmmmmm.....

I could not agree with you more. One year we were at the beach during a storm. Electric out, no elevator, room on the 9th floor, used the steps, gale force winds and rain, no beach time. How much compensation do you think we got NADA. People need to get a grip

wow, great photos and video! And a great, balanced review, too.

I think as long as I had enough gravol, I would love a ride like that just once :) As long as no one was hurt and no major damage was done.

I noticed one thing - no chair hogs! Probably the only time all week you could have got that hammock!

DSC02635.jpg

We were on deck 1 mid ship and our ocean view cabin provided a view of the ocean that we had not expected, the view of the water from below. At least the windows were sealed tight.

The cabin would creak each time a large swell would hit, and the elevators were an E ticket ride sometimes, but the loudest noises did not hit until we were tied up in port as our cabin was right above the access door used to remove luggage and bring on new supplies. They were moving stuff late into the night, but given that our stay on board was free and the ship did have to get ready for the next cruise, we had no problem with it.

Anyway the experience was great, not something I would want to happen every cruise but it made for a very memorable cruise.

DSC02635.jpg

We were on deck 1 mid ship and our ocean view cabin provided a view of the ocean that we had not expected, the view of the water from below. At least the windows were sealed tight.

The cabin would creak each time a large swell would hit, and the elevators were an E ticket ride sometimes, but the loudest noises did not hit until we were tied up in port as our cabin was right above the access door used to remove luggage and bring on new supplies. They were moving stuff late into the night, but given that our stay on board was free and the ship did have to get ready for the next cruise, we had no problem with it.

Anyway the experience was great, not something I would want to happen every cruise but it made for a very memorable cruise.

You have finally put a picture to what I imagined what the view from our cabin was when we were hit broadside by a tropical wind gust on the Fantasy. :D

wow, great photos and video! And a great, balanced review, too.

I think as long as I had enough gravol, I would love a ride like that just once :) As long as no one was hurt and no major damage was done.

I noticed one thing - no chair hogs! Probably the only time all week you could have got that hammock!

There were no chair hogs at all this cruise. However everything was removed from the Serenity deck that wasn't attached to the ship.

DSC02635.jpg

OMG! Very pretty...but scary.

We were in 6279 and those above and below us heard banging as well from Wed thru early Sunday Morning. They gave us the same credit and we were insulted by it. I felt with what we went through they should have offered us more:mad:

I am not being a jerk here, just curious. What do you consider fair compensation?

Archived