Sail Like a Norwegian

Got2Cruise

I just saw the commercial on T.V. What the heck is that supposed to mean? Both this new ad campaign, and the Breakaway naming of the ship, leaves me scratching my head.

I think the commercial is very catchy and cute. I came on this board to start a thread on it. I wonder if you saw the shortened version? The longer one is very clever.

Can't comment on the Breakaway.

Kathy

i LOVE NCL...havent seen the commercial yet, but dont like the slogan much "Sail like a Norwegian":(maybe it will grow on me....nahhhhh i doubt it:D

like bakerintn said it brings up images of vikings...yep, that too is what i thought the first time i read the slogan!!

Sorry but any version of this stinks. Both of the new ship names are terrible. I still think the video is offensive (the long version). But thats just my opinion. I dont want to get into the details because I already did on another thread. But it wont keep from sailing NCL. :D

I thought it was a cleaver way of linking some of the places NCL cruises along with some of the activites you can do -all capped by the slogan "Cruise like a Norwegian"

Is is any worse than the RCCL ads showing what you can do ON their ships??

I just saw the commercial on T.V. What the heck is that supposed to mean? Both this new ad campaign, and the Breakaway naming of the ship, leaves me scratching my head.

I agree about the Breakaway and why they choose the name is beyond me, but I love the "phrase" I think it will identify people with NCL for a long time.

Nita

Gee, maybe I'm a minority of one, but I love the commercial :)....I've seen the 30-second several times here in the NY market & immediately "got it". To me, the reference is: the best food in the world is in Paris, the best surfing in the world is in Hawaii, the most romantic spot on earth is Venice, the best parties in the world are in Brazil...therefore... the best cruise line is Norwegian. :D.

I have seen the commercial a lot recently and it seems to have an upbeat catchy theme. I do not see where it would be disrespectful to anyone. The name Breakaway for the new ship, IMO, is horrible. I respectfully ask, "Who wants to be out on the ocean on any vessle that puts the idea of breaking apart in your mind." Again, thats my opinon. In any event, with regard to the commercial and ship's name, it is what it is.

Gee, maybe I'm a minority of one, but I love the commercial :)....I've seen the 30-second several times here in the NY market & immediately "got it". To me, the reference is: the best food in the world is in Paris, the best surfing in the world is in Hawaii, the most romantic spot on earth is Venice, the best parties in the world are in Brazil...therefore... the best cruise line is Norwegian. :D.

BINGO !!! And to bring back Norwegian Cruise Lines as the brand name (as opposed to NCL). :)

I like sailing like a Norwegian! Good grief - it has nothing to do with one being from Norway, it's NCL they're talking about - how can that be offensive? Are we really so sensitive these days that we can't talk about any other country and 'get it?' If I were Brazilian I'd love seeing my country's name in lights in a positive commercial!

I love the commercial too......

For years there have been absolutely no commercials where I live about NCL.....

I literally started dancing when I saw the commercial for the first time......

I am so sick of Royal Carribean's commercials.......its about time we had a nice commercial to compete!!!!

I agree. I think it's catchy. I think the commercial is much fresher, giving you the impression that Norwegian is a fun, uplifting, happy cruise line.

I've seen the commercials on a lot of the popular shows - Amazing Race, Survivor, Blue Bloods, Iron Chef America, Parenthood to name a few.

I also agree that I'm not keen on the new ship names but I don't think that they are going to change. Oh well.

I like sailing like a Norwegian! Good grief - it has nothing to do with one being from Norway, it's NCL they're talking about - how can that be offensive? Are we really so sensitive these days that we can't talk about any other country and 'get it?' If I were Brazilian I'd love seeing my country's name in lights in a positive commercial!

Thank you! Been biting my tongue on this one. Can't say anything without offending someone. Lighten up America! I say America because it seems like we Americans are the ones who are way over the sensitivity edge.

As for the name, to me it seems more like "breakaway from the doldrums and come on this ship and have an awesome time!" And that's exactly what I plan to do.

Although, now that I think about it, I shouldn't be sailing Norwegian at all. I'm a Packer fan not a Viking fan! ;-)

Archived