Free Email

raz455

Can you add your own message or is it just a standard card determined by Princess?

We'll be having our Renewal of Vows on the Ruby in March and want to send the date and time to family and friends in advance so they might be able to catch it on the chappel-cam but we won't know the time until we're on the ship....

No preprinted Princess message. You type your own. You are limited as to how much space you can use, but it's quite sufficient for the usual email.

No preprinted Princess message. You type your own. You are limited as to how much space you can use, but it's quite sufficient for the usual email.

I believe on our recent Emerald the personal message was limited to 300 or 350 characters which includes spaces and punctuation. There is a countdown showing remaining characters available for that message.

You CAN send one ecard to more than one person, just type in the addresses with a comma between the addresses and you can send to a whole group of family and friends. Just have a list of all those addresses since many of us don't have them committed to memory.

Thanks!

At this very minute...Princess is scheming a way to now charge for these. ;)[/

LOL! I bet you are right!! :p

Shhhh! Lets keep it on the down low!!!! ;)

If you save the URL, you can use it from home, too.

The only problem I had with the cards, is you have no idea

how long/if they will be delivered. Some went instantly,

some took a day or two.

And, there is no way for someone to directly reply.

It's a little risky for anything important.

We just got off the Star on Dec 24, first 16 day cruise and 14 more for some very lucky people. I sent many of the Free Princess e-cards to my friends and they were very much appreciated. One friend said that it was like her traveling with us. :)

I so wish they had a "LIKE" button here, as they do on Face Book!

We'll be having our Renewal of Vows on the Ruby in March and want to send the date and time to family and friends in advance so they might be able to catch it on the chappel-cam but we won't know the time until we're on the ship....

Be also sure to tell what time zone you will be in.

Be also sure to tell what time zone you will be in.

Thanks - I will.

It's an Eastern Caribbean cruise after Daylight Savings Time kicks in so I don't think there will be any time change during the cruise (EDT will be the same as Atlantic Time Zone) but I will confirm this after boarding.

Yes, you can embed or attach, but it will be slow unless you have reduced the photo size significantly.

I don't think this is correct. If you are using the princess e-card

app, you can't paste an image into the text input box on your

browser screen.

You might be able to type a link, but for that to work

you would have then had to have somehow gotten the

image to an off-ship server to link to.

I don't think this is correct. If you are using the princess e-card

app, you can't paste an image into the text input box on your

browser screen.

You might be able to type a link, but for that to work

you would have then had to have somehow gotten the

image to an off-ship server to link to.

I had interpreted the question to mean if they were using their own e-mail.

If they are sending the Princess postcard, you are 100% correct, no including your own picture.

Edited by caribill

I asked about this while on the Golden in November and was told there was a "connect fee" to send the epostcards.

See picture with Post #23.

On the right is a "Free Zone" which says "Browse these sites compliments of Princess."

In that list is "Send a free Princess eCard to friends and family."

So, if that screen has not changed, there is no connect fee involved. This is true whether you use the computers in the Internet Cafe, computers at the Future Cruise Consultant area, or your own laptop/netbook.

I sent out a lot of e-cards on my Nov. cruise. It would be a shame for Princess to fool with this. Princess is getting a lot of free advertising with cards with Princess ships pictured and named.

Sali

Not to mention all of the email addresses that they are collecting for their marketing department.

• 2 years later...
So, if you use your own Ipad you can connect to the "free Princess site" without buying minutes? do you have to be near the internet cafe or can you do that from your cabin?
All Princess ships have had WiFi throughout the ship, including cabins, for years. You can use you iPad anywhere on the ship.