Anyone have pictures of the Solstice Class 2D obstructed view balcony's?

A Sixth?

Gulp...I posted to this thread in January and never posted the link. :o Here's a photo of one side of one of the S-Class ships. Since the ships are symmetrical and most of the S-Class ships are the same, this photo should show the amount of obstruction on Deck 6 on either port or starboard. You can slide the photo to see the rear, middle, and front of the ship. Thanks to Andreas Depping.

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=0

What a fabulous photo. Thanks for posting:)

• 8 months later...

We had 6182 on Equinox. Completely blocked by tender that rose to top of balcony center, with wires beyond that. We could not sit and see anything but red. Would not book it again.

We had 6182 on Equinox. Completely blocked by tender that rose to top of balcony center, with wires beyond that. We could not sit and see anything but red. Would not book it again.

Thanks for the info. That's what I figured but it was only a $150 upgrade from an inside cabin for this cat. of balcony cabin. I figured it's much better than the inside and at least I can see what the sky looks like every morning. Not looking, or expecting, a great balcony - just an outdoor space. ;)

We have 6203 and 6205 (4D cabins) on reflection this thanksgiving. I called celebrity to find out about changing to a non obstructed cabin and they told me it would be $155 a person to move to a different cabin. I don't think its worth it for $620 for the 4 of us. They told me that both cabins are 50% obstructed. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures from the balconies of either cabin. Please respond if they are available. Thanks

Howard

• 2 months later...
This is 6210 on Solstice. It has the extra large balcony, and I would guess that it is one of the less obstructed 2D's, since you only have part of the tender and the post in the way.

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

Is it safe to say 6209 on the other side would look the same??

I think it all depends on the savings if it would be tolerable in one of the obstructed view cabins. We were originally booked in a C2 balcony on deck 12 for our upcoming Transatlantic and then a $999 balcony guarantee popped up. I knew we would end up looking at a lifeboat, but I figured with the drink package and a savings of $900 - I could deal! We ended up getting 2C veranda #6301 and while it does not look at a lifeboat - there is an overhang of about 15"... which is not terrible. One plus to this cabin is that it has an over-sized balcony. So all in all - I am pleased with the decision!

Oh - and I will add - the guarantee balcony was assigned within 24 hours of the change!

Is it safe to say 6209 on the other side would look the same??

#6209 would be the mirror image of that one...basically identical.

Funny thing is that we actually booked #6209 for our Eclipse cruise last summer...But, due to price drops and fluctuations, we were able to eventually trade it out, at no additional cost, for #2111--a hump concierge class balcony on Deck 12...

This summer, we booked a balcony guarantee originally and were assigned a 2C--which, though with lifeboats rather than the larger tenders out front, would still have had TWO of those stanchions visible from the balcony--like on that #6190 photo!...Again, the prices dropped...and, a phone call or two later, we've been moved to #2106...another oversized deck 12 hump concierge class balcony...

BUT, if I ever had to actually cruise in #6210 or #6209, I think I would have no problem enjoying my cruise--especially with the oversized balcony-which sort of makes up for losing a portion of the view...

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know about 6183 on the Equinox? I've had a look at the deckplan based on the info in this thread and it seems to me that we will have a lifeboat directly in front of us - not that I won't have a brilliant time anyway!

Lesley

Have booked cabin 6183 for upcoming cruise and am a little apprehensive reading thread. Would love to hear what you thought of cabin and view.

• 3 years later...

We are currently booked in room 6200 on the Solstice and was wondering if we should change the room? We do NOT want to be completely blocked by a life boat. Room 6208 was also available when we booked and it is a bump out room - would this be better?

There is are two videos of 6204 on You Tube. One of the cabin and the second the balcony. Our first cruise on an S Class ship was 35 days in 6206 on the Solstice. To be honest the lifeboat was really a non event and we didn't notice it. What it did do was give us some privacy so we could hang our laundry out on the balcony. We will be in 6210 on the Eclipse in October

We are currently booked in room 6200 on the Solstice and was wondering if we should change the room? We do NOT want to be completely blocked by a life boat. Room 6208 was also available when we booked and it is a bump out room - would this be better?

6208 would be slightly better as it would have a little bigger balcony but the lifeboat will come up to your railing so you wouldn't be able to see straight down. I think you would be fine in 6200, as I think you would be between the two lifeboats but still have the davits and the front end of one lifeboat and the back end of the other in your line of vision. We've been in 6210 before and the lifeboat was a non-issue for us, but the bigger balcony was fantastic for when we had friends come over for a drink on the balcony. So, bigger balcony vs slightly less obstructed view ... your choice in which is more important to you. For me, I really love the cabins on deck 6 ...glad they are the cheapest.

There are a couple of U-tubes you can see for 6200 as well as 6206 (nothing for 6208 but it will give you a good idea) at this site. https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Equinox

Just of note, if you are a captain's club member, you can usually get a one cat upgrade for no charge (certain restrictions apply). We always get a 2C and pay for a 2D when we sail on the S-class ships.

• 9 months later...

We ended up with a 2D after switching from an OV to a veranda GTY on our British Isles cruise- it was a great deal that included all 4 perks for very little above our OV cost, but I was disappointed in the assignment. We were able to switch to 6202 from 6188 due to preferring the bed by bath. For the most part we were able to see between lifeboat stanchions; however, our view was compromised significantly trying to view the bagpipers saluting the Silhouette as she sailed from Inverness.

That being said, if there was a deal to be had by booking a veranda GTY, I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Congrats, A Sixth!

My mom & I did a cruise on Silhouette in 6206 and the balcony looked just like the photo on Equinox. We were trying to save money and took the 2-D just so Mom could experience a balcony. She was not impressed.