Celebrity Millenium 6081 4 women 1 cabin

Rustys Mom

I put together a cruise for my high school reunion since we are all turning 60 this year. It looks like only 4 of us at this point for a 7 night Alaskan Cruise. One of the gals and I booked our room a year ago. It is cabin 6081. Would you put 4 woman in this one room? I hate to discourage someone who is on a budget, but I am afraid I will be sick with headaches the whole time. Anyone put 4 adults in one room?

I put together a cruise for my high school reunion since we are all turning 60 this year. It looks like only 4 of us at this point for a 7 night Alaskan Cruise. One of the gals and I booked our room a year ago. It is cabin 6081. Would you put 4 woman in this one room? I hate to discourage someone who is on a budget, but I am afraid I will be sick with headaches the whole time. Anyone put 4 adults in one room?

I would absolutely positively in NO uncertain terms, do this!!!! These cabins are small!!! And look at your costs, I know Celebrity's 3rd and 4th rates are pretty good, but do the math...you might pay 300-500 more on the 3rd and 4th person but overall, if you all were dividing by 4, it might not be that much more per person to have two cabins with 2 people each. As I said, do the math - you might be surprised. You will pay tax and gratuities on each person regardless of how many to a cabin...so in the end, it really may not be that much more.

AND - the cabin you referenced has two single beds and a fold out sofa!!!! That's two adult women sharing a crummy fold out mattress in a double size! Trust me, you will all be miserable. I wouldn't do this to save my life!

Good luck convincing your friends, but I would absolutely look at getting two connecting cabins for four adults...my two cents.

I would definitely not try to do a 7-night cruise with four adults in such cramped quarters.

Have you priced some alternatives? Total costs might be similar with one balcony cabin and one interior cabin. Even 2 interior cabins would be preferable. The Millie has lots of open decks and areas to congregate to enjoy the views. Four adults would likely not be able to comfortably use one cabin's balcony at the same time...

But if the $$ don't work with any alternative, then ONLY go if you're sure that all parties have the ability to handle frustration and annoyances with patience, grace and humor!

techsearch is right, the cost of a 3rd and 4th in a standard SR is not that more than getting two SRs for the four of you. And the other posts are right on about the impossibliity of 4 adults in one SR.

We took our teen daughter with us on a cruise and shared, and won't do that again. She slept on the couch and slept in a good deal which meant minimal access to the balcony trying to get around it.

I'm afraid this will be a good way of 4 friends quit being friends. There is No Way you can enjoy this experience.....and usually I don't tell people how they will feel about something, but this is a planned disaster.

Den

It is possible to use the shower facilities in the spa to spread things out, but even knowing that I strong agree with all the posters who recommend two cabins. I looked at an arbitrary Alaska cruise [7 night Celebrity Century 20 May 2012] and 3rd/4th were being charge $260pp less than 1st/2nd. If you take the amount it would cost to get the second cabin [2*$260 = $520] and divided it evenly over four people that is $18.57 per day per person, or about two drinks [or less]. I think that it would take more than two drinks per person per day to make four in a room work:p

That said, I have greatly enjoyed my two Alaskan cruises, so do whatever you have to do to accomplish it.

Thom

Sorry, but if you are friends going in I'll bet you will be less friendly at the end. Too much pressure and close space. Get ajoining cabins and enjoy a little space. Those cabins would make a dorm room look at a palace. With just two of us, DH and I have to establish a rythym to make it work and he's a bathroom hog! ;)

There are a few OV cabins like 7002 & 7003 that are about 250sf that would probably be better suited for 4 adults but you would lose the balcony. They are also at the front of the ship so you will feel more motion. If you do go ahead with a balcony, I would at least try and switch to one with an oversized balcony like 6053 if there are any left.

IMHO.....no, No and NO!

But here's a little questionairre that may assist in your decision making...

1. Would you share your bedroom and ensuite at home with the same 3 ladies for a week, remembering that you can not use any other room in the house for any reason at any time? Still prepared to share?

2. In your mind, now reduce the size of your bedroom by half and the ensuite by 2/3. Still prepared to share?

3. Now try compressing all of the clothes in your wardrobe into no more than 2ft of hanging space. Still prepared to share?

4. Now compress it into 1ft...and your getting close to the amount of space you will have onboard. Still prepared to share?

5. Now picture Shirlie in the shower, and Beryl at the basin (it's only 15 minutes before dinner) and you with crossed legs at the door waiting for...well, you know what!

If you are still prepared to share after completing this process go right ahead...you'll have a ball and love every minute getting to know each other so intimately :D

P.S. This post was written without malice or judgement and is intended for entertainment purposes only. No elderly ladies were harmed in the creation of this questionairre. Can't say the same though if 4 ladies actually did share a cabin :eek: No liability or responsibility is taken for any readers who successfully complete the questionairre, decide to cruise together, and end up having the cruise from hell ;)

Thanks for reassuring me so I don't feel like the bad guy. I have cruised before with my husband and it was ok with two of us but we did not have as much stuff as 4 women. My travel agent had left me a message if it was ok to put the other two in our cabin. I will suggest they get a 2nd cabin. We want to all have a good time and not spend the whole week exhausted. I have never had a cabin with a balcony and want to keep the cabin the two of us have. Thanks for having a sense of humor, I enjoyed all of the comments.

Just asking the question leads to NO.

However, those ladies not concerned about a cabin for four but most concerned about expenses, MIGHT be able to enjoy the cruise. Just book with a public restroom nearby and think about using the showers in the locker room by the spa as a final measure toward "getting along".

The biggest problem will be IF anyone of you must use a bunk because they require the steps up, lack of space for personal items like glasses, and they are usually close to the ceiling (meaning no sitting up).

There needs to be some acceptance of the limited laundry lines in the bathroom on M-Class and the lack of a laundry line on S-Class. Clothes may be worn a bit past prime, or need to be sent to the ship laundry at additional cost.

I've shared small rooms with three others in NYC hotels and with my children aboard ship but it requires all participants to adhere to a more compaction of the space and respect for all in the cabin. Flashlights are essential and an agreed upon lights out time.

If you do four in a cabin, be prepared.

Maris

Two of my cousins plan a girls vacation every fall. They decided on a cruise last October and they had four in a cabin. They said that by day two, they were barely speaking to one another. This was the case for all 12 of them. Three cabins for 12 women, four to a cabin, was a nightmare and they said never again. This was a first time cruise for 8 of them, and they are all turned off cruising because of that experience.

Four adult women, one bathroom, sharing a tiny space? No way. Please, get two cabins.

You booked well ahead of time for 2. If 2 more want to join you, I don't see any obligation on your part to offer to share your cabin. If they are on a budget, there's the option suggested by other posters of an inside cabin, or else they might have to pass on this cruise.

BTW- happy birthdays!

:o;)It might..... how can I put it..... help a few of you to meet new people (if you know what I mean);)

Are any of your gang single? How many single's are on your cruise? :D How many have a cabin to themselves?

There'll be a lot of motivation to get out there and meet new people eh. :D

Archived