Famous People Sailing on Royal Caribbean

travelplus

On an RCCL cruise in the mid 90's, my mother and I met Mary Wilson from the Supremes, who was performing that week. We ran into her on an elevator and had a really nice talk with her. Well, when it was time for her to perform, my mom and I sat in the front row. She remembered me, and pulled me up on stage with her. :)

On Explorer in 2010 we rode on the elevator with Marty Allen and his wife. They had performed and were leaving the ship in St Thomas. They had eaten lunch and were heading to debark to head back to Las Vegas. We had a nice short conversation.

Edited by BND

We had Vicki Gunvelson and her kids from Real Housewives of Orange County on our Grandeur cruise in Oct. 10.... I know she's not really a celebrity, but she was very nice and normal, and noting like the crazy woman on the show...

A friend was on that cruise and had his photo taken with her in the Windjammer.:)

Just off the Oasis on Saturday, Feb 25, 2012 - Our first night we ate at Chops and while we were waiting for coffee, Paula Abdul walked in and sat at the table next to us. Her security guard did not take his eye off her table (she was with 3 other people). We saw her again going into the ice show.

She was out and about quite a bit. She was always with the 2 security guards, her BF and I believe the other young lady was her administrative assistant. Saw her at Cafe Promenade around 1:00 AM one night, at Hairspray, Giovanni's, Cafe Central and Chops. She was very accessible to the kids taking pictures and signing autographs. It was great to watch the kids reactions to her.

My girlfriend .....

While she didnt win an Oscar tonight she was in the Oscar nominated movie Moneyball.

We were in a couple scenes as extras. She is the only one Ive ever seen on a cruise ship that has been in a movie before.

We cruise 3-4 times a year and she allows me to be her bodygaurd:D

My girlfriend .....

While she didnt win an Oscar tonight she was in the Oscar nominated movie Moneyball.

We were in a couple scenes as extras. She is the only one Ive ever seen on a cruise ship that has been in a movie before.

We cruise 3-4 times a year and she allows me to be her bodygaurd:D

How funny! We were "background" in Angels in the Outfield...also filmed at the Oakland Coliseum. ;):D

OHHH - silly me! I completely have been on a cruise with someone "famous."

My sister and I met Nathan McLeod on the Carnival Dream Christmas 2010 sailing, who now stars as the oldest brother on the YTV show, Life with Boys (http://www.ytv.com/shows/116/life-with-boys/). He was actually in the process of auditioning for the role when we were on the cruise. My sister is the one who met him one night - he invited her to play cards with his family. Later, he told her that he was auditioning for this TV show (at the time, it was him against another boy).

168755_1576360206705_1166584879_31286050_5910558_n.jpg

My sister with Nathan after Carnival's Legends show - he played Ricky Martin. The funny thing is, he and his family are Canadian and had no idea who Ricky Martin was, so we had to help him out. He did an absolutely wonderful job, though - definitely stole the show!

He and his family were super sweet - they invited us to play their holiday version of "Minute to Win It" with them, and we brought in the New Year together.

163404_1816433369762_1207927119_32207926_2046141_n.jpg

Edited by LittleMissMagic

For some reason, every time I have cruised, "Elvis" :eek: has been on the ship. I just can't believe that people feel the need to dress and act like him any more.

On the January 28 Oasis sailing some group had booked some kind of Elvis thing and there was a guy dressed as Elvis in the boarding area and then I saw him around the ship several times, including at the 70's Disco Party. This guy handed out some pamphlet for some shows this group was having in various lounges on the ship that you could pay for and attend. I was worried I had somehow booked myself onto some crazy Elvis themed cruise I did not know about, but fortunately other than a few "Elvis sightings" around the ship I guess this group confined themselves to their shows. Their pamphlet was titled "Cruising with the King" and handed out to us around noon while we were waiting to board the ship!

Edited by fred20155

On the January 28 Oasis sailing some group had booked some kind of Elvis thing and there was a guy dressed as Elvis in the boarding area and then I saw him around the ship several times, including at the 70's Disco Party. This guy handed out some pamphlet for some shows this group was having in various lounges on the ship that you could pay for and attend. I was worried I had somehow booked myself onto some crazy Elvis themed cruise I did not know about, but fortunately other than a few "Elvis sightings" around the ship I guess this group confined themselves to their shows. Their pamphlet was titled "Cruising with the King" and handed out to us around noon while we were waiting to board the ship!

We ran into the same thing on our 1/30 sailing on the Liberty. There were several Elvis impersonators and shows in various lounges you could pay to get in to. We also saw lots of people's doors decorated with Elvis info.

I was on the Inagural of Majesty of the Seas in April 1992. Our honeymoon. Ben Vereen was one of the shows. He was very nice when we saw him out and about. He is very talented, sing, dance and funny. That cruise was during the "Rodney King Riots" in LA. I remember Vereen asking the audience if anyone in the theater was from LA. Of course some people responded by clapping and yelling.....he said " I flew in from LA yesterday. Thanks for the TV, I got me a nice one"

I also saw Bowzer from the former Sha Na NA tv show. He had a great show then the following morning he had an autograph signing in one of the bars. He brought a pile of 8X10 photos of himself and signed them and posed for pics with us. He was a great sport.

We actually had drinks with Bowzer in one of the bars on the Radiance in 2006. He was sitting there all by himself, so my husband and I and two other couples bought him some drinks and sat and chatted with him.