This Week's Recap by Princess...

Cruise Junky

• So we have Caribbean Princess breaking down and cancelling two cruises
  • Monaco and Rhodes taken off all Crown Sailings and being replaced with a Sea Day
  • FCCs in some cases being worth a fraction of what they used to be
  • People returning from Shore Excursions to find their deck furniture has been been replaced by toddler tables
  • Sanctuary now only bookable by the day, not the cruise.

Have I missed anything? Can't wait for next week :rolleyes::eek:

• Monaco and Rhodes taken off all Crown Sailings and being replaced with a Sea Day
  • People returning from Shore Excursions to find their deck furniture has been been replaced by toddler tables

Have I missed anything? Can't wait for next week :rolleyes::eek:[/quote

Don't forget removing the mat on balconies so I can burn my feet or slip & fall:rolleyes: Anything else to make your passangers uncomfortable or mad Princess?????

Have I missed anything? Can't wait for next week :rolleyes::eek:[/quote

Don't forget removing the mat on balconies so I can burn my feet or slip & fall:rolleyes: Anything else to make your passangers uncomfortable or mad Princess?????

Only two (some say uncomfortable) chairs on Caribe deck balconies where there used to be four.

Reading all of this is not a good way to start my day. :(

Have they changed the onboard credit amounts for the FCCs? I bought some when I was onboard in late February, and if they changed, I did not notice. Please clarify. Thanks!

Ellie

PS I just read the other thread on the FCC changes, so never mind clarifying. I get the whole bad picture!

Have they changed the onboard credit amounts for the FCCs? I bought some when I was onboard in late February, and if they changed, I did not notice. Please clarify. Thanks!

Ellie

PS I just read the other thread on the FCC changes, so never mind clarifying. I get the whole bad picture!

They changed them this month. The ones from February are unchanged. There are several threads explaining the changes

You forgot the experiment on the Emerald concerning the entertainment schedule being shortened to 30 minute shows and earlier to boot.

On the positive, we are booked on the Royal, so I think that is a good thing:(:o

We were on the 10 day 3/7-3/17 Emerald Princess and were VERY disapointed in the entertainment.We didn't go to the any ot the production shows as we have seen them before,but the shorten shows on the guest entertainers while good were just too short.We have always prefered Princess because there were at least 3 or 4 things to do each night,A Show,MUTS,Game Show,Princess Idol,Theme Party ( Dance).While we enjoy seeing a band while between shows ect.this cruise they had bands playing in 4 or 5 venues nightly.We can do this at home,it's nothing special.There were dance lessons in Explorers twice ( instead of the normal day time ) and Karaoke(?) nightly as part of the nightly entertainment.With 98 children onboard they played The Muffet Movie at night instead of an adult movie.We were in bed 3 times this cruise by 10 P.M. because we were bored.

Hi All

OK lets put positive spin on all of this,

Caribbean Princess, cruise ship with history of engine problems gets fixed not just patched up,

Monaco dropped no need to hide my credit card, wife can not go shopping ashore.

FCC never worth much to us so no loss.

Furniture changes only book insides so not an issue for us

Sanctuary only ever booked an odd day so again no loss for us,

So over all changes do not affect us, but might affect others.

yours Shogun

You forgot the experiment on the Emerald concerning the entertainment schedule being shortened to 30 minute shows and earlier to boot.

On the positive, we are booked on the Royal, so I think that is a good thing:(:o

As are we.....:):):)

Bob

.With 98 children onboard they played The Muffet Movie at night instead of an adult movie.

Our first cruise managed to fall during the Easter "spring break" despite being the third week of April. I think they said we had close to 800 kids on the Crown that week. I'm thinking it was the parents on that cruise who influenced G/PG movies for the feature presentation at MUTS. They were complaining loudly over the violence in our movies that week. :(

Hi All

Caribbean Princess, cruise ship with history of engine problems gets fixed not just patched up,

yours Shogun

Touché! :D

As are we.....:)

Bob

We're very happy to be booked on the Royal Princess! :D

Unfortunately that was another thing that Princess did poorly...they didn't release deck plans or pricing until they went on sale. :(

But I'd still gladly sail tomorrow if that was possible. ;)

Hi All

yours Shogun

So nice to always see your positive spin on things.

It's not fun to try to run a huge business these days and make everyone happy.

Anyone have any suggestions of ways for them to cut costs so they won't go under? Maybe we all are giving away too many suggestions or hints to save money on their cruises.

Would you rather see higher prices? I'm surprised they haven't added that fuel charge. Look how much extra you have to pay for fuel every week - just think how much that must cost them per cruise.

I'm not pleased with all their decisions either but there isn't much we can do.

Staggered boarding sending fear into the hearts of those who need to hurry up and book the Chef's Table/Ultimate Ship's Tour; and how could you forget the disappearing egg crates :eek::p

Having 12 pre-March FCC's is a good thing.. :D:D

It is only a small percentage of the passengers who will lose on the new FCC rules. Those booking an Obstructed View or Ocean view cabin and those booking 10 or 16 day cruises. Every other booking is not affected.

Just curious for those that are really unhappy with the changes - are you considering booking another cruise line and if so, who and why that particular line?

As the OP, I can say no, I would stay loyal to Princess, they're a good fit for us, but we do seem to be opting for more land trips than cruises. We cancelled Sapphire Wine cruise and booked Hawaii instead and we cancelled Ocean Princess Med. Cruise for our France Land Trip in September, we were looking for a cruise for my DH's 60th next year and ended up with a Condo in Kauai. So some of the gleam has definitely been reduced, but I don't think we'd switch lines. I was looking at Celebrity's Solstice Class for a while but booked Royal Princess instead and can't wait to cruise her.

On another positive spin-I sailed on the Emerald last summer for the 11 day Baltic cruise. (Which was fantastic) This summer I am booked on the Crown Princess for the 12 day Greek Isles cruise. This summer's cruise is costing me $500 less per person than last year. I'm also booked on the Caribbean Princess for April 8 which I hope will depart!

As the little bird chirps" cheap cheap cheap".

Being Elite; we tend to stick with Princess. How-ever, I will be checking more deligently the other cruiselines. After all, it's always been about me. Better prices & bennies, I'll flip on a dime.

Archived