On Board the Voyager Sanctuaries in the Sand/Aegean Holiday; March 30-April 23rd

WesW

Just a safety tip. Do all of you recognize that Cruise Critic is open to anyone who signs up???? Many of you have posted enough personal information to make you target for kidnap or other nearly as ugly situations. Anyone can can deduce that since you are cruising on a luxury line you are most likely very well off. A search of the Regent web site can give anyone your itinerary. Armed with this info and possibly your specific plans in a port plus a picture, would make finding you not all that difficult. Is it really worth the risk? I would suggest great caution.

P.S. Please do give us all port feedback after the fact. I'm one of the good guys and in an abundance of caution would just hope you would give this a thought---safe journeys!

So is face book. What's the point. IMO only bad guys would come up with such a ridiculous idea. Way to much spare time.

So is face book. What's the point. IMO only bad guys would come up with such a ridiculous idea. Way to much spare time.

Actually, it is CruiseCritic's idea to keep personal information private. IMO, this is not such a rediculous idea.

Actually, it is CruiseCritic's idea to keep personal information private. IMO, this is not such a rediculous idea.

I don't understand your post. My regard to a ridiculous idea was something one of the bad guys may come up with, referenced by Jayhawk. Nothing to do with CC. I believe you may put what you like in your profile as much is allowed by CC. For any one to read.

Hi Sheltieluv, Patti2, Denise, Maria; thanks again for you compliments and am very glad you are enjoying the pix. Dusababy/Mary ann..very well said.

Pls enjoy more pix taken today in Luxor Egypt. Patti, believe the shades are pulled down at night so the lights from the Obsvn Lounge do not reflect

back up on the bridge and impede their vision.

After a long, long day in Luxor with Eman Bahaa (Egyptologist) as our tour guide--the absolute best tour guide we have had ever on any cruise want to post some pix for you to enjoy, commentary later:

Taken at Luxor temple:

luxoregypt016.jpg

Picture of Lovely Ida at Luxor Temple:

luxoregypt014.jpg

The fertility god:

luxoregypt012.jpg

luxoregypt010.jpg

Our exceptional tour guide explaining this tomb:

luxoregypt008.jpg

Taken at the Colossi of Memnon:

luxoregypt006.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossi_of_Memnon

More pix taken at Luxor, Egypt today:

luxoregypt004.jpg

Ida and I at the Hatshepsut temple

luxoregypt002.jpg

Picture taken in front of Hatshepst temples:

luxoregypt001.jpg

For general info on Hatshepsut temple:

http://www.google.com/search?q=hatshepsut+temple&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=iaSAT4CLC4nlggestcDnBw&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=648

I know I need to let this go, but have read on other threads that this is standard procedure for safety where you are sailing and NOT for impeding the view of the bridge. The bridge sees everything and the idea is to not make the ship a visual target. Col. Wes. perhaps you could ask an officer and clear this issue up?

Reminds me of our visit to this area many years ago. Of course, nothing has changed. We were on the same cruise as a previous poster. The shades were down for security reasons. After a few days in Egypt (with a great guide), you are able to recognize the hieroglyphics and understand who spent time in the area.

Looking forward to Petra. We were there very recently and have a ton of photos. It's difficult not to take pictures of the sites -- even though photos cannot do it justice. I may have to post a photo of a camel. My DH gave him/her his water bottle. The camel was obviously familiar with drinking out of a bottle. The picture is priceless. Wish I could take credit for it. . . . . another Regent passenger took the picture and shared it with us.

After that, Cairo will be interesting. We visited there in 1989 and enjoyed it very much (in spite of the heat -- we were there at the wrong time of the year).

I know I need to let this go, but have read on other threads that this is standard procedure for safety where you are sailing and NOT for impeding the view of the bridge. The bridge sees everything and the idea is to not make the ship a visual target. Col. Wes. perhaps you could ask an officer and clear this issue up?

In the area where the Voyager is sailing, it is definitely a safety requirement. Safety procedures that passengers needed to know for sailing in this part of the world was given to all guests on board the Voyager in December (almost an identical itinerary in the Middle East). There were other "special" procedures that we were told about. However, a public posting board is probably not the right place to give much detail about Regent's safety procedure:confused:

Rachel, TurtleMichael, Tom & Barbara; thanks for your very kind words.

A visual feast today in Petra Jordan, some pix:

Some of the lucky (kudos Regent for making this happen for your well deserving crew) Voyager crew enjoying an excursion in front of the Treasury at Petra:

petrajordan013.jpg

Petra's Treasury:

petrajordan010.jpg

Leo (super waiter in Compass Rose/La Veranda) Ida, and Lei (La Veranda superstar)

petrajordan005.jpg

Iconic pathway to Petra's Treasury:

petrajordan004.jpg

Amphitheatre:

petrajordan017.jpg

Hi Wes!

Your pix are marvelous! Thanks so much for taking the time to post them. You and Ida are having such a fantastic time! I know how much you've been looking forward to this cruise and I'm happy to hear and see it's beyond exceeding your expectations. Best from us to you both!

Wonderful photos, Wes. Thanks so much for posting them. Shel and I are enjoying them and are there with you and Ida in spirit. We loved seeing the crew as well.

Ann

Ann, I assume that you have incredible photos of Petra, etc. as well. Why aren't you sharing them?

Wes , thanks so much for the wonderful photos! Told my Duke alum son tonight about the one of Leo with the Duke t shirt in Petra - pretty exotic setting to me! Continue to enjoy!

Perhaps because this thread is headed "On Board the Voyager.....March 30-April 12." ?

:D:D

After two very exciting and tiring days (Luxor and Petra) we decided to stay on the ship today preparing for another long day in Caïro.

Jordan is so much different from Egypt. Friendly and smiling people make you feel welcome to their country. We decided that we have to visit Jordan again. There is so much more to see.

We feel very fortunate to be on this wonderfull itinerary.

We can not fault Regent for service on this trip but there is one annoying issue. They still have not sorted out the check-in for the tours. Every morning there is a line from the theatre to the reception.

Last year on the Mariner they did a better job. Check-in was a breeze.

On the other hand, with these whole day tours it must be difficult planning. Almost 20 buses to Luxor and Petra departing at the same time.....

Now it's time for lunch at the pool grill. :):)

Denise, Rachel, Ann, GF, Maria, Tom; thanks again for your gracious/kind words--very glad you are enjoying our photos--we are enjoying sharing this fabulous adventure.

Another wonderful day on the Voyager here in the middle east. Today we are in Sharm El Sheikh Egypt. A relaxing day we did the excursion--snorkeling in the Red Sea--Ida especially enjoyed it as she just learned how to swim weeks ago.

Han, glad to hear Karin and you are enjoying a relaxing day on board--we plan to enjoy the afternoon on board before or 13+ hr excursion to the Pyramids tomorrow.

Archived