On Board the Voyager Sanctuaries in the Sand/Aegean Holiday; March 30-April 23rd

WesW

Ann, I assume that you have incredible photos of Petra, etc. as well. Why aren't you sharing them?

With all due respect, TC, perhaps it's because this is Wes's thread, not hers. I would feel uncomfortable posting my own pictures on someone else's thread, one of this type, unless specifically asked.

With all due respect, TC, perhaps it's because this is Wes's thread, not hers. I would feel uncomfortable posting my own pictures on someone else's thread, one of this type, unless specifically asked.

I am a bit surpriised that you feel that anyone can "own" a thread?. :eek:

cruiseluv: Thanks for a very typical post. Consistency seems important to you.

HanL: So glad that you were able to find time to post. It is definitely a tiring itinerary. We could not agree with you more about Jordan. It is truly a lovely country.

It is a little surprising to hear that excursions are not going as smoothly as they were last December. We had pretty much the same tours and the ship was about 80% full. Asst. Cruise Director Chris did a lot to make things run smoothly -- even though it is clearly not his job. Also, tours were not scheduled to leave at the same time and even visited sites at different times. The only problem we had with the excursions was having lunch at 2:00 p.m. (rather late when you leave early in the morning). I hope you fill out the mid-cruise form that asks how things are going. It would be helpful to everyone if you shared your feelings about the excursion.

Wes, enjoying your posts and pictures so very much. The pics are breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!

And, Ida, congratulations on learning how to swim. Well done! Snorkeling opens up a whole new world, doesn't it?! Enjoy!:)

I am a bit surpriised that you feel that anyone can "own" a thread?. :eek:

It's not a matter of owning the thread, Jackie. It's just that they started the thread about a specific journey, and others on that trip have contributed their experiences. I know lots of people chime and say, "when I was there, I did this, that and the other thing", so perhaps posting pictures isn't that different, but I think it's a bit over the line. That's just me.

Wes and Ida...thanks so much for your posts and incredible pictures. I'm still catching up from my recent Symphony crossing and wish you all had been there but your current voyage is really incredible. I too have been to Petra and it's amazing. I was able to spend a bit of time with Mike and Mary on the cross and also met Kathy and John...all great folks.

Best,

Nancy

We also loved seeing the Duke tshirt in Petra on Leo and wonder if there is a story behind it. Remember to keep your head down in the Pryamids. I think it is tight walking in there. At least it was on our visit. TC, there really isn't a need for our photos from Petra as the current ones do a great job.

Wendy, Paula, Maria, Pookie2, Elsie, Sheltieluv, Nick & Maria, Kathy, Nancy (glad u enjoyed the Crystal first all inclusive cross), Poss, Ann & Shel; thanks so much for your kind words you're very welcome--we sincerely enjoy giving back to CC/Regent board.

Tonight is early to bed as we leave on for Cairo at 7:15 am and the Pyramids. We had a another wonderful/delicious dinner in Compass Rose with Ralph De Klijn (Gen Mgr) pix below:

001-6.jpg

Did everyone stay on the ship today instead of going into port? We did not make a stop in Sharm El Sheikh but it appears to be a lovely port and I'm sure the fans of this thread would enjoy hearing about it. Was just reading about it on CruiseCritic's sister board -- TripAdvisor http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g297555-Sharm_El_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html .

In terms of the various opinions on this thread, we are fortunate that CruiseCruise welcomes differing opinions and we can state them openly and can decide for which we agree with (or not).

Wes, you're doing a marvelous job posting and sharing these wonderful photos! Have a fantastic time tomorrow. I look forward to hearing and seeing what you and Ida are experiencing, first-hand. Thanks for beginning and continuing on with this thread, taking us along, vicariously.

Fortunately, your exuberence and wonderful posts/photos can't be detracted by those who try to distract the intent and purpose of the thread you started.

It is a very special treat for those of us who are cruising enthusiasts when folks take time from their long anticipated vacation to share with us "live" on this message board. We love to read those posts. While nobody "owns" a thread, I believe the integrity of the thread should be respected. That encourages more of us to make the time to do so when we cruise.

Wes, thank you for posting your "Live from." The photos and descriptions of your cruise have been so interesting. Many of the places you and Ida are visiting are on our bucket list. I hope your voyage continues to be as wonderful as the days you've already spent.

Thank you, Wes, for taking the time from your vacation to share your photos and thoughts with all of us. I absolutely enjoy every photo, every tidbit that is posted. In the interest of full disclosure, I am mainly a lurker. (and I dislike that word, but it describes me nonetheless). I gain so much knowledge and joy from reading about others' travels that it would never occur to me to critique their posts. I sincerely hope our paths cross on a future cruise. :)

Well, from my viewpoint, a picture is worth 1000 words. I love seeing photographs from peoples travels when they are well done; It's great to be able to vicariously see sites and happy people having a great time; I would much rather see that then hear from a passenger who was granted a huge free upgrade to post nothing but positive stuff and be disrespectful of other posters.

Well, well well ... I have not posted since I came home last week because I have not been feeling too well (sinusitis, so antibiotics etc) and today I had some quiet time and decided to catch up on Wes and Ida's doings and seeings in the Middle East.

First Wes - I love the photos! Both the ones of people as it is so nice to see what they look like, Madras jackets and all (!!) and the beautiful places you are visiting. I admire your skill with the camera and also in getting the photos onto the site. I haven't a clue as to how to go abotu doing that!! And I have longed for ages to see Petra so thanks for "taking me there" today!

But secondly - everyone - let's stop all these snippy comments (I was going to say catty but realised that that might be construed as inappropriate under the circumstances!). Can't be just enjoy, vicariously, what is a terrific cruise seen through the eyes of some really nice people. Or is it the old green eye of jealousy that makes one want to always insert other experiences. If anyone remembers Flanders and Swan from the 50's and '60s - they had a great song "Sounding Brass" which seems to fit rather well in this case. (Tom will most likely know it!)

Anyway Wes and the others - keep those posts coming! They are cheering me up and making me forget the sinus woes and the "post cruise depression"!!

Gerry

Well, well well ... I have not posted since I came home last week because I have not been feeling too well (sinusitis, so antibiotics etc) and today I had some quiet time and decided to catch up on Wes and Ida's doings and seeings in the Middle East.

So good to hear from you again, you sounded quite down after the TA and you sound like your old self again now. We have missed your commonsense interjections and are inclined to run a bit wild without you! Build up your strength, play some golf and I hope you had plenty of Easter Eggs. Back to Voyager and the Middle East.

Hi Harrodsfan, Denise, IslandCruiser, Ann (hi to Al), borntocruz, Maria, Aloha1, Eric, Kathy, Tom & Barbara, and Gerry (hi to Ken); first thanks again for

your kind words, second, glad you're enjoying the photos, we're enjoying taking and sharing, finally thanks for warm words of thread support.

Before we share some more pix, wanted to comment out of a dozen or so cruises this voyage is the smoothest we have sailed on..no need for meclizine--only

took it at Sharm El Sheikh for the snorkeling excursion.

The last pic I took yesterday is first as it shows the above & beyond service we're getting daily on this voyage by the Voyager team--we were greeted by most of

the Voyager team clapping their hands welcoming us home with chilled champagne, juice and cold refreshing hand towels.

Pyramids025.jpg

Now for some pictures taking at the "pinch me" were at the Pyramids:

Pyramids019.jpg

Pyramids015.jpg

Pyramids022.jpg

Step Pyramid of Zoser built 5000 years ago, and then Ida at the step pyramid:

Pyramids003.jpg

Pyramids004.jpg

Archived