The Future of Northeast and Bahama cruises Via Richard Fain

We had the pleasure of speaking with Mario (most of you know/have heard of Mario) onboard a last minute cruise last week.

He says according to Richard Fain, with Bayonnes future in question, the tentative plan is to replace the Enchantment in Baltimore with a Radiance class ship year round doing long Caribbean cruise/short Bermuda cruises and the revitalized Splendour of the Seas relocating to Baltomore to sail 6/8 night Bermuda/Canada cruises.

The Explorer would relocate to the Austrailian/Asian market with a drawn out series of repositioning sailings.

The Enchantment would then resume Monarchs Bahamas cruises shortly after her departure.

We had the pleasure of speaking with Mario (most of you know/have heard of Mario) onboard a last minute cruise last week.

He says according to Richard Fain, with Bayonnes future in question, the tentative plan is to replace the Enchantment in Baltimore with a Radiance class ship year round doing long Caribbean cruise/short Bermuda cruises and the revitalized Splendour of the Seas relocating to Baltomore to sail 6/8 night Bermuda/Canada cruises.

The Explorer would relocate to the Austrailian/Asian market with a drawn out series of repositioning sailings.

The Enchantment would then resume Monarchs Bahamas cruises shortly after her departure.

While this is probably all conjecture at this point, I would LOVE to see this happen! My only question is if a Radiance class ship would be able to make it under the Key Bridge on the Patapsco river to get to Baltimore. The Splendour could since it's a Vision class ship just like Enchantment.

Better yet....Bring a ship to NORFOLK again! A Radiance class ship could easily get into Norfolk...After all, the aircraft carriers do it.

We'll be on Enchantment in July out of Baltimore. Would love to try another ship out of Baltimore in the future (not that we don't expect to enjoy Enchantment, just that I prefer to sample a variety of ships and lines).

But what ship would sail out of Bayonne?? None?

The rumors are that the port in Bayonne is up for sale. If it sells there may not be a place to sail from. Of course this is all up for speculation and truly just rumors right now.

My only question is if a Radiance class ship would be able to make it under the Key Bridge on the Patapsco river to get to Baltimore.

From other threads and then a check it looks like Radiance Class hight is 176 feet and the Car Spangled Spanner (Francis Scott Key bridge) is 185 feet at mean high water. So if tide and conditions are right it should be OK. Might be pretty exciting to watch from top deck.

Enchantment would be welcome down in PC. We love the Majesty itinerary and I wonder if the Enchantment would be able to inc. Key West in her ports sailing from PC. That is literally the only thing that has detered us from booking a Monarch 4 night is the lack of KW. Sure the sea day would be nice and relaxing but no KW is a deal breaker for us.

However, we'd sale the Enchanment regardless as its a class we have not been on and appears to be a well loved ship my many of you on here!!

This is an exciting rumor. :D

I'll be on my first RCCL cruise this August - taking the Enchantment from Baltimore for an 8-night trip to Bermuda, Boston and Newport. The idea of being able to try other ships out of Baltimore would be great, especially another class of RCCL ships.

I've already told the boy that I want to book the RCCL Canada/New England and Carnival Eastern (or was it Western?) Caribbean - both out of Baltimore.

Fingers crossed!

From a pure speculation standpoint......(assuming this is correct)........when might these changes take place? We want to book the 8 night Bermuda for August 2013.

Seriously? I know Mario is the top cruiser, but I highly doubt that he has some sort of personal line to Richard Fain and that Fain would be telling Mario these things before they were public knowledge.

And as for Bayonne... Royal signed a 35 year lease with them back in 2004 and has invested large amounts of money into renovations of the port facilities there. Unless the new owner (if there are any) break the lease and pay back the investment I don't see Royal leaving there any time soon.

Enchantment would be welcome down in PC. We love the Majesty itinerary and I wonder if the Enchantment would be able to inc. Key West in her ports sailing from PC. That is literally the only thing that has detered us from booking a Monarch 4 night is the lack of KW. Sure the sea day would be nice and relaxing but no KW is a deal breaker for us.

However, we'd sale the Enchanment regardless as its a class we have not been on and appears to be a well loved ship my many of you on here!!

Ahoy KTMay1917...

We feel the same about being able to sail to Key West from Port Canaveral...

Exciting potential news about the Enchantment. We welcome her to Port Canaveral with open arms!....

Yes, the Enchantment is a well loved ship!

BeachLoungerUmbrella.jpg.6817658ebac5a7553c3494796864d7dd.jpg

Seriously? I know Mario is the top cruiser, but I highly doubt that he has some sort of personal line to Richard Fain and that Fain would be telling Mario these things before they were public knowledge.

Although I am not saying this is what happened with the OP's post but sometimes things are purposely leaked to either get a reaction of the heads up of things to come or just testing the waters on a what if we did it kind of thing.

Happens quite often here with certain posters who when they post-pay attention and don't say you weren't warned!!;)

I'm just hoping if Jersey is out then maybe NYC is in!!!:D

The rumors are that the port in Bayonne is up for sale. If it sells there may not be a place to sail from. Of course this is all up for speculation and truly just rumors right now.

Well, what is wrong with New York City?

From other threads and then a check it looks like Radiance Class hight is 176 feet and the Car Spangled Spanner (Francis Scott Key bridge) is 185 feet at mean high water. So if tide and conditions are right it should be OK. Might be pretty exciting to watch from top deck.

I have sailed the Jewel from Tampa and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge was pretty close.

I believe the Sunshine Skyway Bridge is 8 feet higher than the Bay/Key bridges and it would be a tight fit but I think doable. I would also think that if Radiance ship were assigned full time it would be possible to adjust some antennas and other things to get a bit more clearance but it should be possible in either case.

Roy

And as for Bayonne... Royal signed a 35 year lease with them back in 2004 and has invested large amounts of money into renovations of the port facilities there. Unless the new owner (if there are any) break the lease and pay back the investment I don't see Royal leaving there any time soon.

True, Also it's hard to think that Royal would pull a ship from the NY/NJ area that is a constant money maker for them, sailing nearly always full to capacity. Not to mention the long term lease at Cape Liberty.

Ever hear about the port of Manhattan (recently renovated and upgraded) and Red Hook, Brooklyn?

Once upon a time, both RCCL and Celebrity sailed out of Manhattan. They moved to Bayonne when the size of their ships out grew Manhattan and Manhattan was in dire need of upgrading. Carnival and NCCL invested in the Manhattan piers with a 10 year lease.

MARAPRINCE

Archived