Webinar for Elites currently in progress

Pia1913

Just an example of a non-answered question. I asked whether the wine package was now available on all ships and the response was they would look it up. After awhile, I again asked the same question and this time the response was to ask my TA for special group pricing. Huh?

It was so bad and uninformative last year, I didn't bother to sign in. Very few questions are actually answered with real information. Most are generic answers: call your TA or check the website, etc.

Same here! We didn't even bother to sign in this year either. :rolleyes:

Not really learning anything worthwhile, except that they are considering interactive TV in cabins.

How very 1990 of them!

Sorry, but the other cruise lines are leaving Princess in the dust with this one. At least RC ship now has an iPad for each cabin, on which you can check the night's menus and entertainment, and they have monitors throughout the ship with the same information and the wait times at various dining venues.

Princess also has monitors in the Piazza. They advertise flowers and re-state the suggested attire of the evening.

I have never understood the Princess aversion to technology!

How very 1990 of them!

Sorry, but the other cruise lines are leaving Princess in the dust with this one. At least RC ship now has an iPad for each cabin, on which you can check the night's menus and entertainment, and they have monitors throughout the ship with the same information and the wait times at various dining venues.

Princess also has monitors in the Piazza. They advertise flowers and re-state the suggested attire of the evening.

I'm completely with you on this one. Several years ago we were invited by NCL for a one night cruise and we were so impressed with the dining board that showed how many openings each restaurant had available. I haven't done a regular cruise with them in recent years, but eventually I will. My last cruise on RCI, again a number of years ago, was an older ship, so they didn't have the new technology. I'm waiting for them to lower the pricing on the Oasis or Allure so that I can jump on one of them and look it over.

I'm very loyal to Princess, but I do agree they should come into the 21st Century; electronically anyhow.

How very 1990 of them!

NCL has come out with an app for smartphones called "iConcierge" where anyone with a smartphone can check their folio, make restaurant and spa reservations, etc. I can understand Princess' reluctance to implement interactive TVs because of the cost of installing and re-wiring but a phone app makes a heck of a lot of sense to me. It doesn't use WiFi and doesn't require new TVs or re-wiring. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031212

NCL has come out with an app for smartphones called "iConcierge" where anyone with a smartphone can check their folio, make restaurant and spa reservations, etc. I can understand Princess' reluctance to implement interactive TVs because of the cost of installing and re-wiring but a phone app makes a heck of a lot of sense to me. It doesn't use WiFi and doesn't require new TVs or re-wiring. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031212

Thanks Pam for the link

This makes perfect sense. In fact, we speculated that a cruise line would someday do exactly this while we cruised last winter. But as for the re-wIring, etc...Princess came out with a lot of new ships well after other cruise lines were offering interactive TVs. I just don't buy that, at least not on the newer ships. And there are large monitors in the Piazza that could at least be used to list menus and evening entertainment options (not to mention seating availability and wait times) and even those simple lists aren't displayed- just ads for flowers, etc. Other cruise lines have had these things and automated ship maps and photo identification for years; the fact that Princess might offer interactive TV for room service orders, shore excursion purchases and shipboard account balance is so very...ho hum.

This makes perfect sense. In fact, we speculated that a cruise line would someday do exactly this while we cruised last winter. But as for the re-wIring, etc...Princess came out with a lot of new ships well after other cruise lines were offering interactive TVs. I just don't buy that, at least not on the newer ships. And there are large monitors in the Piazza that could at least be used to list menus and evening entertainment options (not to mention seating availability and wait times) and even those simple lists aren't displayed- just ads for flowers, etc. Other cruise lines have had these things and automated ship maps and photo identification for years; the fact that Princess might offer interactive TV for room service orders, shore excursion purchases and shipboard account balance is so very...ho hum.

BTW, the webinar didn't mention it. I specifically asked about it Even though ho hum for some, for Princess cruisers it would be a big deal. :)

After sailing many times with Princess we can see they are falling behind not just with technology, but in many areas of the cruise experiences. They really need to get their act together and Carnival Corp. needs to allocate funds to them to accomplish this. Also, after reading the posts here it further confirms my experience that the Princess home office is very poor with information and service. They are out of touch.

[SIZE=4]I am not sure that interactive TV is an essential service for us but on a recent Celebrity cruise it was rather nice to be able to check your OBA from time to time and to be able to order your "hot" breakfast from room service the night before.:)[/SIZE]

Archived