Lost diamond pendant on the Crown Princess 4/7/2012..

tinatark

We were on the 4/7 Crown Princess sailing. Southern Caribbean - I have to admit, not my favorite itinerary, but still a great cruise!

The first night, as I undressed, I found my chain, unfastened in my bra... and my 2 carat diamond journey pendant missing. My heart dropped. I looked all over our cabin for it, not finding it. My husband told me to try passenger services - I called them and THEY HAD IT! Amazing! I was floored that it had been turned in, and very thankful.

My husband went downstairs to pick it up, we asked if the desk knew who turned it in, but they didn't have any record of where it came from.

It was pretty awesome, I sent a shout out message to whomever turned it in to the wake show.

We were on the 4/7 Crown Princess sailing. Southern Caribbean - I have to admit, not my favorite itinerary, but still a great cruise!

The first night, as I undressed, I found my chain, unfastened in my bra... and my 2 carat diamond journey pendant missing. My heart dropped. I looked all over our cabin for it, not finding it. My husband told me to try passenger services - I called them and THEY HAD IT! Amazing! I was floored that it had been turned in, and very thankful.

My husband went downstairs to pick it up, we asked if the desk knew who turned it in, but they didn't have any record of where it came from.

It was pretty awesome, I sent a shout out message to whomever turned it in to the wake show.

amazing , LIKE!!!!!!

That's like the lady who inadvertently flushed her diamond wedding band down. A year and a half later, last week or so, maintenance workers, cleaning out their line filters, found it. They sent out notices, I think on TV and the local newspaper, asking if anyone lost a diamond ring to contact their company & to describe it. She realized it was probably hers, and she was able to describe it, and she had a picture of it when she first got it - it was custom made for her.

Yes, fortunately there are still honest people in the world:D.

It's good to hear this story!!!!

Last week, while picking up my daughter's bridesmaids dresses one of them was stolen while we were paying for them. The bridal store was busy and there were lots of dresses (other than ours) on the rack but somehow one of ours disappeared right from the rack in front of the sales counter.

What really bothered me was that whoever took it knew it wasn't just a sample but had been ordered specially for someone's wedding. It really made me question people's morality so it's WONDERFUL to hear this story right now.

I'm so happy you got your lost pendant back. Very lucky it was an honest person who found it, that's for sure.

I was on the Star in 2002 (first cruise) and found a diamond tennis bracelet on a walkway on deck 15 or so. After viewing the glaciers I turned the bracelet into Passenger Services. While giving them the bracelet, the owner was on the phone frantically asking about her bracelet, which had belonged to her Mother. They told her to come down and asked me to stay. She ran down and it WAS her Mother's bracelet. She was very excited and wanted to pay me a reward. I said no and then she offered me a bottle of champagne which I accepted. My family enjoyed mimosas one afternoon as a result. I'm just glad I was able to get her bracelet back to her. I wear nice jewelry on our cruises and I would want someone to turn in any lost items for me.

It's good to hear this story!!!!

Last week, while picking up my daughter's bridesmaids dresses one of them was stolen while we were paying for them. The bridal store was busy and there were lots of dresses (other than ours) on the rack but somehow one of ours disappeared right from the rack in front of the sales counter.

What really bothered me was that whoever took it knew it wasn't just a sample but had been ordered specially for someone's wedding. It really made me question people's morality so it's WONDERFUL to hear this story right now.

WOW! Can you imagine the bad karma coing to the person who wears that dress?

That is wonderful!!! It reminds me of the time I went shopping years ago and wore my diamond bracelet. I was carrying several of the plastic shopping bags around my wrist. I got to the car - NO bracelet!!!!! I went back to all the stores and looked and asked. Nothing - I was just sick to my stomach. I drove back to TJMaxx where I was before. I asked and was told to check at the jewelry department. She said YES and gave it back to me. She said the woman thought it was fake. I couldn't believe it. I wonder if she would have returned it if she knew it was real and how much it cost? I know I will always turn in anything I find.

Let's just say, I don't wear it much anymore and NEVER when I go shopping.

This reminded me of our first cruise in 1976 on RCCL. In the middle of the cruise we noticed they were draining the pool. Since the seas were calm, we asked why. Apparently the diamond came out of the setting in a new bride's wedding/engagement ring while swimming in the pool. That night during dinner the captain came on the loud speaker singing Diamonds are Forever. They had found the stone in the pool filter. Everyone cheered.

What a great story, and I believe that most people would do the right thing in that circumstance.

A couple of years ago I was flying on Delta to Bermuda. Unfortunately, I left a case with a video iPod and Bose noise cancelling headphones in the seat pocket. I realized it when I got to my hotel. I was told to contact Delta via website and complete a lost item form. I heard nothing in response.

When leaving the island, I asked a Delta representative if anyone had turned in my case and she replied no. A contracted security person overheard the conversation and said, "That's not true. I found it and turned it in." At that point, the Delta representative went back behind the counter and came back with my case. I tried to reward the lovely and honest security officer, but she refused. So I sent a nice letter to Delta (who apparently contracts out the security personnel in Bermuda) praising the woman's honesty.

(It did make me wonder why the Delta rep responded as she did without even checking. It also made me wonder if eventually someone would open the case and find my business card inside and contact me. But, luckily, I didn't have to find out).

When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking the worst. Glad everything turned out for you, and that there are still honest ppl left in this world!:):)

I once left my PDA 9(pre-smart phone era) in the safe of a Princess ship. I didn't realize it until I got home. I called Princess, described it and left my name, number and address. About six weeks later (when I had given up hope) a package arrived. I opened it and it was my PDA. I'm sure my room steward found it. He was so great and I'm convinced that it was him. :)

On a previous cruise as I was unpacking, I discovered a cell phone in the closet, which I assumed belonged to someone who had that cabin on the previous cruise. I took it down to the purser's desk, and I hope they were able to get the phone back to it's owner. I don't recall whether it was an expensive/fancy phone, but I was more concerned with the person losing his/her contact list.

My husband was staying in a suite in an upscale Manhattan hotel. When he opened the safe he noticed that the fabric on the bottom of the safe in the back had a little lump in it. He found a (large) diamond ring under the fabric and wedged into a small indentation along the back edge of the safe. He immediately called the front desk and a manager and security arrived within minutes. They were aware that a previous occupant of the suite had reported a missing ring - DH questioned (at least to himself) why no one (including the owner) looked closely enough to find it. They thanked him profusely - to the extent that he wondered if it really was that rare that someone would turn in a 'found' object. He assured me that he never gave turning it in a second thought -if he had brought it home to me I would have wondered what he was covering up :D since we never exchange pricey presents (we prefer to use our extra funds on vacations :)).

I was SO happy it had been turned in... especially since it was not "scheduled" on my homeowners insurance policy... now for "the rest of the story"....

On the Thursday before our cruise, I got a shellac manicure. I don't usually get my nails done, just do it myself - but I didn't want to bring nail polish/remover with me... I took my wedding ring off at the nail salon and put it in my purse... got home and realized I forgot to put it back on... checked my purse, and it wasn't there. Yikes. Went back to the salon, not there... checked my car, not there.

I called my insurance agent, who is also a friend of mine, asked him what to do next - he said "make a police report". Called the police dept to have a car dispatched - the operator asked me what my ring looked like - THEY HAD IT!!! Apparently it came out of my purse when I pulled my sunglasses out, and a lady found it - she didn't know the nail salon people, so took it directly to the police department. I very happily picked it up the next morning!

So... between Thursday and Saturday, I lost and recovered over 5 carats of diamonds! Amazing week!

Yes, there are many wonderfully honest people in this world! Lucky for you. I never bring my expensive jewlery on cruises or overseas. I have some very nice CZ that look terrific. If something happens to them, no loss.

I was SO happy it had been turned in... especially since it was not "scheduled" on my homeowners insurance policy... now for "the rest of the story"....

On the Thursday before our cruise, I got a shellac manicure. I don't usually get my nails done, just do it myself - but I didn't want to bring nail polish/remover with me... I took my wedding ring off at the nail salon and put it in my purse... got home and realized I forgot to put it back on... checked my purse, and it wasn't there. Yikes. Went back to the salon, not there... checked my car, not there.

I called my insurance agent, who is also a friend of mine, asked him what to do next - he said "make a police report". Called the police dept to have a car dispatched - the operator asked me what my ring looked like - THEY HAD IT!!! Apparently it came out of my purse when I pulled my sunglasses out, and a lady found it - she didn't know the nail salon people, so took it directly to the police department. I very happily picked it up the next morning!

So... between Thursday and Saturday, I lost and recovered over 5 carats of diamonds! Amazing week!

You need to buy a lottery ticket! You are the luckiest woman I've ever heard of! :D

When we were in Skagway an number of years ago. My DH and I were walking along the main street and noticed a lady and her husband cross the street leaving her purse behind on a bench that they had been sitting on. We called to them and told them that they had left the wifes purse behind. They imidiately came and got the purse. They had not realized that they had left it behind. It is a good feeling to return it to the rightful owner

One time while at a resort in Mexico, I accidently left my husband (then boyfriend)'s brand new video camera on a seat in the van that took us to an excursion. We realized this an hour or two later in our hotel room. I contacted the hotel and even the driver of the van, but no one turned it in. I suspected that either another passenger of the van or the driver himself took it. I paid my guy back about $400 for it. Ugh what an expensive lesson. To make the situation even worse, during the same vacation we accidently converted pesos to dollars incorrectly. We thought we had bought a $20 bottle of wine at dinner and were shocked when we got a bill at the end of the week for a $200 bottle of wine! I lost a lot of money on that trip. Oh well!

On a happier note, one time I was wearing a tanzanite bracelet that my husband gave me for our anniversary. It's a bit big, and it slipped off and fell to the floor. I had no idea. Luckily a kind person pointed out that I dropped my bracelet.

Archived