Johnnie Walker Blue

does anyone know what is the current price for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue in any of the Eastern Caribbean islands? I'll be on Oasis in May and would like to get a bottle or 2 since it will be cheaper... thanks :)

I can tell you that it was $169 on the Voyager in February. I have no idea if that is a good price but my son asked me to get it for him ( and he actually repaid me!).

I recall the same price on Liberty OTS in February as well.

Check out the price on board the ship before you dock. You can also call A H Riise (340-776-2303) and ask them; they're in St Thomas.

If you're going to St Maarten, you can call Gulmohar's (599-542-2956). This store is located in downtown Philipsburg, about 2 blocks west of the town square, on the right. It looks like a dump, but has some of the best prices on the island. They also have an awesome walk-in humidor....

A little homework should yield a good price for you.

I was in the market for a bottle a couple of years ago while on a cruise. The prices were pretty consistent ($160 range) throughout all of the ports. I found the best price in St. Maarten. I don't remember which store but they were asking $135. I offered them $110 and they took it.

Love JWBlue...we've been fortunate to find good prices even on ships. However, we were stunned recently when we discovered Costco sells them even cheaper than any ship or any island. Current price is $154. Note: It was even cheaper when they had it on "sale" after Christmas! :)

Love JWBlue...we've been fortunate to find good prices even on ships. However, we were stunned recently when we discovered Costco sells them even cheaper than any ship or any island. Current price is $154. Note: It was even cheaper when they had it on "sale" after Christmas! :)

I second the Costco suggestion. High end booze is a great deal at Costco

I second the Costco suggestion. High end booze is a great deal at Costco

Another Costco advocate here. I have found that Costco can at times be cheaper than the ship. Especially on the really high end stuff.

On my recent trip, the $170 range seems to be what I recall for JW Blue.

I also noticed that the 1L prices for most liquors were about the same as 750ML prices back home. So I had to keep reminding myself that every time I looked at prices and wasn't seeing a lower than normal price.

I was in the market for a bottle a couple of years ago while on a cruise. The prices were pretty consistent ($160 range) throughout all of the ports. I found the best price in St. Maarten. I don't remember which store but they were asking $135. I offered them $110 and they took it.

If you have time, go over to the french side of the island. The prices are a lot lower in Marigot than in Phillipsberg.

Costco won't work for everyone. Here in VA, liquor can only be sold in state run ABC stores. Costco has beer and wine, but that's it.

Same situation in PA :(

For us, St Maarten had the best prices on Johnny Blue.

• 1 year later...

Just back from cruise on the Grandeur. Onboard price was $169. Several stores in Philipsburg had it for $125. I got mine at "The Captain's Duty Free Shop". It's right at the end of the pier as you get off the ferry. Ship checks it as you board, but you get it delivered to your stateroom the night before disembarkation (same as if you bought it on board).

I just saw it for $200 here in Connecticut .

Just as an aside . What is Johnny Walker Platinum? Not a scotch drinker so this is a new one on me.

Just saw it on a display with all the other Johnny Walkers last week. I think it was going for $100 or $119 can't remember which.

I just saw it for $200 here in Connecticut .

Just as an aside . What is Johnny Walker Platinum? Not a scotch drinker so this is a new one on me.

Just saw it on a display with all the other Johnny Walkers last week. I think it was going for $100 or $119 can't remember which.

Platinum is aged 18 years, one step under Blue.

No price breaks for us up in Ontario Canada, LCBO price for 3/4 litres is $299.95:eek:. But that includes a 20 cent bottle deposit.

I went and looked it up too. Ouch! Makes it a much better value to snag it in the U.S. or on the islands. Only trouble is getting it home safely.

Scott