Refurbished Summit/Infinity OV 3112 - 3144 Pictures

sarahc78

Just wondering if anyone has any recent or better pictures of these "new" staterooms.

We booked an Oceanview Guarantee stateroom for our August cruise on Infinity and we were very happy with our assigned Cat 6 stateroom (3011).

However, we noticed this morning that 3112 had become available and our TA has just managed to get this stateroom for us.

I have seen the pics on Celebrity's facebook page but would love to see better or more recent pics and any comments regarding these rooms and specifically 3112.

Hi Simon, we booked Gty OV too and have been given a similar cabin to your initial one, shortly after confirmation I contacted my British TA and asked them to contact Celebrity as one of newer larger window cabins was available, they tried but were told it is not possible to change cabin, even though it is still cat6, I believed this was because we are in the UK. I note your success at changing and as the cabin is still showing availability wonder if you had any tips to share for getting around changing. Maybe it is just down to luck on the day :)

Hi Tangoqueen.

I booked through a US travel agent so my request was put to Celebrity in the US.

I'm not sure what you can do but have heard numerous times that Celebrity in the UK are not as accommodating as they are in the US.

One of the reasons we decided to use a US travel agent instead of a UK based one.

Hi Tangoqueen.

I booked through a US travel agent so my request was put to Celebrity in the US.

I'm not sure what you can do but have heard numerous times that Celebrity in the UK are not as accommodating as they are in the US.

One of the reasons we decided to use a US travel agent instead of a UK based one.

Thanks Simon, that explains it, will have to do the same if we sail Celebrity again ;)

OMG...I am sorry, I never came back here to answer your question:eek:

I ended up with a balcony on the cruise I took back in November

BUT I am going on Summit again in August~sailing to Bermuda and

this time I am in one of these window cabins...#3142.....if you

are still looking for information? Please give me nudge after

August 11th:)

great photo's and I loved to see my pals tom and beth

Thanks Simon, that explains it, will have to do the same if we sail Celebrity again ;)

Hi Tangoqueen

Try calling Lesley at the Captains Club UK desk 0844 481 7505 don't press any options just hold and you should get straight through, she changed my GTY cabin for us last year with no problem even though we had booked through a UK TA.

Good luck!

Lisa

A month ago we selected the 3112 cabin on the newly renovated Constellation for a 5 day March cruise in 2014. I briefly saw that cabin while I was on a Summit cruise since we were next door and it is definitely larger.

Bob

Hi,

Thanks for your description of these new staterooms.

I have booked 3116 for my December 2012 cruise on the Celebrity Summit (and 3132 for my December 2013 cruise on the Celebrity Constellation). I am looking forward to having a new stateroom with the very large window.

Chuck

Hi there,

I would be very interested in your opinion of cabin 3116 on the Summit as we have booked it on a B2B in March 2014. Thanks :D

Jerry

Edited by CujoK

• 2 weeks later...

I am in 3142 on Summit coming up in August.....it is not the last cabin but 2nd to the last.

Can I get an opinion if I should move up to 3132 which is a bit further forward?....would that be a

quieter location? Or are those new cabins pretty quiet overall? A friend thinks I should move further

forward but I really want to try those new cabins:)

Edited by Lois R

I am in 3142 on Summit coming up in August.....it is not the last cabin but 2nd to the last.

Can I get an opinion if I should move up to 3132 which is a bit further forward?....would that be a

quieter location? Or are those new cabins pretty quiet overall? A friend thinks I should move further

Lois, in a word : YES.

They're all quiet, the whole bank of them...but 3132 being in the middle is ...quieter !

Cheers

C

Lois, in a word : YES.

They're all quiet, the whole bank of them...but 3132 being in the middle is ...quieter !

Cheers

C

Hi Claude:) thanks.....;)

If you can wait a couple of weeks, Lois, I'll let you know. Steve and I are in 3112 leaving on 7/14.

Hi Lisa, Oh...I changed cabins this morning....but you could look anyway

if you think about it:)....but no worries, I will be fine.

Thanks for offering to help and have a great cruise:)

From someone who loves cabin 3112!! We were in this cabin last year on a b2b (Alaska) on the Millennium, have it booked again this August for another b2b and also have already booked for a 2014 Alaskan b2b cruise along with friends that will be in another one of these new cabins.

If you book one of these fabulous cabins, you will not be disappointed!!!

Linda

I'll check it out for you, Lois, and report back!!

Can't wait for our cruise. We have 3112 booked for this cruise and on Summit in December but it was booked already for our April 2014 cruise. Keep checking on it daily, just in case it opens up. It's a long time til then, but who knows?

I am now in 3132. Looking forward to it:)

I just grabbed the 3142 you switched out of for Aug-11. Look forward to meeting you at the 'connections' party but I don't remember seeing you posting on that roll-call.

I just grabbed the 3142 you switched out of for Aug-11. Look forward to meeting you at the 'connections' party but I don't remember seeing you posting on that roll-call.

Wrong week....I am going the week before you, sailing on August 4th:)

• 1 month later...

Just back from the august 11th cruise on summit. We had room 3132. I absolutely LOVED the big window and the fact that everything was new-new. Great location near two sets of stairs and main lobby, and darling little "private" hallway. However.... The room had a constant vibration, very noticeable. There was also a low-grade "helicopter" sound outside that was audible at all times... Got quite anniying by the end when trying to sleep. Room was otherwise quiet, never heard our neighbors or noise from above. No noise from conference rooms either. If it werent for the vibration and outside noise, we would book this room again.

Just back from the august 11th cruise on summit. We had room 3132. I absolutely LOVED the big window and the fact that everything was new-new. Great location near two sets of stairs and main lobby, and darling little "private" hallway. However.... The room had a constant vibration, very noticeable. There was also a low-grade "helicopter" sound outside that was audible at all times... Got quite anniying by the end when trying to sleep. Room was otherwise quiet, never heard our neighbors or noise from above. No noise from conference rooms either. If it werent for the vibration and outside noise, we would book this room again.

Has anyone else experienced the noises KiKi is talking about? :( My wife and I are staying in 3116 for a B2B and we had a previous experience with a noise on the Summit in room 3107. It drove my wife nuts. :eek:

J