Refurbished Summit/Infinity OV 3112 - 3144 Pictures

sarahc78

Hi,

Thanks for your description of these new staterooms.

I have booked 3116 for my December 2012 cruise on the Celebrity Summit (and 3132 for my December 2013 cruise on the Celebrity Constellation). I am looking forward to having a new stateroom with the very large window.

Chuck

Hi,

Thanks for your description of these new staterooms.

I have booked 3116 for my December 2012 cruise on the Celebrity Summit (and 3132 for my December 2013 cruise on the Celebrity Constellation). I am looking forward to having a new stateroom with the very large window.

Chuck

Hi Chuck:) I have 3140 for Summit in November. Will be glad to let you

my opinion of it when I get back too.

• 1 month later...
Congrats. You will be very happy with this stateroom. We did the wine cruise back in 2010, and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the info on 3112. I'm about to book the Millie from Shanghai to Vancouver and I am trying to decide between 3112 and 3114. For me the deal breaker is whether the beds and love seat face forward or aft. If you could tell me which way the beds face in 3112 it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the info on 3112. I'm about to book the Millie from Shanghai to Vancouver and I am trying to decide between 3112 and 3114. For me the deal breaker is whether the beds and love seat face forward or aft. If you could tell me which way the beds face in 3112 it would be much appreciated.

As you walk into the stateroom, the bed is on the left bulkhead - headboard facing forward. Sitting in the overstuffed chair, you will face aft. I'm pretty sure they alternate, so 3114 should be just the opposite with bed on right as you enter the stateroom.

Just returned from Bermuda cruise and loved this room. Window is marvellous - I could lie in bed and watch the NY skyline and bridge going by without raising up at all. Room did not seem any larger than regular OV but everything was so new. Location is wonderful - can scoot up back elevator to middle of buffet, walk easily to Guest Relations and middle glass elevators and very quiet hallway - no through traffic going by. Very quiet area. The washroom didn't seem to be used very often by 3112. Beds are sideways - not under window which I don't like!!!

Anyone would be very lucky and happy to be in these cabins!!!

I forgot to say that I had connecting room and could not hear any noise from next door. Also no noise from Rendezvous above and I'm a very light sleeper. Also I was in bed by 10:30 most nights when you might expect to hear activity but nothing!!!!Didn't even hear them taking away luggage on final night!!!

Everything was brand new in washroom - so clean. Curtain in shower was fine - I prefer that to glass doors.They even removed my shower curtain one day while I was at breakfast to wash it and had it back when I returned after lunch.

My bed and sofa/chair faced forward. The cabin beds seem to alternate.

Have booked 3118 for a Nov., 2013 cruise.

We were wondering if the bathrooms (as they are brand new) would be the new design like the Solstice Class ships, but I think Lexy08 has answered our question by confirming that there is a shower curtain.

I wish someone would be kind enough to post some BIG pictures of these staterooms and the bathrooms.

We will be in 3112 on the Millie September 14 wine cruise. Will try to post photos when we get back. If I can't get big photos on CC, I'll email them if that helps. Shirley

Edited by FunForUs

• 3 weeks later...
Could you feel any motion in the ship ( my spouse sometimes becomes sea sick; cannot stand tremendous amount of ship motion ) ?

Has anyone sail in cabin # 3130 or #3144 ?

Hi,:) the cabins are midship. (Good location). I have stayed on that

deck before and it has been smooth sailing for me:)

I will be setting my luggage down in 3112 tomorrow! Will try to take good pictures. Then I will only have to try and figure how to post them...:o

Have a wonderful cruise:):D:)

Enjoyed seeing the pictures. My wife and I are in 3114 for the upcoming Labor Day cruise to Bermuda on the Summit. Our to older sons booked a room just a couple of doors down. Usually get a Balconey room or better, but the price, the window, and location sealed the deal.

On the Summit, no, they do not allow a third person in these rooms. I am planning a family trip on the Summit to Bermuda in June 2013 and my TA tried to get these cabins for several family members. But since a niece needed a third bed for her child, they said no.

Some deck plans show a third person icon so we just thought they were not allowing it for inventory control purposes and TA thought he could talk Celebrity into one 3 person cabin since it was a child. But no deal, they said the sofas had all been removed and no 3rd person bed in there. So I had to put them across the lobby area in other cat 6 OVs more forward.

But thanks to your rave comments Wine-O, I did secure 3112 for my brother and sister in law. I will be in balcony on deck 7 with a smaller contingent of family. But I am anxious to see 3112 - it sounds great!

We have an upcoming cruise on the Summit in January and have booked one of these new OV on deck 3, just curious does anyone have pictures of the bathroom. Does the shower have a curtain or door?

No pictures, but it does have a shower curtain.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I will be on our first cruise and are assigned OV 3136, we'll be sure to take pictures of the cabin to post here. It is on the Infinity through the canal (Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego) on Oct. 8th. Got curious today to see if anyone has stayed in our randomly assigned cabin and seems we got lucky :D

• 1 month later...

After reading so much about how great these cabins are and seeing the pictures posted, I have just gone ahead and booked 3112 on the Summit for the New Year's sailing 2013. Thanks to everybody who has posted in this thread before. I would have never considered booking this room if I had not read the information you have shared.

Hi Russ,

I think you will really enjoy that cabin. We just got off Infinity last week, after spending 30 days in cabin 3114 and loved it. The large window let lots of light in, and made sailaways and scenic cruising through the Panama Canal very nice. Not only that, the "secret hallway" made for a quieter area, yet accessible to the central area and elevators. We like the millennium class ships and will be looking for these cabins when we book next time!

Cheers!

Cindy

Stateroom 3136 on Celebrity Infinity as promised, I've attached a few pictures below but have uploaded full size photos on flickr.

The window is gigantic and I'm 6'5", it's literally inches from the ceiling. The room itself was very quiet and we hardly heard any noise for the exception of one afternoon where they were drilling in the floor above us (one of the ship lounges). There was some mildew/mold substance near the bottom of the window which I tried to take a few pictures of (an eyesore if you're picky). It appears to be within the outer glass but we honestly never paid any attention to it. I'd highly recommend moving your cabin to one of these new staterooms if you've already been assigned an oceanview cabin that isn't located here.

DSC00098_267x200.jpg.936bde1c1963da464096fb384948a699.jpg

DSC00949_267x200.jpg.5abbf9eda11bfed993892130122bf733.jpg

DSC00954_267x200.jpg.057d46d7702f86364f78017e85337ed1.jpg

DSC00955_267x200.jpg.21d0b7ca71d2b97d6e4d07217e79b83b.jpg

DSC00956_267x200.jpg.43e4a0b15c9faf0bffb004ebc11e07be.jpg

Edited by TheGoomba

Hi Russ,

I think you will really enjoy that cabin. We just got off Infinity last week, after spending 30 days in cabin 3114 and loved it. The large window let lots of light in, and made sailaways and scenic cruising through the Panama Canal very nice. Not only that, the "secret hallway" made for a quieter area, yet accessible to the central area and elevators. We like the millennium class ships and will be looking for these cabins when we book next time!

I love inside cabins because they are so dark and I find I sleep the best in them. My DW, on the other hand, loves having a window to let in the light and see the weather outside. I am wondering what the window covering is like in the cabin. I assume it is a large room darkening curtain like in a hotel that would basically have to run floor to ceiling. Can you comment on how much light was let in if the curtains were closed?