Refurbished Summit/Infinity OV 3112 - 3144 Pictures

sarahc78

Oh, are you both talking about the summit? I'll be on the infinity. Wonder if it's different on that ship.

I'm talking about the Summit and this is the first I've heard of a problem with a vibration/noise in those new rooms.

J

We were on a Norwegian fjords cruise in July on Infinity, with my brother and SIL. I made the mistake of booking them into one of the renovated cabins at the very back of the ship - 3144, thinking it would be a lovely, quiet spot. What a mistake that was. There was noise every night, which kept them awake. They called several times to complain, to no avail. We suspected that the noise was coming from the galley.

I would avoid this cabin at all cost.

We were in 3112 and friends were in 3116. No noise. Wonder how far back the dividing line is for noise or not in that wing. The cabin window is amazing though. Great views sailing out of Bermuda around the island.

I will be on her again in a little over a week in the same general area. Honestly do not remember the number

We were in 3112 and friends were in 3116. No noise. Wonder how far back the dividing line is for noise or not in that wing. The cabin window is amazing though. Great views sailing out of Bermuda around the island.

I will be on her again in a little over a week in the same general area. Honestly do not remember the number

That's great news. :D Thanks for the information. The wife will be happy about that.

We were in 3112 on Summit from July 14-21 and loved it. When we first got on it was very hot, but once we closed the curtains, and asked our cabin attendant to keep them closed so the sun didn't heat the room, the a/c worked fine. My husband said he heard a hum, but honestly I didn't and it didn't seem to bother him. The location is awesome and we are booked in the same cabin again in December.

Here are some pictures:

027_zps4be17bc5.jpg

025_zps13358f05.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. We are in 3112 on the Summit in March.

Might have relatives joining us on that cruise. I also would like information which of these cabins are affected by the noise/vibration. The closest available cabin to the front is 3136 for our sailing.

Just back from the august 11th cruise on summit. We had room 3132. I absolutely LOVED the big window and the fact that everything was new-new. Great location near two sets of stairs and main lobby, and darling little "private" hallway. However.... The room had a constant vibration, very noticeable. There was also a low-grade "helicopter" sound outside that was audible at all times... Got quite anniying by the end when trying to sleep. Room was otherwise quiet, never heard our neighbors or noise from above. No noise from conference rooms either. If it werent for the vibration and outside noise, we would book this room again.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has comments about noise in the central cabins in this group on Summit. We will be in 3134 in December and I would not look forward to a "helicopter noise".

We were in 3112 on Summit from July 14-21 and loved it. When we first got on it was very hot, but once we closed the curtains, and asked our cabin attendant to keep them closed so the sun didn't heat the room, the a/c worked fine. My husband said he heard a hum, but honestly I didn't and it didn't seem to bother him. The location is awesome and we are booked in the same cabin again in December.

Here are some pictures:

027_zps4be17bc5.jpg

025_zps13358f05.jpg

Thanks for the photos of cabin 3112 on the Summit. My DW and I will be sailing with Celebrity for the first time on the Summit for the New Years cruise this year. In fact I have room 3112 booked based on all the great reviews I hear about the window, being new, and the convenient location. My DW always wants a window (small as they are usually). She thinks we are going to an inside cabin for our Summit cruise. Little does she know that we will have a gigantic window waiting for her. If my math is correct, you will be in the same cabin we sail in two weeks prior to our sailing. Be sure to leave it in good condition for us ;):D;)

Thanks for the photos of cabin 3112 on the Summit. My DW and I will be sailing with Celebrity for the first time on the Summit for the New Years cruise this year. In fact I have room 3112 booked based on all the great reviews I hear about the window, being new, and the convenient location. My DW always wants a window (small as they are usually). She thinks we are going to an inside cabin for our Summit cruise. Little does she know that we will have a gigantic window waiting for her. If my math is correct, you will be in the same cabin we sail in two weeks prior to our sailing. Be sure to leave it in good condition for us ;):D;)

She'll love the cabin. The window is great and the location even better! My suggestion is to leave the curtains closed if the sun is shining in- although I don't think we'll have as much heat coming in December and January! We are on the week before you, I think, leaving on December 21. We'll leave the cabin all ready for you!!

She'll love the cabin. The window is great and the location even better! My suggestion is to leave the curtains closed if the sun is shining in- although I don't think we'll have as much heat coming in December and January! We are on the week before you, I think, leaving on December 21. We'll leave the cabin all ready for you!!

I guess my calculations were off by a week if you will be in the same cabin the week prior to us. I hope you have a great Christmas cruise. Our first Celebrity cruise, so we are looking forward to it. I have been checking the prices for our New Year's cruise and see that our cabin is now $700 more per person than it was when I booked it originally. I thought it was expensive when I booked it at $1099, now it seems like a steal!

And we will be enjoying 3112 starting tomorrow😎

MARK

I have booked cabin 3130 on Celebrity's Summit for an upcoming cruise in October. The prices have come down since full payment and my TA contacted Celebrity today to see if I would be entitled to an upgrade. Celebrity stated that I could have a mid-ship balcony for $100 more.

I've decided to stay in the 3130 cabin for the ease of being centrally located and the newness of these cabins (perhaps less wear). Has anyone stayed recently in this cabin? I'm looking forward to that big window!

I have booked cabin 3130 on Celebrity's Summit for an upcoming cruise in October. The prices have come down since full payment and my TA contacted Celebrity today to see if I would be entitled to an upgrade. Celebrity stated that I could have a mid-ship balcony for $100 more.

I've decided to stay in the 3130 cabin for the ease of being centrally located and the newness of these cabins (perhaps less wear). Has anyone stayed recently in this cabin? I'm looking forward to that big window!

Hi Bernadette- Randy and I are right next to you in 3132. However, if X offers us an upgrade, we just might take it. A balcony for only $100 more would be quite a treat for us! Actually, since we usually sail in insides, having a porthole (small or very large) is a treat LOL! I check X's website frequently; the best offer so far was a balcony for $400 more (too dear for us). Lynn

Hi Bernadette- Randy and I are right next to you in 3132. However, if X offers us an upgrade, we just might take it. A balcony for only $100 more would be quite a treat for us! Actually, since we usually sail in insides, having a porthole (small or very large) is a treat LOL! I check X's website frequently; the best offer so far was a balcony for $400 more (too dear for us). Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Wow, what a coincidence! Maybe you should call Celebrity or ask your TA to call them. My TA called Celebrity this week and was quoted another $100 for a balcony. As I travel solo, most situations I get an inside unless there is a special deal for a balcony. I booked this cruise back in February which is early for me (usually I wait to a month or two before the cruise) and always get the insurance as I have elderly parents and a married daughter and grandsons and want to be available in case of an emergency. I had a balcony on Celebrity's Century and only used it twice for breakfast when I had a conceirge cabin. I haven't booked my airfare yet and the cost has skyrocketed (should have booked when the airfare was $180 for a non-stop back to Phila). Now that $100 will go toward airfare!!

• 6 months later...

Thanks for all the good Info about the Infinity Deck 2, Plaza cabins 3112-3144. We are booked on the Infinity for the 17 Day Westbound Panama Canal on Sept 18, 2015 in one of them. Looking forward to the 'huge' windows.:)

Thanks for all the good Info about the Infinity Deck 2, Plaza cabins 3112-3144. We are booked on the Infinity for the 17 Day Westbound Panama Canal on Sept 18, 2015 in one of them. Looking forward to the 'huge' windows.:)

Hi:) just to make you aware, those cabins are on deck 3, not deck 2;)

Plaza deck is 3. Great location for sure:D

We absolutely LOVED cabin 3112 on the Summit. By far, my favourite cabin I have had thus far. The room steward and his assistant were OUTSTANDING as well (best we have ever had). The room is gorgeous with the huge window. The room is QUIET. We never heard anything else. The room is very convenient to everything. The public washrooms were just out the door and around the corner if you ever needed one in a pinch and the one in the cabin was in use. The stairs and elevators were right there - convenient. Just around the corner from the shore ex and purser's desk if you have questions. So close to where you disembark to go ashore.

Best of all, super easy to find if you have had a few to many to drink. Take the staircase with the ugliest art in the history of the world (those hideous head sculptures down). When you get to the level with those two really funky red and greenish plastic modern chairs, stop decending the stairs, go around the corner and stumble into your cabin.

If we are ever on this class of ship again, 3112 is THE cabin I would try to get.

I agree about 3112. If we don't sail AQ (DH loves Blu, so if the price is right...) we book 3112. Sailing in that cabin in only 10 days from San Juan!!!

We have 3112 this weekend on the Summit. We'll take care of it for you. We had one of these cabins on the Constellation in December and loved it!

We have 3112 this weekend on the Summit. We'll take care of it for you. We had one of these cabins on the Constellation in December and loved it!

Thanks, Buddy!! Have a great cruise!!

We were in cabin 3122 on Constellation the beginning of February. We loved the room and the privacy of our own corridor. It was our first cruise without a balcony. We found lots of other places to sit and enjoy the sunshine. We are booked in cabin 3114 on Infinity for the Panama Canal in November. We booked it last June. 3112 was available but we were concerned about being next to the washroom. Sounds like our fears were groundless so hope we get to try that cabin someday.

We were in cabin 3122 on Constellation the beginning of February. We loved the room and the privacy of our own corridor. It was our first cruise without a balcony. We found lots of other places to sit and enjoy the sunshine. We are booked in cabin 3114 on Infinity for the Panama Canal in November. We booked it last June. 3112 was available but we were concerned about being next to the washroom. Sounds like our fears were groundless so hope we get to try that cabin someday.

We never heard any noise at all from the washrooms next door all week. I too was had the same concerns before having the room for the week. There is VERY little traffic in that area, so I think barely anyone even knows the washrooms are there. I only saw one other person using that public washroom there the entire week.

Stayed in cabin 3114 on the Connie. Great location and With the huge window I have been calling it "my balcony without a balcony". For itineraries where you really wouldn't make use of the balcony, it is very nice to just sit on the sofa and gaze out the window.