Refurbished Summit/Infinity OV 3112 - 3144 Pictures

sarahc78

Stateroom 3136 on Celebrity Infinity as promised, I've attached a few pictures below but have uploaded full size photos on flickr.

Lots of mirrors in the room. The photo of you on the bed taken aiming at mirrors across from the bed shows an entire wall of mirrors. This should give the illusion of making the room seem twice as large as it really is and reflecting the light from the window to make it twice as bright as well. Did you find this to be the case?

Lots of mirrors in the room. The photo of you on the bed taken aiming at mirrors across from the bed shows an entire wall of mirrors. This should give the illusion of making the room seem twice as large as it really is and reflecting the light from the window to make it twice as bright as well. Did you find this to be the case?

It was our first cruise so I can't comment if it made the room feel bigger/brighter since I have nothing to compare to. The full body mirrors were a nice treat though which I used often when getting ready.

I can also answer your post above, the curtains let in very little light (like a hotel as you mentioned) and the stateroom attendant closed the curtains every night during the turn down service. My wife enjoyed the darkness but I always get up before her and open them up. We got to enjoy the sunrise every morning the second half of our cruise.

• 1 month later...

Just back from 3114 on the Summit. There was a constant low-pitch thumping noise in the room and in the hallway next to the room. It really sounded like a big low-rpm diesel engine - I think the diesel installed in 2008 is somewhere below this general area of the ship. The noise diminished towards the aft part of the hallway. The sound was not too loud, but it was certainly noticeable.

Other than that, it's a great room. The window is huge, the outside wall (hull) is thinner than in forward OV rooms so you sit much closer to the glass, and the curtains go all the way down to the floor just like they do in veranda rooms.

• 4 weeks later...
Stateroom 3136 on Celebrity Infinity as promised, I've attached a few pictures below but have uploaded full size photos on flickr.

Thanks for these pictures! They are great!

How about any of the rest who have been in these cabins? Do you have any pictures?

Hi Chuck:) I have 3140 for Summit in November. Will be glad to let you

my opinion of it when I get back too.

Hi, Lois,

We're booked in #3140 for the Cnda/NewEngland voyage in September.

Were you ''sleeping backwards'' or ''forward'' ? Any motion if your seas were a little ''alive'' ? While that location is not 100% aft...it is well past mid-ship....

Any noise at all from the galley, located 3 staterooms down towards aft ? I know the dividers are solid and thick but just wondering.

When sailing on Millie last September, we observed how superbly quiet and insulated this whole new bank of OV was. We had a balcony then but quickly made ''a note to self'' for future cruises....

Thanks in advance for your ''first hand review''.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Just back from 3114 on the Summit. There was a constant low-pitch thumping noise in the room and in the hallway next to the room. It really sounded like a big low-rpm diesel engine - I think the diesel installed in 2008 is somewhere below this general area of the ship. The noise diminished towards the aft part of the hallway. The sound was not too loud, but it was certainly noticeable.

Other than that, it's a great room. The window is huge, the outside wall (hull) is thinner than in forward OV rooms so you sit much closer to the glass, and the curtains go all the way down to the floor just like they do in veranda rooms.

Anyone else experience the "constant low-pitch thumping noise in the room and in the hallway" noted by BostonRU?

We were in 3114 from 1/26 thru 2/2 and there is definitely a white sound hum at times. My wife mentioned it toward the end of the cruise when it seemed more constant than intermittent. We weren't in the room much other than sleeping and it didn't interfere with that. The room also seemed shorter than the balcony room we had last January.

In spite of that, we liked 3114 better. Because of the location (no long narrow hallways), basically equal natural light and the 50% price reduction.

Edited by BobInPa

We were in 3114 from 1/26 thru 2/2 and there is definitely a white sound hum at times. My wife mentioned it toward the end of the cruise when it seemed more constant than intermittent. We weren't in the room much other than sleeping and it didn't interfere with that. The room also seemed shorter than the balcony room we had last January.

In spite of that, we liked 3114 better. Because of the location (no long narrow hallways), basically equal natural light and the 50% price reduction.

Am I to infer that your balcony cabin from 1/2012 was twice the price of your OV cabin from 1/2013? If so, no wonder you liked the OV with the large window better. ;)

We were thinking about booking one of these cabins on our upcoming Summit cruise in October, till I contacted our TA and found out that there was a 50 dollar pp price increase, combined with the fact that she had group balcony space. We were able to snag a sweet 16 balcony for only 9 dollars more than the OV with the large window, and we got 75 in OBC to boot. Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise in 20 years. :)

Am I to infer that your balcony cabin from 1/2012 was twice the price of your OV cabin from 1/2013? If so, no wonder you liked the OV with the large window better. ;)

Easily twice the price. $200 a day for a balcony that we used about 15 minutes a day. That's more than a BMW dealership's hourly service rate.

We were thinking about booking one of these cabins on our upcoming Summit cruise in October, till I contacted our TA and found out that there was a 50 dollar pp price increase, combined with the fact that she had group balcony space. We were able to snag a sweet 16 balcony for only 9 dollars more than the OV with the large window, and we got 75 in OBC to boot. Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise in 20 years. :)

In my case there is a $1000 price difference. I'll be happy to just look out the window and spend the money on restaurants, drinks, shorex etc :)

Easily twice the price. $200 a day for a balcony that we used about 15 minutes a day. That's more than a BMW dealership's hourly service rate.

In my case there is a $1000 price difference. I'll be happy to just look out the window and spend the money on restaurants, drinks, shorex etc :)

That makes the deal we got on our sweet 16 balcony that much better, including all taxes, we're at about 1500 for the two of us, plus we got 150 in OBC which will cover most of the upgrade to the Premium Alcoholic drink package. I'm usually just happy to be in an inside, but because of the 123 promo, we needed to be in an OV, so that was when I found out about the refurbished cabins with the large picture window.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all of your insights into these span of cabins! I'm very excited, booked Cabin #3132 to Bermuda in August! I'm looking forward to that huge porthole window... I hope when we dock at Bermuda we face out into the harbor!

And a big "thank-you" to whomever it was that posted a slideshow of pics from one of these cabins - - don't know what thread it was on -- but you are awesome, your pics totally "sold" me on the cabin!

3114 on the Summit has just become available on our cruise and am thinking about switching. I am currently in 3144 at the very end. Can anyone else comment on the thumping noise or offer any suggestions about either cabin?

Laura

3114 on the Summit has just become available on our cruise and am thinking about switching. I am currently in 3144 at the very end. Can anyone else comment on the thumping noise or offer any suggestions about either cabin?

Laura

Hi Laura

We did book cabin 3112 but first, just like you, we had concern about the noise in 3112 and 3114 so we check if cabins 3140-3144 were available and review about those.

Cruiseadvice dot org does comment on cabin for all ship and we found that comment

"Past guests in cabin 3144 have indicated that noise levels were intolerably loud."

cruiseadvice dot org/CruiseShips/BestCabins.aspx?ShipName=celebrity+summit

And no comment about noise in 3112 and 3114.

Up to you for switching but i would if i were you.

Hope it's help.

P.S.: i speak french and don't write often in english so sorry if i make mistakes when i write...:o

Laura

Location, Location, Location.

The white sound hum in 3114 is not an issue as far as I'm concerned. The fact that you walk out your cabin door, walk through the double fire doors (across the hallway) and you are in the Grand Foyer is what matters. Also, there was never any noise from that area. The only times we went down the hallway toward 3144 were when we wanted to use the Aft Elevators.

• Like 1

We spent 30 days on a B2B on Infinity in cabin 3114, in Oct. 2012, and didn't notice any sound like that. In fact, we loved that cabin because it was so quiet. That private hallway and the big window was so nice!

We will be in 3116 on a Panama Canal cruise in April. How many hanging closet spaces are there?

Location, Location, Location.

The white sound hum in 3114 is not an issue as far as I'm concerned. The fact that you walk out your cabin door, walk through the double fire doors (across the hallway) and you are in the Grand Foyer is what matters. Also, there was never any noise from that area. The only times we went down the hallway toward 3144 were when we wanted to use the Aft Elevators.

I agree. We were in 3112, and no noise to speak of. If you are Elite, it's just a short walk over to Normandie to get your morning bloody mary.:rolleyes: The only folks who use that passageway are the occupants and those few who got lost wandering around the ship.

Hi Laura

We did book cabin 3112 but first, just like you, we had concern about the noise in 3112 and 3114 so we check if cabins 3140-3144 were available and review about those.

Cruiseadvice dot org does comment on cabin for all ship and we found that comment

:o

I checked this website for Infinity to see what it had to say about our cabin and it was so out-of-date that their deck plans don't show the new cabins added on deck 3. We are in the center of the new section so I hope that means it will be quiet.

I checked this website for Infinity to see what it had to say about our cabin and it was so out-of-date that their deck plans don't show the new cabins added on deck 3. We are in the center of the new section so I hope that means it will be quiet.

My feeling says the problem (if there's really a problem...) was on the Summit only.

There's was lot of thread about those cabins (3112-3144) and few of them were on cabin 3144 and i don't recall any comment so if there was a problem, i'm pretty sure Celebrity did fix it.... so if you book that cabin, it would say enjoy the cruise and the big windows....

• 1 month later...

Has anyone cruised in one of these cabins recently who can update this thread? Pictures would be nice :)

Also, for anyone cruising in one of these cabins before December, can I bother you for pictures of your cabin and the hallway, particularly the area near 3112?

thanks!