Wondering about most romantic itinerary?

bonbon663

It's been way too long since my last cruise, so, I'm not a complete newbie anymore, but, I have some questions still. I think I've decided on Princess because I have read here that there cater more to couples, and can provide a very romantic, and intimate experience. Now, my main question is, where would you seasoned cruisers suggest for a destination? Is there someplace I should keep in mind that is more romantic than others? I would appreciate all input. Thank you in advance.

When I think romantic, I think Mediterranean. Can't go wrong on any cruise in the Mediterranean, love all the ports. We have done about 6 cruises over there, out of Barcelona, Rome, Venice, and Istanbul. Another option might be to do a TA (Transatlantic), we have also done several of those. If you find the right itinerary, you can do a crossing plus some wonderful Mediterranean ports. On the TA you have a lot of time together at sea. We love the sea days. If you are looking at Princess, we have done the Ruby Princess twice, very nice ship.

Sometimes we get off and fly back to Paris and spend several days in Paris before coming home. Paris definitley is a romantic city. :D

Well, I'm biased. This was the first cruise we had taken together that was only with each other. All other cruise trips before this there were other people with us. My fiancé and I made a deal at the time... he got to pick where we got married and I got to pick the honeymoon. He made me shake on the deal before he told me where we would wed!

Anyway, it all worked out great. I spent 3 years planning the honeymoon... we only spent one year planning the wedding. But heck, the honeymoon was for 15 nights! We spend 1 night in Papeete, and 3 nights in Moorea in an overwater bungalow that was the furthest out where we could see no neighbors and had a clear unobstructed view of sunrise and sunset every day right on the water from our bungalow. Then we went on an 11 night Regent cruise in a balcony cabin visiting many islands of the South Pacific that surrounded Tahiti. Awwww! :o Just the memory is fantastic. We were so spoiled by so many people.

I agree that any cruise can be romantic though. As long as you enjoy each others company and go somewhere you both want to go... then it can be romantic.

Cabin C501 on the Crown Princess

WAY TMI! Where's the brain bleach!

When I think of romantic itineraries, I definitely think beaches, NOT sightseeing. The South Pacific, for sure, and the Caribbean. A day of intense sightseeing in a busy, hot, crowded metropolitan area would not be romantic to me. A day spent on a beach in Barbados frolicking in the waves and drinking rum punches- very romantic.

But I know guys where the most romantic thing in the world is a girl who wants to spend a week backpacking in the Rockies with no shower in sight. I think romance is a very personal thing (in more ways than one).

But I know guys where the most romantic thing in the world is a girl who wants to spend a week backpacking in the Rockies with no shower in sight. I think romance is a very personal thing (in more ways than one).

I went out with a guy like that. Once. It was hard to tell who was more horrified by whom on that date.

I would say that any cruise on one of the small ships, The Pacific or the Ocean would be best for starters. They are extremely beautiful ships and not very crowded as they only carry 675 passengers. With that in mind I would then vote for the south pacific. 10 days RT from Tahiti.. Those islands are incredible.

It's been way too long since my last cruise, so, I'm not a complete newbie anymore, but, I have some questions still. I think I've decided on Princess because I have read here that there cater more to couples, and can provide a very romantic, and intimate experience. Now, my main question is, where would you seasoned cruisers suggest for a destination? Is there someplace I should keep in mind that is more romantic than others? I would appreciate all input. Thank you in advance.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest a port intensive cruise unless it involves beaches or relaxation. Life is busy. To me, romance means having time for each other.

Our most romantic cruise was the first trip we had taken w/o our DS. He was a teenager at the time, so I'm not sure the destination had a lot to do with it. We sailed to the Southern Caribbean for 10 nights. I think it's more about the ship than the itinerary. Choose the ship that will provide you with the best experience. We found the sea days the most romantic, so a port intensive cruise like the Med. cruises wouldn't be the most romantic for us. Some people like to be on the go all the time, & those cruises would be perfect for them. I still think it's more about the cruise line & the ship than it is about the ports.

As others have said romance is what you make it.

We find cabins with enclosed balconies (not exposed to viewing by others) to set the stage for quiet breakfasts on the balcony, conversation (lest I say "communication") with each other, and generally being with each other watching the waves. Formal nights help us to do something special for each other (she looks so great!). We take time for dancing each night.

As for cruises, Med cruises tend to be port intensive and tiring. Caribbean cruises are relaxing.

Our most romantic was for our special wedding anniversary (our 30th) where we took a Tahiti - Hawaii cruise on the Pacific Princess II. Great little intimate ship, and the itinerary was laid back, allowing us plenty of time to be with each other. The romance of the cruise peaked in Hawaii (Nawiliwili (sp?)) with a luau and repeating of our wedding vows. And we got lei'ed!

Princess provides the opportunity and the settings - you and your loved one provide the romance!

My daughter and her husband fall in this category.......no shower......but there are lakes and rivers..........;);):D:D

Personally, I wouldn't suggest a port intensive cruise unless it involves beaches or relaxation. Life is busy. To me, romance means having time for each other.

That is a fantastic point! As long as we're together, I'll be happy. This is my second chance at love, and I'm very excited to experience this together.

As others have said romance is what you make it.

We find cabins with enclosed balconies (not exposed to viewing by others) to set the stage for quiet breakfasts on the balcony, conversation (lest I say "communication") with each other, and generally being with each other watching the waves. Formal nights help us to do something special for each other (she looks so great!). We take time for dancing each night.

As for cruises, Med cruises tend to be port intensive and tiring. Caribbean cruises are relaxing.

Our most romantic was for our special wedding anniversary (our 30th) where we took a Tahiti - Hawaii cruise on the Pacific Princess II. Great little intimate ship, and the itinerary was laid back, allowing us plenty of time to be with each other. The romance of the cruise peaked in Hawaii (Nawiliwili (sp?)) with a luau and repeating of our wedding vows. And we got lei'ed!

Princess provides the opportunity and the settings - you and your loved one provide the romance!

That sounds wonderful.....especially the getting "lei'ed" part. I love it...thank you.

Archived