I fell off the Independence and lived to tell about!

So my sister and I were riding on the ferris wheel at the top of the Independence of the Seas, and it broke, and we all fell off of it and into the sea!

...at least, that's what happened in my dream last night. I think I'm have pre-vacation anxiety dreams!

(And yes, I know there is no ferris wheel on top of the Independence, but wouldn't it be kinda cool if there were one????)

My only cruise related nightmare is being in the middle of the Nassau straw Market, its 100 degrees and I can' find the exit and every aisle is packed with people wanting my money.

I always dream that vacation is over and I forgot to take any pictures. I hate that dream!

I had that dream so many times! We are going on our honeymoon cruise in August and about a month before my wedding (we got married the end of May) I was having nightmares about it being the last night aboard the Allure and not having seen majority of the ship. I was waking up so freaked out! Most brides have nightmares about wedding mishaps. I was having nightmares about my honeymoon!! :)

Funny! (ya got me... I was thinking, "ferris wheel?! what the...?")

I've had several dreams just prior to cruising, none quite like that though. The worst I had was about my mom and I being left behind in port.... she's actually quite afraid of this happening. In the dream, her and I were across the island shopping when I suddenly realized I had lost track of time. We ran like crazy but arrived at an empty pier and the back end of our ship off in the distance. All I could think was "oh dear God, she is gonna KILL me!". We immediately started asking around for a way to get to the next port, via boat or private plane. There was no one able to take us by boat, we were directed to small airport. We dug through our bags - no passports. @%*#! Just when you think it can't get worse..... The airport "terminal" was this little shack, and behind the counter was a sign on the wall.... $10,000 per person for a flight to next port. You know that "I have REALLY screwed myself now" feeling???? Yeah.

Thankfully, I woke up. Still makes me laugh. Took me several weeks to tell my mother about the dream for fear she'd never get off the ship again. :D I imagine the next wave of dreams will begin any night now...

My only cruise related nightmare is being in the middle of the Nassau straw Market, its 100 degrees and I can' find the exit and every aisle is packed with people wanting my money.

Are you sure you were sleeping......:eek:

Reminds me of Labadee....

Funny - that was my first thought. It wasn't a dream, it was a flashback to Labadee!:eek:

I had that dream so many times! We are going on our honeymoon cruise in August and about a month before my wedding (we got married the end of May) I was having nightmares about it being the last night aboard the Allure and not having seen majority of the ship. I was waking up so freaked out! Most brides have nightmares about wedding mishaps. I was having nightmares about my honeymoon!! :)

...That's funny, our first cruise Oct 25 1998 was our honeymoon. And guess what a category 5 hurricane Mitch got to our destination before us..(Cozumel and Grand Cayman.) We ended up hugging the coast of Florida and going to Key West and Bahamas instead but hey it was our honeymoon and what's not to like!!!! I guess we weren't deterred 14 cruises later!!!Whoo Hooo.

(And yes, I know there is no ferris wheel on top of the Independence, but wouldn't it be kinda cool if there were one????)

I like to fancy myself a daredevil (okay, not really), but I think that being at the top of a ferris wheel on a ship would freak me out! The combination of the wind and probably being able to only see ocean on either side would be enough to send me into major panic attacks! :)

I had a dream that I convinced a friend and her husband to go on a cruise with my husband and I because we found a crazy sale on NCL... We booked a balcony for $8!

Ahh... If only life were as good as dreams :P

ACK!!! I've had that nightmare, too! LOL

:eek: Well I guess it was your honeymoon so we know where you were :D

From the article, ' ' However, the president of the Collectivite d'Outre Mer de Saint Martin, the governmental authority for the St. Martin section of the island, told the newspaper he did not want to speculate about whether the brakes on the bus may have given out. "There was no conclusive evidence that the accident was caused by malfunctioning brakes," he said. . . . ' '

I've driven a car that the brakes went out. And there's was no doubt in my mind either.

Safety in other countries is weird. In 1984, we were in a small plane in China that ran out of regular seats, so they hauled in lawn chairs, and the extra passengers sat in them.

My dream is a cruise ship driving on land looking for the ocean.

The other is DH and I are seperated and the ship is leaving port and I dont know where he is. Which is stupid because on a cruise we are always together.

I also dream a lot about being on a cruise with my parents which I did as a kid but they have been dead for 3 years.

Just last night my DH had a dream that he was on Allure and we had stored a bunch of stuff in a cubby by the pool deck (as if:rolleyes:) and it got taken away by the crew. Unfortunately, included in the missing stuff was our documentation to get off the ship so the Captain was yelling at him:eek:

We leave for the Galapagos in 3 weeks so def an anxiety dream ( not on Allure of course, but who knows why he dreamt that:confused:)

Archived