Luggage Tags and Priority for Prior Cruisers?

kenmii

Hi All-

I have just printed our luggage tags and noticed that my parents have their captains circle level printed on their. Do prior cruisers get priority in luggage handling? Should I label all our luggage with their luggage tags?

Thanks!

There is no need to put a tag on any hand luggage you are carrying aboard yourself.

Unless you are prone to setting hand luggage down and then forgetting it. Just a belt and suspenders kind of thing ...

However, your parents will have priority boarding the ship, have a pre-boarding waiting area, a priority check-in line and be the first to board the ship. That's what the priority is for and what they have earned by being past passengers.

However, your parents will have priority boarding the ship, have a pre-boarding waiting area, a priority check-in line and be the first to board the ship. That's what the priority is for and what they have earned by being past passengers.

Is this for all past passengers or just platinum and elite's? I am going on my second cruise, so I'm a lowly Gold member. I did notice it was on my luggage tag, but assume that I would not have any priority boarding, right?

I am going on my second cruise, so I'm a lowly Gold member. I did notice it was on my luggage tag, but assume that I would not have any priority boarding, right?

Don't fret…priority boarding is not a big deal IMHO.

Lew

Don't fret…priority boarding is not a big deal IMHO.

Lew

No problem--I've been known to go to the "lowly first cruiser" line even though I do have priority boarding on another line just because it had less wait time!

Correct

Not necessarily. You would think yes, but one time out of San Pedro we were told that because one member of our party wasn't Elite pr Platinum that we could board without them or wait with them. She wouldn't let us use the lounge either. Since that person was a minor fat chance of us boarding without him.

BUT your answer should have been correct. :D

Just purchased 24 inch suitcases. Can we carry these on board ourselves? Will these fit through security scanners at the port.

Next cruise out of Brooklyn port.

Thanks

24" fits quite well, unless it has a monster expansion.

Not necessarily. You would think yes, but one time out of San Pedro we were told that because one member of our party wasn't Elite pr Platinum that we could board without them or wait with them. She wouldn't let us use the lounge either. Since that person was a minor fat chance of us boarding without him.

Minors never enter it. You should have persisted loudly. You evidently encountered a dummy.

Since no one under 18 can be Platinum or Elite (even if 15 plus cruises), that would say no platinum or elite family with children could take advantage of the benefit.

Obviously the representative who did this did not know the proper rules.

Archived