Luggage to airport

shofer

I read somewhere on these boards of a program where you pay and they take your luggage directly to the airport from the ship. What is it called and how much is it.?

We have an early flight in Vancouver and concerned about making it on time. Express check out is not an option as I don't think us 2 girls could manage the luggage on our own.

Sue

I read somewhere on these boards of a program where you pay and they take your luggage directly to the airport from the ship. What is it called and how much is it.?

We have an early flight in Vancouver and concerned about making it on time. Express check out is not an option as I don't think us 2 girls could manage the luggage on our own.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I think you are referring to E-Z check. If it is available in Vancouver, you will receive the information on board when you get all your information for disembarkation (usually 3-4 days before you get off). You can always talk with the purser's office also.

Sue I'm not sure if you are asking about the Luggage valet program which is when you pay I think approx $20 pp for 2 bags to be transported to the airport. From what I understand it's usually for flights after a certain time...I think noon. I'm not sure but you can check. They ship will usually mention something in your paperwork around mid week (left in your room). Not all airlines participate. You put your luggage out in the hallway the last night (like everyone else does).....then the next time you see it will be when you get to your final destination. It's a great service. But I'm not sure if it would work for the two of you due to your flight leaving early.

You can double check with the cruise line and see if it would work for you. I hope you have a great cruise!:D

EZ-Check (not Luggage Valet which is to send luggage from your home to the ship and costs between $90-250/bag) is available only for flights after a certain time. I don't know what that time is in Vancouver but it's 11:30am for a flight out of FLL, 1:30pm out of MIA. It's not for early flights so I wouldn't count on being accepted for it.

Pam...you are such a sweety. I've seen you on many of the threads and you are always wonderful with sharing your knowledge. I've been wanting to tell you Thanks so much.

Sue

It's not for early flights so I wouldn't count on being accepted for it.

I can guarantee it will not be available for a flight that is so early you are concerned you will not make it.

I can guarantee it will not be available for a flight that is so early you are concerned you will not make it.

Kinda ditto. The trick is to get as early a disembarkation time as possible. Return your disembarkation form ASAP, and if you don't get as early a color as you'd like, ask the CS desk for a reassignment.

Unless you're very unlucky, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to find your luggage at the pier and get it to your airport transport. If that minor delay might make you late, maybe you should reconsider your flight time.

I think I was referring to Luggage Valet but obviously that is not an option for us. Looks like we might try EZ check but will definitely be in the first group off.

We are hopeful since this is the same flight Princess Air uses which our TA checked for us. They must expect this to be a feasible option.

Thanks everyone for all your input. Lots of time yet to anticipate this trip.

Sue

I think I was referring to Luggage Valet but obviously that is not an option for us. Looks like we might try EZ check but will definitely be in the first group off.

We are hopeful since this is the same flight Princess Air uses which our TA checked for us. They must expect this to be a feasible option.

Sue

I would check with the CS desk to make sure but I say Enjoy your trip and let the Travel agent worry about the connections.:D

Looks like we might try EZ check but will definitely be in the first group off.

Sue

For a flight as early as you indicated, EZCheck will not be available to you.

There is no connection between the time Princess considers to be OK for a flight and the time EZCheck is valid.

And, by the way, EZCheck is not offered for every port and not for every airline. I do not know if it is offered in Vancouver and if it is, if it is available for international flights to the USA.

A couple of observations from our June disembarkation from the Island in Vancouver:

- EZ Chek was not offered at all.

- There was no flexibility in terms of disembarkation group assignment. I talked extensively with the Passenger Services desk about our assignment due to the tight connect between disembarkation and flight time(I never would have chosen the tight connect, however, the airline moved the flight time forward by over an hour) and the physical limitations of some of my party (2 of the 5 should have used a wheelchair, but refused). I was told that prior to delivery of the disembarkation tags to the staterooms, information about the disembarkation groups had been provided to Canadian Immigration & Customs and there was no way to make changes.

I have no way to confirm the truth of the information that I was provided - just my experience. Of course, your mileage may vary...

A couple of observations from our June disembarkation from the Island in Vancouver:

- EZ Chek was not offered at all.

- There was no flexibility in terms of disembarkation group assignment. I talked extensively with the Passenger Services desk about our assignment due to the tight connect between disembarkation and flight time(I never would have chosen the tight connect, however, the airline moved the flight time forward by over an hour) and the physical limitations of some of my party (2 of the 5 should have used a wheelchair, but refused). I was told that prior to delivery of the disembarkation tags to the staterooms, information about the disembarkation groups had been provided to Canadian Immigration & Customs and there was no way to make changes.

I have no way to confirm the truth of the information that I was provided - just my experience. Of course, your mileage may vary...

That is a shame, I hope you made your connections.:D

And, by the way, EZCheck is not offered for every port and not for every airline. I do not know if it is offered in Vancouver and if it is, if it is available for international flights to the USA.

It is not offered in Vancouver.

I sure wish Princess would list the ports and airlines that participate in the EZ Check service on their website. Princess if your listing, please, please!!!!

We used it in March in FLL and it was wonderful. Does anyone know if Southwest Airlines participates at LAX?

Pam is always so knowledgable and willing to share it- princess should reward with a free cruise or FCC!

Now that would be a memorable visit from the 'Upgrade Fairy'. Or maybe it is a visit by the 'Free cruise Fairy' , I didn't even know that they existed.:D

I don't know how true this is but we fly out of Syracuse, N.Y. even though we live in Canada (cheap flights) and we were told that not all airlines offer EZ check. Also it is only offered if your flights are within the U.S. and if you have connecting flights, they have to be the same airline all the way through to your final destination in the U.S. Last cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale with Delta we didn't get anything about EZ check in our cabin. I hope it was an oversight as we are using Delta again for our November cruise. I love EZ check and it is well worth the money as far as I'm concerned.

If you go through immigrations and customs in Vancouver as you quite often do in other Canadian border airports, I feel pretty sure they CAN'T offer this service.

That makes sense.:D

They used to offer a program which had many names - one being US Direct. It would take you directly from the ship to the airport and customs was done as a breeze as there was no way to "deviate and say you spent time in Canada". It was like they sealed the bus and then Customs people would come on briefly and next thing you know, you would be at your gate at the airport (and your luggage just arrived back home with no concerns). The program varied from year to year but it was awesome and a piece of cake.

Not sure what happened but it was discontinued last year and wasn't introduced this year. I hear the airlines and cruise lines didn't want to pay for the program. In the mean time, I have to say that the Vancouver improved their service which may have been why it was no longer needed. For example, one time when I didn't use US Direct, I had to haul my luggage through customs for what seemed like an hour. Now, they tag your bags and go down a hall and then give your bags to baggage people and then go through Customs. It was so easy doing it this year.

So technically they can offer a service in Vancouver and did for a number of years but recently discontinued it.

We'll be arriving at Rome FCO in Sept on the day before our cruise. We'd prefer to send our big bags directly to the ship and just lug our carry-ons to our hotel in Rome. Any service that would do this for us?

That's what Luggage Valet does for a minimum of$100 per bag.

The luggage is picked up at your home a week before the cruise and must only contain clothing due to customs regulations. You next see the luggage in your cabin.

Archived