Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

I always wondered how Mrs. Howell happened to have 6 fur coats with her and why Ginger wore a floor length, clingy, sequined formal gown on a 3 hour small boat tour. :) Also always wondered how MaryAnn made coconut cream pies with no cream. Just little nonsense things that make you go Hmmmmm?

It was before they relaxed the formal nights to "whatever you want to wear" nights!:D

anybody ever wonder why the Howells were even on that boat. I mean they were filthy stinking rich right. Why didn't they own their own yaht?

They boarded the Minnow in error. They thought it was their dinghy (that would take them out to their anchored yacht). It was all a big mistake... :eek:

Tom

I bought it this morning for our Liberty cruise in November. We cruise several different lines, so although this will be our 10th cruise, it's not our 10th on Carnival. For me, just being able to enjoy our aft wrap that much sooner is worth every penny! (We board between 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.)

Here's what we get:

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here’s what it includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines & have exclusive security screening lanes. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the General Boarding line & board via the Faster to the Fun lane. The quicker you are on the ship, the quicker you get to hold a frosty drink.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone & line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

This means that, for those of us who have not quite reached Platinum or Diamond, and are not willing to pay the $50, will have shorter lines at the regular check-in line!!! Yipee! Maybe we'll be on board before all those who paid the extra! We still will not have access to our cabin ahead of time but what the heck, we're used to this and don't mind the short wait. LOLOLOLOLOL

I called CCL and asked if this would be avail for the Fascination in Nov, as we would do this since we are not platinum. They couldn't tell me anything, advised it hadn't been announced yet. I hope it is! I will keep checking.

I keep hoping the pride will have it in January so I can surprise my friends :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Looks like we STILL don't have any firm idea as to how many slots/cabins Carnival will offer for F2F, or if it will vary based on the numbers of Plat/Diamond cruisers already booked.

One of the members of our CC roll call was told there were 100 slots for our sailing...which would potentially make F2F a $50 mistake. A hundred slots would mean approximately 250-300 extra people, based on slightly over 2 people average per cabin. :eek:

So what did they "clarify" the boarding time to be for FTTF?

As far as I know, everyone's F2F was changed to 11am-noon. Our roll call booked 9 or 10 slots, and everyone (including me) saw 11am.

YOU really don't understand economics, do YOU? Your [sic] forgetting that its [sic] not just demand that powers the equation, it is supply. Carnival has more ships than any other cruise line and every single one of them sails full [...]

Well, that's the official line, but it is not always true.

My last cruise in January on Imagination was nowhere near full; not only did the porters mention it at embarkation ("Shouldn't be too long getting your luggage to your cabin, the ship isn't full"), but the head chef confirmed we were sailing at only about 80% full during the Behind the Fun tour. "Normally we purchase $120k in food supplies for this cruise, but on this sailing we only needed $90k because we're not sailing full."

When he said this, there was a ripple of surprise amongst us tour participants, because two of them had been told the ship was full and had been denied a cabin change/upgrade.

An interesting answer from CCL representative for certain.

If someone were allowed to book this new special 'excursion' at the time of boarding/check-in . . . (bummer #1) the luggage previously given to the porters would not have the proper identification to get the expedited delivery to their cabin, and (bummer #2) they'd have to miss the VIP entry through Security in order to reach the check-in personnel to purchase the PerkPass, or whatever its new official designation.

I'm not too surprised about this confusion. I called Carnival about F2F, and the hapless CSR had NO clue what F2F was. She put me on hold for 7 minutes (!), finally came back and admitted that she had checked with two supervisors and really didn't have any answers for me. :confused:

I don't mean to come across as a Carnival hater here, either. I really enjoyed my cruise in January (the itinerary, not so much) and I'm looking forward to our upcoming cruise in six weeks. I'm REALLLLY curious to see how F2F will play out for us.

Also looking forward to the feed back on this one. We are contemplating it for our Pride cruise at Spring Break next year. Speaking of which, generally does anyone know the earliest you can board the Pride, I'm under the impression this ship docks later than most others.

Did I read somewhere that 8/25 was a pilot date for one of the ships?

Any feedback?

Wasnt Tampa and the Imagination one of them.

I wonder if they will get refunds?

Also looking forward to the feed back on this one. We are contemplating it for our Pride cruise at Spring Break next year. Speaking of which, generally does anyone know the earliest you can board the Pride, I'm under the impression this ship docks later than most others.

We were on by noon when I sailed in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Did I read somewhere that 8/25 was a pilot date for one of the ships?

Any feedback?

I think you are correct . . . and, if so, Carnival Imagination will have a challenge in making their initial roll-out work today.

(Isn't that one of the two initial ships?)

I think you are correct . . . and, if so, Carnival Imagination will have a challenge in making their initial roll-out work today.

Well that will be interesting.....

(yes the Imagination was one of the two)

Alot of good it did to pay for early boarding with it being delayed to day till 8pm:eek: Its going to be a huge CF

In case you signed up for FTTF and are interested, I just posted pics of what the travel doc's look like in another thread called FTTF Documents. It is indicated on both the luggage tag and the boarding pass so there should be no confusion or argument.

Hope this helps!

JNP

Alot of good it did to pay for early boarding with it being delayed to day till 8pm:eek: Its going to be a huge CF

Hopefully Carnival Corp offered a stong contengency plan/answer to those working the POM terminal desks, and won't make them flounder with answers all on their own.

Wait . . . I typed before I really thought that idea through. :o

Hopefully Carnival Corp offered a stong contengency plan/answer to those working the POM terminal desks, and won't make them flounder with answers all on their own.

Wait . . . I typed before I really thought that idea through. :o

LOL!

Tom

They will just be able to make it to dinner on time instead of lunch. Well late dinner, maybe. Well maybe not how bout midnight buffet? Oh I forgot they cut those out. Breakfast? No that is now brunch. So that is it! They will be 1st at the brunch comedy show!Oh shut I don't think The Imagination has one darn! Lets see? Got it! They will be 1st to get in line for the watch and crappy jewelry sell this way they can spend their money 1st!! (:

On a serious note I do hope all will find great time in front of them and the worst behind and have a great cruise!

Have a few questions

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

If the MDR has specific times what does "Priority" mean?

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Can any one clarify this one to me? Does this mean that as soon as the ship docks at a port you have first dibs at getting off? Wouldn't that be the case if you were standing there ready and able already?

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

What does "late" mean? Can I stay in the cabin as long as I want?

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

What exactly do they mean by "Express"? With this package you are the first to board?

Once clearance is received to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

By this statement....you still have to wait.....which exactly isn't express, is it?

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Isn't this normal? Why pay extra for it? If you don't buy the package Guest Services puts you on hold?

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

What time frame? What hour after you board will the luggage be delievered? 3 hours after you board?

What time does luggage normal arrive at your cabin?

Archived