Orange Juice

Breaking News:

Royal Caribbean has announced that the kitchen appliance/tool the fruit juicer is now on the prohibited item list do the the numerous safety concerns of their cruisers using a knife to cut open a piece of citrus fruit on a floating ship. Several reports also state the lack of overpriced juice being sold on board having a major say in the painful decision to ban the juicer.

Breaking News:

Royal Caribbean has announced that the kitchen appliance/tool the fruit juicer is now on the prohibited item list do the the numerous safety concerns of their cruisers using a knife to cut open a piece of citrus fruit on a floating ship. Several reports also state the lack of overpriced juice being sold on board having a major say in the painful decision to ban the juicer.

smilielol5.gif

Breaking News:

Just get a JuicerRunner.:rolleyes:

$10 on Amazon. Grab a knife from the MDR :) We made fresh-squeezed on our balcony every day.

To each (or her) own I guess. I can't see bothering to go get the fruit, then make the inevitable mess of my hands and the juicer, then to be stuck with the sticky rinds and pulp. Wash the contraption in the bathroom sink....

If I want juice that bad, $3.99 seems perfectly reasonable to me.

It always strikes me as somewhat tacky when they try to push pay-OJ. One thing I do prefer about being Elite on Celebrity ... fresh squeezed OJ available in the morning in Michael's.

Also the way the prey on people that don't know you have to pay.

They come around and ask if you would like some, give it to you, and then a few minutes later spring a check for you to sign. Gotcha

Sort of sneaky...

To each (or her) own I guess. I can't see bothering to go get the fruit, then make the inevitable mess of my hands and the juicer, then to be stuck with the sticky rinds and pulp. Wash the contraption in the bathroom sink....

If I want juice that bad, $3.99 seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I dont understand the 3.99 pricing anyway. It was 2.50 + 15% on all my cruises so far :confused: My mother loves fresh OJ. She was perfectly fine with paying for it and thought it was worth it. Me? Not so much. Im not a big OJ fan anyway.

It always strikes me as somewhat tacky when they try to push pay-OJ. One thing I do prefer about being Elite on Celebrity ... fresh squeezed OJ available in the morning in Michael's.
Grapefruit juice too, as I recall. You can't even get any kind of grapefruit juice on RCCL. I can also recall a time on Holland-America ships when there was freshly squeezed orange juice in the buffet. They had the machine behind the counter. Oddly enough, it wasn't available in the mdr. But I would truly be surprised if they are still offering it for free.

Grapefruit juice too, as I recall. You can't even get any kind of grapefruit juice on RCCL. I can also recall a time on Holland-America ships when there was freshly squeezed orange juice in the buffet. They had the machine behind the counter. Oddly enough, it wasn't available in the mdr. But I would truly be surprised if they are still offering it for free.

Fresh squeezed was still free on HAL in February.

You know what? This may be somewhat controversial but I'm not entirely certain that the juice in the WJ is from concentrate. I think it's powdered, I really do. It doesn't have the "tang" that some powdered drinks do (hehe, see what I did there? :p:D )but it sure doesn't taste like any concentrated OJ that I've ever had. *shrug*

At all meals or just for breakfast?

In the Windjammer at breakfast they serve orange juice, apple juice, and I think some sort of fruity punch (maybe not)? At lunch and dinner it's fruit punch, lemonade, and unsweetened iced tea.

You know what? This may be somewhat controversial but I'm not entirely certain that the juice in the WJ is from concentrate. I think it's powdered, I really do. It doesn't have the "tang" that some powdered drinks do (hehe, see what I did there? :p:D )but it sure doesn't taste like any concentrated OJ that I've ever had. *shrug*

In the Windjammer at breakfast they serve orange juice, apple juice, and I think some sort of fruity punch (maybe not)? At lunch and dinner it's fruit punch, lemonade, and unsweetened iced tea.

When I order room service breakfast I ask for extra glasses of juice (orange and cranberry) and keep them in the fridge for later since there would be a charge for them after 10 am. I also ask for large glasses and I get a water goblet. Once when I had a cold I ordered so much juice they served it in a Pilsner glass!

As for the o.j., it seems to be concentrate but a lot of times in the Windjammer it is over- diluted. Whereas, sometimes in the mdr it is under-dilated and is too sweet. They also seem to never have enough chilled juice and serve it with ice cubes which drives me crazy. You'd think by now they would know how much juice to have ready in the a.m. They're not exactly new to the business.

Archived