Elite Laundy Bag - Free?

Sascol

I have tried searching the forum and also looked on the Celebrity website and I am getting some conflicting info.

We are Elite CC members taking a 14 night cruise. Do we each get a FREE bag of laundry? I thought so, but according to the Celebrity website, "On cruises 12 nights or more, Elite members receive one standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at the discounted price of US $20."

I find this hard to bellieve because last year we were Select status and got the same deal. Should the deal as Elite not be a step up?

With each sailing you will receive a bag of free laundry. Additionally, on sailings of 12 nights or or longer you can get another bag done for $20. This is per elite passenger, not per cabin.

OK that makes sense, thank you. It is not clear at all on the Celebrity website though.

Each elite passenger gets a sheet of coupons.....the free laundry is one of the coupons as is the free minutes of internet time.

The Elite laundry coupons include: Wash, dry and Fold 30 items; One free item dry cleaned;Pressing for 2 items.

I believe the coupon reads 30 items of laundry for free. A pair of socks (2 items) = 1 item. :D

Some sailings where they have water restrictions, it's limited, so you need to check in advance.

The dry cleaning coupon reads one item. I send out my tux and mark on the slip "1 tux." Have not had a problem.

I believe the coupon reads 30 items of laundry for free. A pair of socks (2 items) = 1 item. :D

Some sailings where they have water restrictions, it's limited, so you need to check in advance.

The dry cleaning coupon reads one item. I send out my tux and mark on the slip "1 tux." Have not had a problem.

I have been on 2 European cruises where one was restricted to 20 items due to local restrictions. My last 3 European cruises had the 30 item coupon. The laundy list indicates "pairs of socks" so each pair is 1 item. No problem with tux either.

I have been on 2 European cruises where one was restricted to 20 items due to local restrictions. My last 3 European cruises had the 30 item coupon. The laundy list indicates "pairs of socks" so each pair is 1 item. No problem with tux either.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's been my experience also.

Have they lowered the laundry to 20 items....it has always been 30 items on our many celebrity cruises.

Only on some cruises where there are local water and/or cleaning restrictions. The normal amout is 30 items.

Have they lowered the laundry to 20 items....it has always been 30 items on our many celebrity cruises.

Alaska is a "Water restricted" run, so it gets a 20 item coupon. Most get a 30 item coupon.

Harris

Denver, CO

That's what we thought too but just got back from the Baltic and got 30 items each. Also got 30 on the Iceland Norway cruise. However when we were in the Med last year we only got 20 items. Go figure. Also you must use the coupon before the last 3 full days of the cruise. They don"t count the day of disembarkation as a day. When in doubt ask your room steward. Also you might want to ask that them to do your wash in cold water since I have heard some say their clothes came back smaller. (Might be from over eating and not the laundry's fault)

That's what we thought too but just got back from the Baltic and got 30 items each. Also got 30 on the Iceland Norway cruise. However when we were in the Med last year we only got 20 items. Go figure. Also you must use the coupon before the last 3 full days of the cruise. They don"t count the day of disembarkation as a day. When in doubt ask your room steward. Also you might want to ask that them to do your wash in cold water since I have heard some say their clothes came back smaller. (Might be from over eating and not the laundry's fault)

Sadly, the crew puts out whatever they are handed by whoever pulls the sheets out of the storeroom. The head housekeeper, the person I keep tipping but have never met, should be responsible to make sure that the coupons are the correct ones for the cruise. Alas...apparently no one is in charge of this.

Archived