My Dear Husband

esther e

Esther

I did not have the pleasure of cruising with your dear husband but I want to add my condolences to those already posted. I hope the wonderful memories of cruising together with sustain you in these difficult days and you can take comfort from the fact that your cruising family will be here for you on land and at sea in the weeks, months and years to come

I have become "friends" with many of you on this forum and just want to let you know my husband and best friend passed away this afternoon. He will be dearly missed more than you can imagine.

I'm very sorry you have lost your husband.

Please know my heart is with you.

We have had recent widows and widowers sit with us in the MDR. Then visit around the ship.

Cruising is good for some who grieve. You might consider whether the open sea and friends on your roll call might smooth your sadness by sharing memories while at sea, giving you may hugs, and lending many a heartfelt ear.

Deepest sympathy is contained here in my post.

(((((((((hugs))))))))) from -Marisa

Esther, I'm new to the Celebrity forum, having been years on the Princess pages. Although I've never even seen a post of yours other than this one, reading your comment asking your roll call to raise a glass for you brought tears to my eyes. Please hang in there and know that there are even strangers thinking of you today and wishing you comfort.

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's wonderful that you have so many fine and quality memories with your husband and from traveling together. We didn't get to cruise with you, but hopefully our paths will cross in the future.

THANKS! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 100,904 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived