Nervier Forget.....

richsea

...those who lost their lives and the thousands and thousands of friends and relatives whose lives will be forever changed as a result of those tragic events of September 11, 2001; as well as the first responders who continue to suffer health problems resulting from their heroic efforts in the weeks & months afterward.

Never forget the hatred that led to those towers falling. Never forget the sacrifice of those who gave their lives as heroes. Never forget the compassion shared by the Nation in the weeks following. Never forget September 11, 2001.

God Bless America!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photo. I'll never forget sailing past Lower Manhattan on Zenith to Bermuda in the summer of 2002, with Zenith saluting with her foghorn as we passed the World Trade Center. There was total silence on deck sas we sailed by. It was a very moving experience.

I will never forget that day. I was driving west on rte. 78 in NJ listening to the traffic report. The helicopter reporter noticed an explosion by the WTC and said it appeared that a small plane had crashed. I looked in the rear view mirror, saw a mushroom cloud of smoke rising and knew at that moment it was no small plane.

Driving home from work that day, I saw a convoy of emergency vehicles heading north on the Garden State Parkway. It must have been a mile long. I felt sadness, but a huge amount of pride for our volunteers and rescue personnel who would spend weeks at Ground Zero hoping to pull someone's loved one out of there.

One can never forget that day and will always recall what they were doing when first hearing the news just like JFK was killed.

I will also never forget how eerie it ws going into downtown Chi the next day for work and seeing no planes in the sky. I saw the three skyscrapers here, the Hancock, Sears Tower and the Aon building and sort of in deifiance raised my fist. Been doing that every time I see them even to this day.

Those who do such acts are really killing themselves. They just don't know it.

God Bless America!

I was on a flight to Florida that had left about an hour before from Pittsburgh. We were forced to land in Greensboro and waited 3 days for a flight. At least we were safe and out of harm's way.

A college friend called me a few weeks later to tell me that the point of the second plane to hit the Trade Center was right at his brother's window. For the first time in years his brother decided not to go into the office that day.

I'm sure we all have stories.

We will never forget! We will always remember those who lost their lives on that horrible day and all those who have served/continue to serve to keep us safe at home & abroad – whether a first responder or a service member, they put themselves in harms way for all of us.

Absolutely, we should never forget!

I apologize in advance if this comes off negative, but I am so appalled, I have to state it.

NBC's Today Show, instead of acknowleding the moment of silence as other stations did. . .as our President did. . .as so many people throughout the world did--at the exact moment that the first plane struck the first tower, were busy interviewing Kris Kardashian Jenner about her breast implants and her lovely family.

Is it me?

I have never written a post on any paparazzi site, but I couldn't contain my fingers. I posted this on E Online tonight:

E did not acknowledge the huge story that NBC Today Show ignored the 9/11 moment of silence and instead had Kris Jenner on to talk about her breast implants? Just how much money does E (and Secrest) make on the Ks?

Do any of them have a conscious, or is it just a game to see just how much money they all can make and spend?

Dear God (and I'm not even religious).

While I'm at it (and I have never posted a response on ANY such site), why are the Kardashians relevant in any way. . .such a disgusting, no sensitivity case of conspicuous consumption. . .all while people are out of work and struggling to meet basic needs. I've never watched a show. . .I only know who they are because I live life and can't avoid their names.

When, pray tell me, are people going to stop rewarding this gluttony family for their obscene lack of sensitivity. . .for their very lack of humanity??

Sorry again for the negativity. My heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones and for all those heroes who lost their lives trying to save others.

Unfortunately as time goes on more and more media will ignore the tragic events of 9/11. On CNBC they showed the front pages of two New York newspapers. One featured 9/11 the other said nothing. Perhaps they believe that once we passed the tenth anniversay of the tragic event there was no longer a need to take special note. I disagree, but I don't call the shots. WE should make certain that WE always remember and tell our children and grandchilren the stories of the heros of 9/11.

Unfortunately as time goes on more and more media will ignore the tragic events of 9/11. On CNBC they showed the front pages of two New York newspapers. One featured 9/11 the other said nothing. Perhaps they believe that once we passed the tenth anniversay of the tragic event there was no longer a need to take special note. I disagree, but I don't call the shots. WE should make certain that WE always remember and tell our children and grandchilren the stories of the heros of 9/11.

It was an unusually quiet 9/11 anniversary here in the UK too. I didn't see much on TV at all, though I think there were some late night TV programmes scheduled on the evening of the 10th.

I agree with you about the 10 years passing and the media moving on.

There's no chance that people of our generation will forget that horrendous day and the aftermath. The very words 'nine eleven' are etched on our brains forever.

We should never forget the brave in the past and today! There are many military personnel and civilians risking their lives daily for our freedom, all over the world!

It was very chilling to watch all of the programs yesterday of the events

that happened on 9/11.

Karen

Never forget the compassion shared by the Nation in the weeks following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nations. Plural, not singular. Canada was very much involved too -- many of our citizens died in the attacks, our cities and towns provided landing strips for American planes that were in the air, and our people went to Ground Zero to help with the efforts there.

And I dare say other nations were involved too.

Obviously the U.S. was by far the hardest hit, the most involved, but it wasn't the only one affected.

And yes, I still remember and will continue to remember and will do my part to make sure that future Canadian generations remember.

We should never forget the brave in the past and today! There are many military personnel and civilians risking their lives daily for our freedom, all over the world!

It was very chilling to watch all of the programs yesterday of the events

that happened on 9/11.

Karen

Very well said, Karen. Couldn't agree more.

Only the press here in germany came out with a few sentences and/ or pictures of the newly build WTC one! Some story about a missfortunate museum there as well! Almost no TV Coverage here. Well I suppose this is the way of history. Nevertheless nobody will ever forget!

So I will always remember the very first anniversary. I was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on board Brilliance on westbound TA. The service and the minute of silence in the middle of the ocean where as unforgetable as the day a year before.

Michael

Archived