Chocolate stash.....

TiogaCruiser

Wondering if I can take some of my pillow chocolates home to share with DH.

Will be disembarking in Buenas Aires and flying to DFW. I have read that others have brought some home. ( maybe they drove to the port).

If so, do they have to go in check on luggage ( and risk melting) or in carry on ( and risk confiscation.

No, you can't take any of them home. You have to give them to me! :D

OK, seriously, yes, you can take them home successfully in either fashion. I always put the bulk of mine in the checked luggage, as I don't want any extra weight in my carry-on. They always arrive in fine condition.

Sometimes I receive a chocolate gift after I have finished packing. Those have to go in the carry-on, and again, have never been questioned.

LOL!

We're both chuckling on that. (So my surprise is no longer.:) )

Thanks Ruth!

Laura

If you are considering hoarding chocolate on the same cruise that Ruth is on, do not, under any circumstances, give her your cabin number. :eek:

We always bring home our pillow chocolates for DH to enjoy a piece at a time when he gets a 'hankering'. We put them in our carryon and have never had any problem.

Sssshhh, don't tell Ruth if you plan to have them within easy reach. :D It'll be so hard to refuse if she asks for just a piece or two to 'hold her over'. ;) :D

Inquiring minds want to know what constitutes a bulk?

All the pillow chocolates, except for the last night (remember, I take long cruises, so there are more than a handful) go in the checked bag. I usually ask the cabin steward for 2 per night, as I have to pay double, so should get double chocolates.

Add to that, sometimes others I am traveling with don't want their chocolates, so they give them to me (I carry extra Zip-Lock bags for their convenience ;)).

My personal best was something close to 100 pillow chocolates. :D

All the pillow chocolates, except for the last night (remember, I take long cruises, so there are more than a handful) go in the checked bag. I usually ask the cabin steward for 2 per night, as I have to pay double, so should get double chocolates.

Add to that, sometimes others I am traveling with don't want their chocolates, so they give them to me (I carry extra Zip-Lock bags for their convenience ;)).

You put a big smile on my face.

Wannaful, wannaful, wannaful........ :)

Sssshhh, don't tell Ruth if you plan to have them within easy reach. :D It'll be so hard to refuse if she asks for just a piece or two to 'hold her over'. ;) :D

RuthC never asks! :eek: But if the chocolates are offered.... ;)

We keep a candy dish on our bar (where we used to keep the booze. :)). Our grandkids often help themselves, and that's fine. Till the time we made the mistake of putting our pillow chocolates in that dish. Never gave it a thought, but one visit from the kiddos and they were GONE. Now I hide them in a drawer. I love the grandkids, but there ARE limits. :D

*snip* I usually ask the cabin steward for 2 per night, as I have to pay double, so should get double chocolates.

*snip*).

I'll to remember that when I go on the World Cruise. That will be quite a haul in chocolates...:)

I usually ask the cabin steward for 2 per night, as I have to pay double, so should get double chocolates.

:D[/color]

I'll have to make a note on that to ask for two to cover both my fares. :)

Donna: if the grand kids cleaned you out you've just got to book another cruise!

We get two a night also. One for Sam and one for me. I can't wait till I get home to eat mine. They help to rock me to sleep at night along with the movement of the ocean.

Me too, I cannot imagine being able to stash them away until I got home. And if DH hasn't eaten his within (what I consider) a reasonable length of time (like 5 minutes?) Many times I've eaten his too. :p

RuthC never asks! :eek: But if the chocolates are offered.... ;)

:) :)

We keep a candy dish on our bar (where we used to keep the booze. ). Our grandkids often help themselves, and that's fine. Till the time we made the mistake of putting our pillow chocolates in that dish. Never gave it a thought, but one visit from the kiddos and they were GONE. Now I hide them in a drawer. I love the grandkids, but there ARE limits.

Ditto the above. :) :)

DH usually eats both of our chocolates when he takes his bedtime medications.

I do not care for milk chocolate. And DH has mentioned that the quality of HAL's chocolates are not what they were years ago.

I take my own supply of DARK chocolate to satisfy my fix.

And there are usually some chocolates left and I just put them in our carry-ons.

Another benefit of attending the Cruise Critic meet and greets: Our first night we didn't get our chocolates at turn down. In the Meet and Greet the next morning I asked the Hotel Manager 'when they had stopped putting the chocolates on pillows at turn-down'. He was amazed we didn't get them. Later that evening - on our night stand was a small basked FILLED with gold-wrapped Holland America chocolates.

Ruth, it took us MONTHS to eat them all. :p

Ruth, it took us MONTHS to eat them all. :p

Slacker.

I bring them all home, then parcel them out slowly over a period of time. Maybe 4-5 at a time, but not every night. Every one a memory! :)

We bring ours home and put them in the freezer. I guess no one has thought about them lately since we have 2 freezer bags full of them right now. Since we have 3 in a cabin, they accumulate quickly. Maybe we can give them out for halloween or put them out at Christmas for the kids!

Archived