Chocolate stash.....

TiogaCruiser

I admit I hoard mine too... They leave extra. They are amazing.

Miss Ruth,

I hadnt discovered new chocolate for about 10 years but recently I have.

I did happen to think of telling you :)

Godiva makes a salted carmel bar (Milk) (and I usually do not like milk, only ultra dark)...

They come in a really big bar.. I get them for $3.99 at Micheals (arts and crafts) and after my 40% off coupon, they are like $2.50!!!

Needless to say, I dont even usually eat candy, but these take the cake !!! My DH thinks they are amazing too. And he never eats candy in this manner.

(warm chocolate melting cake is the only thing better)!! :)

Miss Ruth,

I hadnt discovered new chocolate for about 10 years but recently I have.

I did happen to think of telling you :)

Godiva makes a salted carmel bar (Milk) (and I usually do not like milk, only ultra dark)...

They come in a really big bar.. I get them for $3.99 at Micheals (arts and crafts) and after my 40% off coupon, they are like $2.50!!!

Needless to say, I dont even usually eat candy, but these take the cake !!! My DH thinks they are amazing too. And he never eats candy in this manner.

(warm chocolate melting cake is the only thing better)!! :)

Thanks for the tip! :D

I bought the Halloween candy last week, and am having trouble not opening it before the kidlettes come. I tried very hard to buy something I don't like, but that's stretch.

I bought the Halloween candy last week, and am having trouble not opening it before the kidlettes come. I tried very hard to buy something I don't like, but that's stretch.

I'm having the same problem!! I am both diabetic and chocoholic! DW has all the Halloween candy out in a decorator bowl and I'm fighting temptation every minute of every day. Fortunately, we have lots of young families on the street.;)

I take all mine home and take it to work. I am a chocolaholic but the darker the better. Yeah, I am the one who eats the 85% and over chocolate. Frankly, HAL's chocolates are TERRIBLE. I used to work at a candy store where we made our own candies. We would never have carried this waxy, tasteless so-called chocolate. I realize that they have to stock chocolate that won't melt away at the least hint of warmth, but for a Dutch company, this is an embarassment.

So, I actually bring my own chocolate on board for a taste of something really chocolate now and then.

Oh no, you buy what you'd want to eat just in case the kiddies don't come (and with this storm another Halloween may be ruied for the kiddies). And if you do eat it all, you can always switch off the lights and hide... they will think you evacuated! :D

I save most of mine and bring them home. I sail solo, but my stewards usually leave me two per night without asking, as I have never thought to ask about it. Sometimes I will eat a few on board, but most of them make it home. Sometimes I will give some away, others I stash in my "treats" drawer for when I get a craving for a sweet. I still have some chocolates left from my April 2012 cruise on the Veendam.

I am ready for when my husband discovers the opened box. I will tell him we must have mice.

Wondering if I can take some of my pillow chocolates home to share with DH.

Will be disembarking in Buenas Aires and flying to DFW. I have read that others have brought some home. ( maybe they drove to the port).

If so, do they have to go in check on luggage ( and risk melting) or in carry on ( and risk confiscation.

The only reason you might have chocolates confiscated is if they were billed with brandy. Otherwise, chocolate is not a problem. Years ago on a flight back from Europe through New York, my DH was stopped because he had a box of Mon Cheri with him - the European ones are filled with whiskey I think. He proceeded to eat the whole box rather than have it confiscated!! the trip back to Detroit was quite mellow.

We brought them home and I told dh to hide them so I wouldn't eat them. A few weeks later he, who is not tempted, asked me what happened to them. I told him he didn't hide them well enough!!:D

Sounds like our household. :D Except in our case it's other chocolates that DH buys for me. I think I've found all his hiding spots. ;)

The pillow chocolates never, ever make it off the ship. I'm amazed at the willpower of some posters! :D

Our onboard nightly ritual is that DH devoures his pillow chocholate immediately, whereas I put mine in a zip lock in my night stand.

I have chocolates from many cruise lines and they are enjoyed over a very long period of time long after the cruise, but each bite is a memory, as Ruth previously shared.

Celebrity chocolates are my favorites; they have a different flavor each night, each piece sealed in a foil wrapper, so they keep well. Some are dark chocolate, like the ginger-passion flower, and some are milk like the caramel or expresso. All delightful!

But, as with any line, and any flavor, I've never had a bad pillow chocolate! m--

You all have made me laugh and smile reading these....and then....I JUST remembered that I put a few away in the refrigerator from my last cruise a little over a year ago !! :eek: I had forgotten them :eek:

Hee, hee.....went and got one....and mmmmmmmm.....is it ever good;):):p

Thanks for reminding me that I still had some :D

We bring ours home and put them in the freezer. I guess no one has thought about them lately since we have 2 freezer bags full of them right now. Since we have 3 in a cabin, they accumulate quickly. Maybe we can give them out for halloween or put them out at Christmas for the kids!

Thats too funny. I remember one Hollween we just got back from a cruise. We never had any trick or treaters so I dont buy candy but that year the doorbell rang and yes it was a trick or treater, I felt bad that I did not have anything I thought oh well giving one away would not hurt. That year we had about 12 to 15 trick or treaters at my door. There went all my candy....

Sounds like our household. :D Except in our case it's other chocolates that DH buys for me. I think I've found all his hiding spots. ;)

The pillow chocolates never, ever make it off the ship. I'm amazed at the willpower of some posters! :D

Hah! What willpower??? I won't suffer........... I know where the good chocolate truffles are kept! 0;-D

Hope your going trick or treating tonight. Ask Richard to help you get dressed.

No dressing up here tonight.

It is kinda weird when so much of the city and metro area are without power or flooded that in our neighborhood the kids were out trick-a-treating.

Archived