Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Cruise lines are in business for one reason...to make money. Could this be in response to Princess "saying" they are going to crack down on their somewhat hands off approach to bringing wine on board by now restricting people to one bottle per person?

Get on a level playing field with Princess and hope for more market share?

Hmm.

Edited by gcvt

Pardon my enthusiasm for just a moment....

ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!

We now return you to your normal message board activities. Thank you.

:D

Ha ha ha ha ha:D .....so funny and SO true!

I have sailed Carnival and Disney who could give a rats butt less and its so nice to see RCCL finally getting with it!

:p

Fandabidozeeeeeee!

At last RCI have seen they are disadvantaging their passengers with their ultra strict alcohol policy.

We have taken wine on board Disney, Princess & Carnival and at last now Royal :-)

There is only one thing that annoys me about Royal now compared to others ( no self serve laundry) but all n all they are my favourites.

Yay! This is a change for the better.

I wonder if this will mean that their rule on ship purchased liquor will also change to reflect Celebrity's rules? Celebrity allows you to buy a bottle in their duty free shop and take it back to your cabin too. Now that would be really nice. :D

When were you able to do that? Perhaps you are referencing the fact that you can buy a bottle from room service or precruise?

Based on my Celebrity experience you cannot buy a bottle at the duty free shop and consume it in your cabin.

Wonderful!! We are cruising Vision in January and were looking at going back to HAL next - wine policy being one of the reasons. We usually take a box (or2), a box being 3 litres. So, is that not allowed? Probably not, but I can't see us in the naughty room measuring and pouring out the other 2 litres!

This quoted from the FAQ section on the .co.uk version of their website:

Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?

From 1st November 2012, guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board at embarkation. These are for consumption in the stateroom. If a guest wishes to consume these in any dining venue or bar/lounge, there is a corkage fee of 25USD per bottle. No other drink than wine or champagne will be allowed.

Leaves it ambiguous as to whether this is per guest (presumably over 21) or per state room. We're cruising in a RFS next year, so feel a bit penalised (OK not really penalised, but you know what I mean) if it is per stateroom.

This quoted from the FAQ section on the .co.uk version of their website:

Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?

From 1st November 2012, guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board at embarkation. These are for consumption in the stateroom. If a guest wishes to consume these in any dining venue or bar/lounge, there is a corkage fee of 25USD per bottle. No other drink than wine or champagne will be allowed.

Leaves it ambiguous as to whether this is per guest (presumably over 21) or per state room. We're cruising in a RFS next year, so feel a bit penalised (OK not really penalised, but you know what I mean) if it is per stateroom.

Thanks for the info. Still no update on the US web site.

I am looking at the U.S. RCL site same question and different answer.

Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gifA: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Edited by micruiser2002

I gotta give RCCL credit lately for responding to long standing complaints. They seem to be trying to improve the MDR menu and now allowing a reasonable amount of wine onboard........... that's great. No one goes "overboard" on a bottle of wine........... I'm excited now to go pick out wine to take on cruise!

I'm assuming it is like Carnival and DCL where they want it in the carryon but unless they spell it out there are going to be boxed wine "bottles" showing up in checked luggage and more bags flagged to inspect.

Not to be the wet blanket....but they have AI packages in Europe. Does this new wine deal only apply in the UK/Europe? I really hope not.

That's what I'd like to know too. I'm checking the US website periodically, but have not seen any confirmation yet.

Not to be the wet blanket....but they have AI packages in Europe. Does this new wine deal only apply in the UK/Europe? I really hope not.

That wouldn't make too much sense. The .co.uk web site doesn't say this is for European based cruises only, and we do book stateside cruises through the same site. So I'd guess it's just that the UK web site has got the update earlier.

This is perfect! I always order 1 bottle of wine from Gifts & Gear ($55) to drink while in my stateroom to sip on while getting ready for the evening. I think this is great news! Whats next? Order liter of liquor?

That wouldn't make too much sense. The .co.uk web site doesn't say this is for European based cruises only, and we do book stateside cruises through the same site. So I'd guess it's just that the UK web site has got the update earlier.

About as much sense as offering AI packages in Europe but not in the US.

I'm as excited as everyone else. Looking forward to having my mimosa made with my own Veuve Cliquot on the balcony each morning, and a glass of Cakebread Chard before dinner. But until I see it on the US website. I will contain my excitement. Hopefully, we'll all receive a "happy Friday" confirmation.