Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

The website still says this:

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

So don't be surprised if it is confiscated.

Edited by tfrcal

I agree with the others who have said they'll feel better about this, once it's confirmed on the RC (US) website. I searched all over and couldn't find anything about any change in policy. I even checked the Investor Relations page, where new policies often appear first. Even a Google search just directed me to this thread. And, we all know what happens when you call RC -- if you talk to three different people, you'll get four different answers! :rolleyes:

I agree, but I did call a couple of times today and every agent verified two bottles of wine is permitted!!! Seeing it in writing would make me feel better, but looking on the positive side of things.

This is good news because for my Med cruise next year I wanted to pick up a couple bottles of some good italian wines to take on the ship with me and have on my balcony and now I can hopefully be assured that they will not be taken from me! Yay!!

I did, but I couldn't find a nice one that will hold 2 bottles. Seems like the nicer ones only hold 1 bottle. I'll keep looking though....thought I'd try to take the easy way out by finding out what others have.:D:)

I just googled double wine cases found this:

http://www.winestuff.com/wine-carry-bags/double-bottle-wine-carry-bags.html

Hope it helps!

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board? From 1st November 2012, guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board at embarkation. These are for consumption in the stateroom. If a guest wishes to consume these in any dining venue or bar/lounge, there is a corkage fee of 25USD per bottle. No other drink than wine or champagne will be allowed. Taken from the UK website

Don't know what brand of margaritas you drink, but skinny girl makes pre mixed margaritas that are in a wine bottle. They probably wouldn't even notice you aren't bringing on wine.

http://www.amazon.com/Smuggle-Mug-16oz-Shampoo-Conditioner/dp/B006RDLA9Y/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1351886932&sr=8-7&keywords=rum+runner+flasks

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Sided-Binocular-Flask-Binoculars/dp/B0021X2WQY/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1351887519&sr=8-21&keywords=rum+runner+flasks

Just saw these on Amazon, as I was looking into the clear rum runner flasks.

Edited by Krazy4Kruisin'
added something

Hi, Policy just went into effect today. It's for real.

Onboard Policies

Onboard Policies

Don't be surprised if the website doesn't get updated until the policy has been n effect for months. Timely website updates is not their forte'.

Next question - may I purchase a bottle of wine at a port stop and take it directly to my cabin?

I still haven't seen anything posted on their website, but according to this thread it says at the START of your cruise, so that would be a no to your question about purchasing in port stop.

Effective 11/01/12, guests who wish to bring on 2 bottles (per stateroom) of personal wine at the start of their Royal Caribbean cruise

Hey Janet..visited Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale last month for the first time. No need to before since I could not take the wine onboard. Good news!!!

Hi Emmy. You know, I posted that and have yet to visit a Total Wine. I will before our Allure cruise. Just have to decide which ones....DH does not drink wine, so I get 2. :D And I am bringing the large bottles.

You know what this means? It means I will ALWAYS have to book a balcony cabin from now on. I love, love, love having my wine on my balcony.

There is nothing worse than drinking wine in an inside cabin. Oh wait, yes, its drinking wine in an inside cabin poured from a rum runner.:eek: Way to go RCI and much thanks.

I found the following skins for bottles of wine if anyone is interested. I think it is one of the most economical ways to go if you're not likely to cruise more than once or twice a year. I know I don't need anything else to store in my basement that I only use when I cruise. I definitely want to be able to pack my Northern Michigan Wine when I fly out to board the Oasis later this month though. :D:D

http://www.winestuff.com/catalog/product/view/id/1555/s/wine-skin-leak-proof-traveler/category/6/

Wow this HAPPY thread has grown overnight. :D If flying into FLL just have your taxi stop at Total Wines right on the way.

I cant wait to find out if they are going to let people carry on the larger bottles of wine. We did, 4 on NCL, paid the 15 fee per bottle and it was still so much cheaper and we had our favorites. Our cabin steward kept one on ice and when we finished it we would put the next one on the table we wanted and he would do the same.

To those posting concern over corkscrews; you can request one from your cabin steward and it is absolutly no problem. When you order or get complimentary bottles of wine in your cabin, there is always a corkscrew and glasses to accompnay the wine.

To those posting concern over corkscrews; you can request one from your cabin steward and it is absolutly no problem. When you order or get complimentary bottles of wine in your cabin, there is always a corkscrew and glasses to accompnay the wine.

...yea but there is a $35.00 fee for the cork screw........:eek:

(only a joke).....:D

So RCI may be making life quite difficult for themselves. If they don't indicate carry-on v checked bags in the policy then people will of course try to bring bottles on board both in their carry-on and checked bags. Unless there is some kind of mechanism whereby they record at checkin/boarding that you have already brought on board your allowance how on earth will they be able to check?! Of course for those flying in to join the ship there really is little choice but to have it in checked baggage.

So we could be looking at 4 bottles/cabin. Hah.

Hi

Question on bringing wine into dining room without getting charged a corking fee..

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring wine in a soda tumbler in the dining room. I would pour the wine into the soda tumbler and bring it with me to the dining room.. I am assuming that there might be a problem if I pour that into a glass during the dinner..

Would they allow that Soda tumbler into the dining room if I have wine it.

I know I have brought many times my own can of soda in the dining room and poured that in a glass without any problems..

Thanks

Hi

Question on bringing wine into dining room without getting charged a corking fee..

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring wine in a soda tumbler in the dining room. I would pour the wine into the soda tumbler and bring it with me to the dining room.. I am assuming that there might be a problem if I pour that into a glass during the dinner..

I know I have brought many times my own can of soda in the dining room and poured that in a glass without any problems..

Thanks

Just have your wine in a wine glass - we have walked into the dining room from other venues with a drink or glass of wine and no problems.

Not always. On our last few cruises we've only had the bottle, and sometimes the white was just sitting on the counter with no ice.

Hi

Thanks

The only problem might be that your tablemates think you are tacky if you pour the wine into a wine glass.:p But nobody is going to sniff the contents of your tumbler as you enter the dining room. I suspect that this policy won't be enforced - people often buy a bottle of wine at Vintages or a bar to drink or finish off at dinner - are they going to start disallowing that? And we have often brought our D+ amenity wine to dinner - I don't imagine that they're suddenly going to bar us from doing that, either.

Edited by critterchick