Will need 1 cruise point - any way to get it?

I'm going on a cruise next week and after that cruise I will be 1 cruise point away from Diamond+ I'll be going on another cruise in January. I don't believe there is any way to get 1 cruise point before that cruise without going on another cruise, but, is there?

Thanks,

If you can get that extra point without going on a cruise, I think you will have unlocked the secret of the universe;)! If upgrading to a suite won't do it, hang around FL and score a 3 day cruise on the Majesty or Monarch, they have had some good prices recently. Nothing much better than a cruise unless it is two cruises!!

I'm going on a cruise next week and after that cruise I will be 1 cruise point away from Diamond+ I'll be going on another cruise in January. I don't believe there is any way to get 1 cruise point before that cruise without going on another cruise' date=' but, is there?

Thanks,[/quote']

What perks will you get as a Diamond + that you won't get as a Diamond?

Must be pretty significant.

Dawn

Bragging rights.

No one sits around and listens to people brag about how many cruises are on anymore--why do you think there are so many requests for tables of two in the MDR? No one wants to hear about it...again, again, and again.

Met a coupe in the Promenade on the LOS that were Pinnacle. They said they stay away from the lounge that gives booze away (this trip it just so happened to be Olive or Twist) for this very reason--they can't stand listening to seniors get drunk and start bragging about their cruises. They were in their mid 70's and lovely people. We talked about so many things....love to meet new people on the ship--but not in dining room.

Maybe it is internet or laundry.....(Diamond +)......maybe it is the free booze lounge that is for Diamond + and Pinnacle....isn't there one that Diamonds cannot enter?

Dawn

Come in a few days before your Allure sailing and do the Indpendence of the Seas 3 nighter starting tomorrow. Or as others say, do the Majesty, but then you'll need to fly back in from California. You should have planned this a bit more ahead of time.

If you are in a suite you basically get the same "perks" as a diamond, plus you don't have to share how many cruises you have been on, which to some is considered bragging. In the end probably the same amount of money spent to get to diamond plus as it takes to pay for a suite. Will be a few cruises before I even make it to diamond much less diamond plus.

What perks will you get as a Diamond + that you won't get as a Diamond?

Must be pretty significant.

Dawn

I think the degree of significance depends on the individual and how they feel about it. But if you go to the RCI web / C & A / Member Benefits the difference in level benefits are described.

But as example, a few of the D to D+ differences include: behind the scenes tours, concierge lounge access (along with the D club / event), priority seating at ice and aqual theater events, call center access specific to D+ and Pinnacle, and luggage tags.

Obviously the more notable differences would be between D+ and gold / platinum / emerald levels.

Too bad RC, doesn't have a 3 or 4 nighter out of the west coast that you could hop on one long weekend. Isn't that how Diamond + members get 90% of their points ? ;)

I can only answer for our family over our 20 year cruise history. We have never taken a 3 or 4 night cruise. We took our first 5 night this past August, but most of our cruises have been 7 night, with a couple of 8 - 10 night included. We have stayed in staterooms with our family mix to include inside / window / promenade / balcony / family / JS / and GS and have earned the associated single and double points with each. Once at Diamond we have taken advantage of the Diamonds in December for (in our case) triple points, and will as a result reach D+ this winter.

I will also say that we are excited about reaching that level and feel that we have rightfully earned any associated benefits based on our 20 year loyalty to RCI. And this is not bragging - simply a statement of the facts of our cruising and how we feel.

If you are talking about wanting to be D+ before your January Majesty cruise there is really no benefit to being D+ on the Majesty. She does not have a Concierge Lounge and only has a nightly Diamond Event with free champange, soda and wine.

Now if you needed 1 point to be D+ before he Allure that is a whole different story.

Sure, spend $700 or more to get 1 point just to be D+. Really?

$700? Does that mean you won't sail without a balcony. Deals can be had for better than that. Plus your not spending the money just for the point, you do get a couple meals too. :p Really.

$700? Does that mean you won't sail without a balcony. Deals can be had for better than that. Plus your not spending the money just for the point, you do get a couple meals too. :p Really.

Agree - not to mention you are on a cruise. The short cruise (at the right price as you pointed out) would make sense to someone wanting the extra point needed for D+ since it wont be until the following cruise that the benefit would be recognized.

So why not take the inexpensive 3-night to earn the point so that on the next longer (7-night or whatever length) you can enjoy the D+ benefits? Other wise that next longer cruise will be the one you earn the 1 point needed and you will still have to wait until the next one to benefit by it.

Its all just a matter of personal choice.

Too bad RC, doesn't have a 3 or 4 nighter out of the west coast that you could hop on one long weekend. Isn't that how Diamond + members get 90% of their points ? ;)

It used to be like that. I have met several people who gained their status by taking short cruises, as you indicated, but now RCL has changed the way we accumulate status points and that is by the number of days cruised. Ours have been converted that way.

Nope. Never been on a cruise shorter than 7 nights, never cruised in December either. Actually LOST a few points in the conversion from cruises to credits because of some 10 night cruises.

Some of us got there the old fashioned way - we actually earned it one night at a time (and what great nights they were!).:D

If you are talking about wanting to be D+ before your January Majesty cruise there is really no benefit to being D+ on the Majesty. She does not have a Concierge Lounge and only has a nightly Diamond Event with free champange, soda and wine.

Now if you needed 1 point to be D+ before he Allure that is a whole different story.

Yeap, that's what I was talking about - didn't realize that - oh well, thanks for the info!!!

I can only answer for our family over our 20 year cruise history. We have never taken a 3 or 4 night cruise. We took our first 5 night this past August, but most of our cruises have been 7 night, with a couple of 8 - 10 night included. We have stayed in staterooms with our family mix to include inside / window / promenade / balcony / family / JS / and GS and have earned the associated single and double points with each. Once at Diamond we have taken advantage of the Diamonds in December for (in our case) triple points, and will as a result reach D+ this winter.

I will also say that we are excited about reaching that level and feel that we have rightfully earned any associated benefits based on our 20 year loyalty to RCI. And this is not bragging - simply a statement of the facts of our cruising and how we feel.

For the cruisers who have enjoyed their cruises and have accumulated points becoming diamond or diamond+, it is a great milestone. I can't wait to reach this milestone, but more importantly enjoy reaching 20 years of cruising. I can't believe that we just discovered cruising almost 9 years ago. Going to great destinations is a lot of fun. More importantly, we have made what I consider good friends, even though we do not see them as often as we wish. The points and perks for me are a fringe benefit.

Andrew

Archived