Third person in room

jdmerck

This is my first time sailing with Princess, and i just found and and disappointed now (but nothing i can do) our beds cannot be put together because of the 3rd person (my 9yr old) in the pullman, they said its a hazard, RCCI does it thats why i never asked, no room for a rollaway either (like i would want that around all week) kinda upsetting since i wont be sleeping with my husband :(

About ninety-nine percent of the room stewards will put the two lower beds together if you ask nicely, even with the upper in use. It is awkward for the person under the bunk to get in bed, and make sure your child does not try to jump down off the bunk onto your bed, but it usually can be done. It just cannot be officially pre-planned that way as it is a safety issue.

I never could understand why some women can't sleep in a separate bed for a week.:rolleyes:

Its not an issue cause im not sleeping with him, my husband is diabetic and is known to have diabetic seizures in his sleep, and with me right next to him i can feel if he is twitching, thats the reason, if it were not for his diabetes i would not care...

Yeah the TA offered a mini suite if one is open but with my parents in the room next to us for the family vacation i wouldnt mind...just found it odd since RCI had that option, i will see what the rooms looks like and go from there asking the steward...

Thanx

...just found it odd since RCI had that option, i will see what the rooms looks like and go from there asking the steward...
Princess cabins are approximately the same size but are laid out differently. Instead of the long hallway with wardrobe closets, the cabin will have a small entrance area and then a very good-sized open closet area to the right or left with a wardrobe at the end with floor-to-ceiling shelves. The closet rod is about 7' long and the area doubles as a dressing/storage area. The bathroom opens off of this. Which means that there is a lot of storage and if someone uses the bathroom during the night, it's less likely to disturb the other. Here's an example of the closet/dressing area.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354822787.087276.jpg.12998cb43bd592ea956ecf16db70747f.jpg

While there's a lot more storage, this means there's less "living" area. There isn't a couch but rather a chair. It's more compact than some cabins on other lines. There's quite a bit of storage in the bedside tables and the desk.

Trade rooms with your parents and let the child sleep with them?

I hope you are able to have the steward set up the room the way you'd like it, I've heard of people doing just that.

We may do that since my parents ALWAYS have the beds apart, we will see what happens i dont want it to ruin our family vacation

This is my first time sailing with Princess, and i just found and and disappointed now (but nothing i can do) our beds cannot be put together because of the 3rd person (my 9yr old) in the pullman, they said its a hazard, RCCI does it thats why i never asked, no room for a rollaway either (like i would want that around all week) kinda upsetting since i wont be sleeping with my husband :(

Please do go back to RCL... From your recent posts, it appears that you will be unhappy with Princess... It actually can be a hazard and am facing the same dilemma, no matter what cruiseline you choose. By the way, also from your previous posts, it appears that you will be royally bored on Princess... No skating rinl, no slides, no flow rider and especially no wall climbing.

The Princess cruises are geared toward the 40-50-60 ish crowds.... where relaxation and sophistication are enjoyed and definitely not the Carnival type atmosphere...

Please think long and hard about this cruise... I honestly don't think you will be happy. But then again, I could be wrong!

Since you are only 7 days away from your cruise... I would talk to the steward and see what he or she can do... They have been known to be able to do this even when it should not be done. So talk to your steward and good luck.

Please come back and give us your opinion of your cruise. It would be much appreciated!

Have a great cruise!

Trade rooms with your parents and let the child sleep with them?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Surely your parents will be happy to help you out considering it is a medical issue. The other option would be to put your son on the floor next to your bed. I was thrilled to sleep on the floor when I was a kid if it meant I got a trip. Even as a teenage and young adult, I spent many joyful nights sleeping on the floor or ground for retreats and parties. Kids don't care so much about beds as adults do.

I don't know what ship you will be on or what type room you will have but on the Caribbean Princess we were in an obstructed view room with 4 in the room and the two twin beds were pushed together to form a queen size bed. The room steward made up the beds this way without us asking. I have sailed 4 in a room a few times and it has always been set up this way. I don't understand the fire hazard issue. The ladders were placed at the end of each bed and the kids were able to get up and down without disturbing us. On one voyage we were in a balcony room with an upper berth and a rollaway bed and the two twin beds were also pushed together. All I can say for that situation is never again. It was too cramped and it was an accident waiting to happen and you could never get to the balcony without moving a piece of furniture. The interior or ocean view rooms were a much better set up for 4 people.

I was just wondering who told you that the beds couldn't be made up as a queen bed? I booked all of my cruises directly with Princess and the rep always asked how I wanted the beds configured. I was never told that they couldn't be set up as a queen.

It was our TA that said it, she said the room we are in B501 on the CB she said it has something to do with the pullman is over the beds and he would have to much of a hard time and would have to jump down to our bed cause he couldnt use the ladder, im thinking i dont care if he has to jump to our bed he is 9 and wont be up and down like a 4yr old...im not gonna stress about it will see what happens, i did request a Egg Crate though just in case the matress is hard :)

It was our TA that said it, she said the room we are in B501 on the CB she said it has something to do with the pullman is over the beds and he would have to much of a hard time and would have to jump down to our bed cause he couldnt use the ladder, im thinking i dont care if he has to jump to our bed he is 9 and wont be up and down like a 4yr old...im not gonna stress about it will see what happens, i did request a Egg Crate though just in case the matress is hard :)

I don't understand why your son couldn't use the ladder. Is that cabin that different from the ones that have the third (and if needed, fourth) beds that pull down from the wall? That's the type of bed my daughter used on Princess and there was a ladder that she would use to get up and down each time.

We were in B422 on the CB which is the same type of room you booked. The bed drops from the ceiling. We also had a rollaway bed in that room. Your TA has no idea what he or she is talking about because if you look at the deck plans the room is coded with a triangle and a square. The square symbol specifically states the room will accommodate a rollaway bed. Just ask the room steward to make your bed up as a queen and place the ladder at the foot of the drop down bed. Like I said in the earlier post we had 4 in the same type room. I wouldn’t recommend the rollaway because it only gets in the way.

Archived