can u bring box wine?

spotter27

We took boxed wine, we hid it.. we taped it.. we stuck it in shoes.. then when we got to the security at New York docks.. and put the bag on the x-ray belt and it went into the scanner.. the girl watching the screen was so busy TEXTING.. I could of brought a barrel of wine on and she wouldn't of know.. Thats was both sad and good ... out of all the people we met on board only one had a rum runner taken.. but just 1 out of 5. and the weird thing was they were all together. in one bag.. so maybe the person was just thirsty ;)

Can anyone tell me where the policy has changed saying you can bring box wine? This is what I find on Carnival website. :confused:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

The box wine reference is fron the Carnival Funville online community as stated by a CCL employee at this link:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/226989/1183916.aspx

Here is the copied and pasted text:

one bottle, 750 milliliters or less, per guest 21 years and older

· one box of wine, 1.5 liters or less, will be permitted, if shared among 2 guests 21 years or older

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I keep looking for this here to try, but so far, no luck in Music City.

Hubby actually found it at a local liquor store. We took it as a joke, and were pleasantly surprised how good it was. If you have a local store, ask them for it.

When TSA screens the carry-ons, they don't worry about cruise line policies. They are checking for weapons, right? They don't know who's of age and in what cabin. When we went on Celebrity in Miama last December, Celebrity never checked anything. Only TSA did. So when does the cruise line check for wine in your carry-ons? Celebrity never cared about my Vendange 0.5 and 1.0 liter boxes last year. We are on Carnival Dream soon from Pt. Canaveral soon.

This thread is more wonderful news for the cruise-lines, as they now have more tips on searching luggage and reducing pax enjoyment. On my recent cruise I carried on a large quantity of bottled water and security split the pack and shook almost all the bottles, just in case it was liquor. This would never have been done had someone on the internet not suggested the possibility.

• 4 years later...
I think that's a bit of a stretch. My guess is that a $30 bottle of wine on the ship would go for about $15 in a retail store. Can you back up your claim?

In any case, would you smuggle a box of wine into a fine restaurant because you don't want to pay $30 there?

I can back that up, check out barefoot merlot, barefoot cab, barefoot chardonnay, all 5$ on Carnival Cruise ship 30. Claim backed up. HEB and Walmart both sell that brand for 4.95.

Apples and oranges. Most people take boxed wine to have a glass of wine in their cabin before dinner or whatever. Most people also take that wine to their hotel room if on a land trip. Just sayin.
And what does a hotel room have to do with a land-based restaurant as the prior poster had asked? *THAT'S apples and oranges. Just sayin'

I can back that up, check out barefoot merlot, barefoot cab, barefoot chardonnay, all 5$ on Carnival Cruise ship 30. Claim backed up. HEB and Walmart both sell that brand for 4.95.

But they don't sell it in the middle of the Caribbean. There is a value for handling, storage and labor to serve it to you.

HEB has Cul-De-Sac chardonnay for $3 a bottle. You know that's gotta be a delightful wine!

Yet another thread back from the dead ;p!

I've never understood people's concern about resurrecting an old thread! If the info is still relevant, what's the harm? If it's not, update it so people know what's changed!

And if a new thread was started, there would be people complaining that there are a ton of threads out there already on this topic, why create a new thread?

Geesh, people!

I've never understood people's concern about resurrecting an old thread! If the info is still relevant, what's the harm? If it's not, update it so people know what's changed!

And if a new thread was started, there would be people complaining that there are a ton of threads out there already on this topic, why create a new thread?

Geesh, people!

Well in this case the policies being debated and questioned have absolutely no bearing on today's policies on bringing beverages onboard. If a thread has been dead for 5 years, nobody is going to say anything about starting a new post on the subject.

On the other hand you have topics like Cheers, that has a new thread started almost daily asking the same questions over and over again that could have been added to an existing thread that was current.

Sent from my Honor 8 on Forums mobile app.

And what does a hotel room have to do with a land-based restaurant as the prior poster had asked? *THAT'S apples and oranges. Just sayin'

Maybe you should actually start reading the date of the posts before you post your constant passive aggressive comments.

Geesh, people!

I appreciate your concern for my concern :D! It's not that it bothers me, it's just silly watching others who don't notice how old the thread is quoting , replying and offering advice on circumstances that are long in the past.

So I am assuming this 750ml rule only applied to wine and champagne? Can I bring a 750ml bottle of hard liquor on with me?

I haven't cruised In a while but last time I did on royal they didn't let me bring one on but they let me buy one ahead of time and it was delivered to my room before sailed off for a reasonable price. It saved me a ton of money that I would of spent on drinks. If i cant bring a bottle of hard liquor on board with me for carnival, do they have something similar as royal where i can have a bottle delivered to room?

Thanks.:)

So I am assuming this 750ml rule only applied to wine and champagne? Can I bring a 750ml bottle of hard liquor on with me?

Sorry, no. Wine only, and a sealed bottle. The checks to verify are spotty.

You can order hard liquor for cabin delivery, check the FAQ page on Carnival and see the current policies and prices.

Have a great vacation.