Formal attire WAS "required" in specialty Rest.

Trvlr76

I promise a chicken in every pot,

and a waffle on every breakfast plate. :cool:

Ed:

You should come out here to Pa, one of the big items at most local restaurants is all you can eat chicken and waffles. My son loves them but I'm not crazy about them. I guess one of those regional things.

Ed:

You should come out here to Pa, one of the big items at most local restaurants is all you can eat chicken and waffles. My son loves them but I'm not crazy about them. I guess one of those regional things.

Chicken and waffles? I am not so sure. Do I have to come formal? :D

Ed:

Not the first I've heard of this combination! Sounds REALLY un-appetizing but a LOT of folks seem to LOVE it! I've never actually even SEEN it though...

• 1 month later...
Celebrity Guests,

Our dress code for specialty restaurants remains smart casual for every night of the cruise, regardless of the evening dress code in the Main Dining Room. Thanks to all who have participated and this discourse to make us aware of any inconsistencies. Please keep us updated on the issue.

Thanks

Celebrity Cruises Manager (E.S.P)

Then why is this on yoyr web site? "Evenings aboard Celebrity include two types of dress: "Smart Casual and Above" and "Formal."

"Smart Casual and Above"

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

"Formal" attire:

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown, or a dressy pantsuit.

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances."

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&cS=vanity&vanity=Precruise

WOW. I was planning my first cruise with Celebrity but there might be too much stress for me to handle. :o

I mean do I pack a jacket or not. Does smart casual really mean formal?:confused:

Do I go with corporate's rules of by the ship's rules?

Do I stick by my preference for more casual or do I give in to the fashonistas?

OK, fashionistas you win. I'll go to W*lmart and pick up a new jacket, just to fit in and not cause a scene.

How's this one?

jacket2.jpg.c640d746880213d67bcf880041092788.jpg

BTW How is it that I can go out to a fancy expensive restaurant, where the steak is $50-$60 and the lobster is well over $80 each, and feel overdressed wearing a polo shirt and slacks but have dress up like a man to eat TGIF Friday's quality food on a cruise ship?:confused:

One of life's little mysteries, I guess.:rolleyes:

Then why is this on yoyr web site? "Evenings aboard Celebrity include two types of dress: "Smart Casual and Above" and "Formal."

"Smart Casual and Above"

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

"Formal" attire:

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown, or a dressy pantsuit.

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances."

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&cS=vanity&vanity=Precruise

You picked up an old thread and the problem has been corrected. The sentence you underlined is not a contradiction from anything the people at Celebrity wrote several months ago. It just means the dress code will be enforced in all restaurants, doesn't say formal dress code but it means the dress code that is relevent in a particular restaurant. That is why you dress formal in the MDR on formal nights, smart casual in Specialties on formal nights and wear shorts in the buffet. This is not my opinion but settled policy on board.

WOW. I was planning my first cruise with Celebrity but there might be too much stress for me to handle. :o

I mean do I pack a jacket or not. Does smart casual really mean formal?:confused:

Do I go with corporate's rules of by the ship's rules?

Do I stick by my preference for more casual or do I give in to the fashonistas?

OK, fashionistas you win. I'll go to W*lmart and pick up a new jacket, just to fit in and not cause a scene.

How's this one?

You will need a jacket if you are eating in the MDR on formal nights but smart casual does not require a jacket. This is an old thread and the problem on that particular ship has been corrected.

Archived