"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

Hello everyone and good morning. Welcome to Day 2 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas.

I woke up this morning very early (4 AM) and walked around the ship in search of coffee. I went directly to the Concierge Lounge where I was able to enjoy a delicious café Americano. For some reason my room key allows me entrance to the Concierge Lounge but not the Diamond Lounge. The cleaning crew was there at 4:30 AM and allowed me access so I could take a few photos.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Does that mean that D+ doesn't have access to the D lounge? I hope not. We are D+ but we like to go the D lounge to visit our friends there. Hope we can still do that. We will probably not sail on the Enchantment again, but we will be on the Grandeur in November, which I believe is the same configuration.

Really enjoying your report and pictures. I will surely miss that ship.......

If Darryl (activities manager) is still there, tell him Gwen and Fred say Hi. Love that guy.

Gwen :)

Hello everyone and good morning. Welcome to Day 2 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas.

The post that I made last night was ready for posting at 9 PM; however, I could not connect at all through the pervasive WiFi that was recently installed on Enchantment of the Seas. I was unable to connect with my 4G mobile hotspot and the Royal WiFi signal. The only thing I have to say about that is “@#$%&”

One of the things that I noticed when I boarded the ship was that many of the cabins have received upgrades.

Oh! I feel like I am back onboard! Once again, your photos are great as well as the reports!

We also had problems with the internet. No reception on the TV one day and connecting to the internet...yeah...they really need to work on that. Cannot remember such problems on other ships.

Our Steward told us that all the exterior staterooms were all updated. Only the TV's were replaced in the Interior staterooms. It amazed me that the bathrooms were totally refitted. Ours was sparkling white but they put the towel bar inside the tub??? Had to move the towels every time we showered.

Does that mean that D+ doesn't have access to the D lounge?

not necessarily.. when we embarked on the 22nd, a LARGE number of people's keys did not work correctly at all and had to be re coded. many of us could not get into the CL even though we were gold cards. we got lucky and were able to fix that before the lines got hellaciously long later in the afternoon.

One of the things that I noticed when I boarded the ship was that many of the cabins have received upgrades. I will try to see as many cabins as I can;

Radio, if you get a chance I would love to see what an oceanview cabin looks like. We will be sailing on the Grandeur in Dec and I'm guessing the cabins are similar. Enjoy your cruise and I can get my cruise fix until we board the Explorer in Feb. Thanks for your live review.

Theresa

not necessarily.. when we embarked on the 22nd, a LARGE number of people's keys did not work correctly at all and had to be re coded. many of us could not get into the CL even though we were gold cards. we got lucky and were able to fix that before the lines got hellaciously long later in the afternoon.

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case. On the Explorer last month, our card wouldn't work from time to time in the CL. I just thought maybe they changed things. You would think they would like for us to do the D lounge instead of the CL. Not as costly.....:p

Gwen :)

Is the Solarium pool warm enough to swim in already? Considering a "Winter cruise" from Baltimore and am just wondering about that part.

The Solarium pool is always warm, actually too warm for me!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Radio,

Probably not high on your list of priorities, but would you please ask about the Coke Freestyle machines? They would be the deciding factor on whether or not I will buy a soda package.

So happy to be "sailing" with you again!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The air temperature in the Solarium on our day sailing from Baltimore was cool. My daughter went in the hot tub but I thought it was too chilly for swimming myself. On our final sea day, it was downright cold in the Solarium.

There are no Freestyle soda machines--just Diet Coke. (We appreciated being able to get Sprite Zero in the Concierge Lounge.)

Is it a certain class of ships that have the covered solarium? Are they all retractable? With the cost of airfare, we are very intersted in cruising from the East Coast but are concerned about the first and last two days being chilly!

Radio, Thanks for another great review! For some reason it seems your cruises come much more often than my own, so it is a great treat to follow along!

Thanks, but I already know there are no freestyle machines right now, but if you look at the attached, you will see that she was scheduled to get them in December, and I'm just curious if they have an updated date - fingers crossed they they get installed before our cruise at the end of march.

The air temperature in the Solarium on our day sailing from Baltimore was cool. My daughter went in the hot tub but I thought it was too chilly for swimming myself. On our final sea day, it was downright cold in the Solarium.

There are no Freestyle soda machines--just Diet Coke. (We appreciated being able to get Sprite Zero in the Concierge Lounge.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

307636056_ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1357494081.022681.jpg.0cc6d8d0e311aa2a3e8d4c5f99f6d856.jpg

Thanks, but I already know there are no freestyle machines right now, but if you look at the attached, you will see that she was scheduled to get them in December, and I'm just curious if they have an updated date - fingers crossed they they get installed before our cruise at the end of march.

I had seen it was scheduled for December as well...we were disappointed. :(

I'm glad I found out here on CC that they wouldn't be there for our cruise. I did skip purchasing the soda package for that reason.

I haven't seen whether they are planning to put the machines onto the Grandeur. (Which is of interest to me as a Baltimore area resident.)

Archived