Sunday Feb 10, Sail Away-Come Watch the 'Queen' of Horns and NA.

PathfinderEss

I don't know if you all saw this on yesterdays thread, so I'm brining it over because this kind of explains the music we were hearing so loudly yesterday. Our Saturday thread recieved this from Lou.......

PortEvergladesWebcam

Hello everyone,

We were running sound tests during sail-away today in preparation for a new tropical island webcam project. Stay tuned!

Lou

image.php?u=554624&type=sigpic&dateline=1293576157

That will be cool!

There were hundreds of flights cancelled out of Toronto on Friday and Saturday. I'm sure there were thousands of flights cancelled all over North America. Maybe HAL wants to make sure they get as many cruisers on board as possible.

That would be my guess too but guess we will find out later maybe. At least I can come back and watch the Westerdam leave but I don't think she will do much honking at that hour.:(

NA is a 1830 departure now.

Just went to try and find out any info on the reason for the 11:30 pm change for Westerdam.....

Came up a total blank, no Roll Call either on CC or on FaceBook for any 3 Feb (7 day) and the next is 24 February (7 day)

Nothing..............

Am I remembering correctly from last week and the Bridge said something about an engine part??????? I cannot remember....

Joanie

All these schedule changes -- now I know I won't see a HAL ship leave today.

Nice detective work. There's even a notice on their website of the late departure:

http://www.gertrudebyrnepromotions.com/

Bruce

Thank You Bruce!! Took a few minutes to find it. But you did even better and found the actual web site with the announcement:)

So 11:30 pm is Westerdam, at this time....Guess I'll have to take my meds a little bit later than normal:)

Joanie

Well at least we won't miss anything.... as she's going out so late there will be no 110+ toots, I'm sure:D

... and I am betting that if there were the 110+ toots at that late hour, that would mark the end of all toots as the ships sail in that particular area.

I will try to remember that the Westerdam is sailing late and tune in, just to see...or hear what happens.

... and I am betting that if there were the 110+ toots at that late hour, that would mark the end of all toots as the ships sail in that particular area.

I will try to remember that the Westerdam is sailing late and tune in, just to see...or hear what happens.

OK then... be sure to report back because I'll be in the land of nod:D:D

Oh my...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just read it on MSN.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/10/16917861-five-crew-killed-in-cruise-ship-safety-drill

Five crew members died when the cables on a life boat snapped and it landed in the water upside down. how horrible.

It was on Thomson Majesty.

Well I will be here to join in watching the Westerdam sail away, but it will only be 8 pm here on the West Coast.

I'm with you all that there will not be alot of tooting tonight for the "Queen of Horns".

Ruby is on her way to start the parade off today.:)

Thank you for setting me straight on the time, Melodie... I was thinking I would be fast asleep in my bed, but of course I didn't factor the time difference:o So I may be here after all:)

Archived