Natural fibers?

Jsim2011

I have been looking for summer dresses in natural fibers but not having much luck.

I really do prefer cotton or linen even for traveling, just not finidn much in the stores.

Does anyone know of any websites?

Thanks!

I have been looking for summer dresses in natural fibers but not having much luck.

I really do prefer cotton or linen even for traveling, just not finidn much in the stores.

Thanks!

Hi:) Dilllard's has a brand called "Nurture" that has a lot of linen

and cotton to it. Not sure how much you are looking to spend.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.dillards.com/shop/Nurture/Women/_/N-1730lZlfx6/Rpp-1?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301

Thanks!

No kidding! I've been looking for cotton summer dresses and t-shirts/tops, and I'm not finding any. I've mentioned it to a couple of sales people, and they say others are complaining too. Apparently natural isn't in style right now :(

I also found very few sites that let me search by material, which made it even more frustrating.

Patagonia makes an organic line of clothing, they don't have many dresses but they do make a few.

Gaiam is a brand that makes yoga clothing but they do have a casual clothing line that has some pretty and cozy cotton dresses.

Good luck!!!

Lands End has some linen & cotton dresses. So does Talbots. Not sure what your style, size, or budget are.....

In the past, Kohls, Target & Old Navy have had cotton dresses. Their summer stuff isn't all out yet (not even online...) but there are some options.

I like Linen, it is so crisp when you first put it on and then literally you end up looking like something the cat has dragged it as it creases so badly as soon as you look at it. OK well as soon as you sit down. I personally wouldn't travel in or go somewhere where I had to wear it for any length of time for this reason as I hate looking crumpled.

It's weird how we think differently, my other half always says don't buy me any 100% cotton shirts as they don't iron up well.

I don't pay much notice to that request though when I see a really nice shirt which I know will look nice. Mind you he irons all his own clothes, I cannot lay claim to that though, one of the perks of a military man:D.

I received a catalog today from normthompson.com - I've never heard of them before but they did have many items that were 100% cotton.

I hadn't heard of them either but I have checked their website and found a couple of dresses that I like.

Thank you!

j.jill and Coldwater Creek -- they both have clothing that is loose/boxy though, which I don't think is very flattering if you are on the petite side.

I don't like shapeless clothes either.

Coldwater Creek have a lot of man made stuff at the moment. I never really like much of their stuff anyway.

I have had a nice t shirts from J Jill:)

It's weird how we think differently, my other half always says don't buy me any 100% cotton shirts as they don't iron up well.

I don't pay much notice to that request though when I see a really nice shirt which I know will look nice. Mind you he irons all his own clothes, I cannot lay claim to that though, one of the perks of a military man:D.

Some people only want man made fibers. I won't even buy them for my husband.

I find a good steam iron takes takes care of creases. Although it did take me a while to find a really good iron in USA.

Google "bamboo clothing" and you will get hundreds of hits. Bamboo is softer than cotton and apparently wicks away the moisture better than cotton too.

Bamboo clothing is the new name for Rayon... it starts as a natural product, but definitely does not end up as one. :( Google it :)

Some people only want man made fibers. I won't even buy them for my husband.

I find a good steam iron takes takes care of creases. Although it did take me a while to find a really good iron in USA.

I had an all singing, all dancing iron in the UK but when we moved here of course the voltage is different so had to start again with everything from irons to washing machine. However I did find a steam iron, Black and Decker of all makes that is now 10 years old and it is still great and it wasn't that expensive either.

A good shot of steam usually does the trick as you say.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my summer catalog from Poetry today. Way too many cute things! They use cotton, linen, and hemp. WARNING - if you choke at $40 for a tank top, do not go here: www poetryfashion dot com. It's a British company. I use it for some of my basic tops - always a good color palate.

There is also Boden for fun cotton dresses and tops.

I like the coolness of cotton but hate fact that it has to be ironed -- especially on vacations. I bought some shirts awhile back off of the QVC website that are about 97% cotton and 3% spandex and I love them. The spandex makes them hold their shape and I rarely find a need to iron them. They always look neat and have held up well after many washings. And they breathe. Now I look for cotton that has that small amount of spandex in it.

I like the coolness of cotton but hate fact that it has to be ironed -- especially on vacations.

I wear almost exclusively cotton, and I virtually never have to iron it. By that, I mean it doesn't need ironing, not that I wear wrinkled clothes. Some weaves will need ironing more than others, but it is NOT true that cotton equals wrinkles. I wear scrubs at work, and one brand will need ironing while the other does not, even though both are 100% cotton.

Archived