?? D+ limited to Diamond Lounge??

Actually, on those ships with both a Diamond and a Concierge lounge, the consensus seems to be that the Diamond lounge arrangement and location is far preferable to the Concierge lounge (outside with view vs. interior room).

Except on Oasis/Allure. The CL is definitely in a better location than the DL (though with Radiance class moving the CL to the Viking Crown deck, might make this the best CL location).

My time relaxing with my DW away from my stressful job is much more important to me and I would much rather pay for a drink in a empty lounge than get a free drink while standing shoulder to shoulder with others.

Agreed On my last Brilliance cruise, there seemed to be more D+/Pinnacle people than D's, making the CL (still in the old location on deck 10) very crowded. The Diamond event in Hollywood Odyssey was a much better place to be, and when I desired a cocktail instead of wine, I just bought one.

Exclusive nightly Diamond event with cocktails

I find this one interesting.

In the past, what was known as the "Diamond Event" was limited to wine and champagne. No cocktails.

Me too, I saw that in the email I received from RCI...sounds like a misprint.

Sorry...but if this does happen it will be my fault :( as I'm ready to crossover into D+ (just 2 points away) upon completion of my May 17th cruise....Where they waiting for me to get there before making any downgrades :eek::confused:;)

I have always said that the CL should only be for suite guests as the CL can't handle the large amounts of D+ members, although this should only be the case on ships with a diamond lounge. Ships with a diamont event should allow D+ members into the CL or offer them a xxx amounts of free drinks at any bar for the 3 hours at night.

Now come on, are you forgetting this is Cruise Critic, without the "what if" threads these pages would be very bare :D

I got a good idea why don't we all wait and see what happens and not speculate about that something that might or might not happen.

Just my opinion, but my ambition is to never allow loyalty perks to become more important than the meer fact of being on vacation when booking and actually going on cruises. Just the fact the word "entitled" is used when people complain about free perks makes me want to disassociate myself.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not flaming those who do, and I'm not flaming the OP. To each their own. I'm just saying I won't be part of that crowd. My time relaxing with my DW away from my stressful job is much more important to me and I would much rather pay for a drink in a empty lounge than get a free drink while standing shoulder to shoulder with others.

Thanks, Aquahound.

I created the thread for a few reasons:

I was curious what my fellow CC folks thought of the wording.

I thought it would be a better topic than smoking, jeans in MDR, and smuggling.

And, most of all, I can never think of anything to warrant creating a thread.:D

I feel better now.:cool::cool:

ACTUALLY,

My gut feeling is that someone created an email to send out to Diamonds and then used that email as a template to send Diamond+ and forgot to add the CL.:p

If they kick the D+ out of the Concierge Lounge there will be a lot of unhappy concierges that will miss the D+ tips......OOPS, that was a different thread.;)

No flames, just sayin:

First cruised on the Sovereign of the Seas on her 2nd voyage. now, D+ with no goal to achieve Pinnacle nor to sail in a Suite.

Back in the Day:

the sheets were changed *Daily*

we had *Nightly Pillow Chocolates*

we rec'd in the mail, a glossy brochure w/travel documents inside a travel pouch, including *Luggage Tags*

We had *animals* made up from whatever night clothes the attendant might find (which got to be pretty silly before it got weird that someone was "playing" with my lingerie. (think that's when towel animals were invented).

Everyone was gifted *corkscrews & playing cards & stationary*

The Crumb Remover was consistently used before dessert in the MDR and all meals were served in the MDR (no for fee specialty dining)

We could receive for FREE in the MDR, sodas with our meal.

Back in the Day:

passengers complied with the Recommended Dress Code, because there was a level of respect for the crew and the passengers. Ladies in gowns (2nd chance to wearing wedding outfits for some) and men often wore a tux or at least a suit, usually a dark one. Passengers were cordial to each other and elevator etiquette was the rule, as was speaking softly, when walking through the stateroom corridors, mindful others may be sleeping. I don't remember Chair Hogs. I do remember Smoking was an early issue.

It was a kinder, gentler form of sea passage.

No loyalty programs - No class distinction - imho, all were treated kindly and equally. The Sovereign and Majesty of the Seas were "huge" to us, but compared to today's mega ships, they were small. I say they were "Manageable". I don't remember rude or crude staff, especially at the main Reception Desk.

Bigger is NOT better, imho.

We were given guidelines for gratuities and envelopes to present them on the last night.

A cruise vacation was unique and special.

No longer. What happened to the airlines has had a trickle down impact on other forms and venues for holidays. I had that corkscrew confiscated by TSA (totally forgot it was in my travel bag) - they have it now.

We have to pay to ship our luggage, so who wants to try and fit all the day clothes/beach wear/formal wear, when it costs plenty to take it with you.

Optional, Gratuity recommendations have increased and have evolved into Mandatory Service Charges which now are applied, daily, to your stateroom account, when sailing RCI.

The MDR experience is not even close to nice as it used to be and I have to pay for my sodas. (even McD's gives FREE refills!)

Specialty Dining for a fee? and they'll keep that Mandatory Service Charge they call a "tip" - the logic escapes me.

the Concierge Lounge is a particular venue provided as a Loyalty Perk - D+ and up, and if you are sailing in a Suite. Dependent on the ship, the experience is never consistent.

Royal Caribbean Gave, before they took it back. They did it first with their Loyalty Program and they continue to remove benefits.

No more coupon books?

No more free Luggage Tags? what do folks do without a computer???

Children run with wild abandon while the Crew simply shrugs. Underage swim in the spa pool, soak in the hot tubs ...the Crew simply shrugs. Chair Hogs? rarely do they fail. (no consistency on this "rule").

I am disappointed in how the cruise industry has evolved. It's definitely not the same fine experience discovered in the early 90's.

May you enjoy the seas always and all ways. Bon Voyage.

Free is a relative term. I am paying for this with my spending on RCL cruises. You can see that we cruised several lines before we decided to be exclusive to RCL to reach diamond status. The perks are in return for my loyalty.

I feel like the closer I get the farther they move the target.

The program can change at any time and HAS. Moving the target is a way to keep you chasing. It will not always be the same forever and ever.

If you are cruising only to reach a certain level for perks, you have to be prepared you may keep chasing.

I'm thinking it's a win win situation for you if you enjoy your cruise if the system went away completely.

Spot on!

The breakfast and lunch in the CL are wonderful!

Ah true, I forgot about that... That's a nice perk.

It's funny, the CL on Oasis / Allure are just in another league than the CL on every other ship in the fleet.

remove benefits.

No more coupon books?

No more free Luggage Tags? what do folks do without a computer???

Overall, excellent points!

On these two, however...

The benefits in the coupon books will be loaded on your Sea Pass Account

The Luggage Tags are still free at the pier

I have always said that the CL should only be for suite guests as the CL can't handle the large amounts of D+ members, .

My guess is that you are not D+

I have always said the CL should be only for D+ and Pinnacle.

Suite guests can be accommodated in the Diamond Lounge. If there is no Diamond Lounge, then they can attend the CL.:)

As far as "large amounts" of D+ members in the CL, it really varies from cruise to cruise.

"Bitterly complained." Wow! Just a little over the top, no?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

No, if they took away all the snacks and mixed drinks and offered me trail mix and La Terre, I'd be bitter too.

I guess I don't value the perks as much as others. I whine now and then about the luggage tag mailers but it's mostly tongue in cheek. Life's too short to worry about this stuff.

My guess is that you are not D+

I have always said the CL should be only for D+ and Pinnacle.

Suite guests can be accommodated in the Diamond Lounge. If there is no Diamond Lounge, then they can attend the CL.:)

As far as "large amounts" of D+ members in the CL, it really varies from cruise to cruise.

Yes I am D+

Archived