Freedom cabin temperature too warm

is 76 Degrees too warm for cabin temps?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. is 76 Degrees too warm for cabin temps?

• 76 is too warm
    • 76 is acceptable

We just returned from the 8 day southern Caribbean, on the Freedom, deck 10 and our cabin stayed way too warm. we had guest services check it twice, once it was 75.3, not sure of the 2nd reading and this was early morning, it got warmer as the day progressed.Carnival said anything 76 degrees or lower is within Carnival standards. NOT MINE!! This is way too warm for me. Has anyone else experienced this?:mad:

I need the cabin to be cool, after being out and about in the heat most of the day.

At least 73. Preferably 70-71.

If that was the best they could do, then my shower would be on cold and left running all day, to moderate the temperature in the cabin.

Bill

We had the same problem on the Triumph. 4 people in an ov with a temp of 76 was ridiculous....

Maintenance came 3 times and said the temp was within corporates' standards... I'd like to see 4 people from corp spend a few nights like that :mad:

I need the cabin to be cool, after being out and about in the heat most of the day.

At least 73. Preferably 70-71.

If that was the best they could do, then my shower would be on cold and left running all day, to moderate the temperature in the cabin.

Bill

Yep sure have. I would wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat.

After I had them to my room two times and they told me the same thing they told you my cabins stored finally got me a fan.

Bill

On my recent cruise on the BREEZE, the cabin temperature was fine, but most of the public areas were on the warm side, especially the dining room. I figured the warmer temps were just another Carnival cutback as way to save some fuel. Figure all the ships in the fleet raise the temperature a few degrees, and it probably amounts to a substantial yearly savings in fuel consumption.

I was able to adjust my cabin last month to a range that fit me just fine. I did not read any temp but I like it cool and it was. When too cool, my wife would let me know and I raised it a few notches to fit both of us temp wise.

So to answer question, no I had no issues on the freedom.

I was able to adjust my cabin last month to a range that fit me just fine. I did not read any temp but I like it cool and it was. When too cool, my wife would let me know and I raised it a few notches to fit both of us temp wise.

So to answer question, no I had no issues on the freedom.

What floor and room type?

We just returned from the 8 day southern Caribbean, on the Freedom, deck 10 and our cabin stayed way too warm. we had guest services check it twice, once it was 75.3, not sure of the 2nd reading and this was early morning, it got warmer as the day progressed.Carnival said anything 76 degrees or lower is within Carnival standards. NOT MINE!! This is way too warm for me. Has anyone else experienced this?:mad:

On our Freedom trip, I complained about the room being too warm on the first day. They sent a maintenance guy to the room. As he came in he propped the door open, set up his thermometer and left for about 10 minutes. That was enough time for the hallway air, which was cooler, to cool my cabin. The guy came back looked at the thermometer and said it was within the Carnival standards. This Dance happen three more times on different days, but on the last time I got the hotel manager to visit with me first. Our personal alarm clock has a thermometer, it read 82 degrees. The guy came, propped open the door set his thermometer and said he would be right back. As he turned to leave the hotel manager told him to close the door. Busted!!!! The guy said if he did that the room won't cool down. The manager looked at me, and said we will move you to another cabin. He apologized for this whole thing and called the manager of the maintenance guy. I left to get the key for new room, but while I was gone the hotel manager ripped into the maintenance manager and the guy. I wish I had not missed that.

76 is acceptable for me but not for the rest of my party. We cruised on the Freedom last year and my brother noted that the cabin was too hot for him. I keep my house at 78 so it was fine for me but 76 is a tad warm for many people.

76 is acceptable for me but not for the rest of my party. We cruised on the Freedom last year and my brother noted that the cabin was too hot for him. I keep my house at 78 so it was fine for me but 76 is a tad warm for many people.

I would be so uncomfortable at 76.:(

I keep the heat at 70 during the winter and A/C at 73 in the summer.

Like i said in an earlier post if our cabin steward hadn't brought a fan it would have been a miserable week trying to sleep.

Bill

I can't vote on the poll. There are only 2 choices, neither is my answer.

Missing is: "76 is too cold".

We live in FL and keep our house at 80 degrees in the summer.

When we first get to our stateroom, I look for the thermostat and turn it up, since it is ALWAYS set too cold.

My travel clock also shows the temperature. Fortunately, we usually are able to get the temp to 77 or 78.

One thing we learned on our first cruise with a balcony is that you have to keep the drapes closed during the day to keep your cabin cooler. And not just the sheers either. The heavier ones have to be closed too. You have to remember that most of that wall is glass which radiates heat.

We were on the Freedom April 28-May 5th and had the same problem. We called guest services to come and check. They came with a thermometer, checked the temp (74.5) and we were told that 74 is the average temp of each stateroom. We were on deck 7 empress deck. Room was very STUFFY

Neither choice in the poll was good for us. We live in Texas. In the winter we keep the house at 72 when the heat is on (for about 5 minutes). But with our summers in the mid 90's to 100"s we keep the thermostat at 79 or 80. The AC will only cool to 20 degrees less than the outside temperature without straining, so when it is 100 we feel nice and cool at 80.

We will probably get into a battle of the thermostat with the steward as we keep it in the red zone usually. The steward turns it as cold as possible. We prefer it to be about 78 in the cabin. At 76 I am sleeping under the duvet wearing the bathrobe.

I said that 76 is acceptable. It seems our cabin is always freezing because it's probably more like 68.

My parents always kept the house at 68 during the summer while growing up. I'm hot if it's above 70.

I remember the Dream was hot.

The cool (temp) cabins I have found to be Fantasy class.

Archived