Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

So did the model maker get carried away with placing tables, or are there supposed to be some in the bow? And are they for the passengers or crew? :D

Thanks again for the photos, Master_Schnief. Hope you enjoyed the visit to SMM 2014.

When we were on the Grandeur the one thing that we heard repeatedly from crew was that while she was not as big or flashy as the newer ships many of the crew prefer the Vision class because of the outside crew deck in the aft. This looks very reminiscent of that area with a mix of inside lounge/eating space that flows into outside space.

So did the model maker get carried away with placing tables, or are there supposed to be some in the bow? And are they for the passengers or crew? :D

Thanks again for the photos, Master_Schnief. Hope you enjoyed the visit to SMM 2014.

Thanks, I had a great day in Hamburg with good and interesting conversations on several booths. It is amazing, how many companies are active in the ship building business. I'd say, about 20 percent of them are working on cruise ships, the other supply for bulk carriers, container vessels, etc. It is a huge business. Shippings companies all over the world start to order more ships again although they are not (yet) needed so much. As long as the cruise industry grows and cruise line continue buying their ships in Papenburg, I can live with that. ;)

I know everyone keeps mentioning restaurants but I just don't see it. If it were I would have thought there would be more of a tie in between the seating and the restaurant and the outdoors similar to the restaurant seating on Oasis.

This looks like a stand alone seating area. The rest of the fleet has outdoor smoking on one side of deck 5 and on those ships it is covered by superstructure. Here it is not so I figured that they did provide some protection from the elements.

That was my first thought also.

I know everyone keeps mentioning restaurants but I just don't see it. If it were I would have thought there would be more of a tie in between the seating and the restaurant and the outdoors similar to the restaurant seating on Oasis.

This looks like a stand alone seating area. The rest of the fleet has outdoor smoking on one side of deck 5 and on those ships it is covered by superstructure. Here it is not so I figured that they did provide some protection from the elements.

I think you are both on to something here. I would imagine that it's hard to smoke or light up in the wind, and if it's enclosed it won't bother the folks on their balconies above to much until the door (wherever it is) is opened.

Denise

Im am still not sure what this area is but, whatever it is for, they have some of the best sea views.

Another question is, is the model to scale and did the model maker just put things at places randomly? Or did he follow an actual script provided by Meyer Werft and or Royal Caribbean. Either way the model maker had to have their permission and input. This way he/she does not mis-represent the product. That having been said all of us here are trying to guess what things are or aren't (thanks to all the great photos) and helping everyone in the process to figure things out since RCI has not shared all the details. Its been fun and great to be part of this. So we continue to guess and speculate.:)

Assuming the model is to scale and placement of things are relatively in the right spot. Then notice that there are ten tables. Why is there still open/empty space to the left of the enclosure and none to the right? Room for a bar (mobile bar unit) perhaps?

Im am still not sure what this area is but, whatever it is for, they have some of the best sea views.

Another question is, is the model to scale and did the model maker just put things at places randomly? Or did he follow an actual script provided by Meyer Werft and or Royal Caribbean. Either way the model maker had to have their permission and input. This way he/she does not mis-represent the product. That having been said all of us here are trying to guess what things are or aren't (thanks to all the great photos) and helping everyone in the process to figure things out since RCI has not shared all the details. Its been fun and great to be part of this. So we continue to guess and speculate.:)

Assuming the model is to scale and placement of things are relatively in the right spot. Then notice that there are ten tables. Why is there still open/empty space to the left of the enclosure and none to the right? Room for a bar (mobile bar unit) perhaps?

I noticed that empty space when I first saw the picture of the model. Wasn't sure why it was there, either. Thats a good thought about it being for some type of moveable bar. Maybe it is for some type of food cart or something (similar to how the NCL Breakaway has the hotdog stand)??

I noticed that empty space when I first saw the picture of the model. Wasn't sure why it was there, either. Thats a good thought about it being for some type of moveable bar. Maybe it is for some type of food cart or something (similar to how the NCL Breakaway has the hotdog stand)??

I agree. It could very well be a food cart, coffee cart or a combination of some things. The one thing that I think we can all agree on (maybe) is the tables and chairs placement don't appear to be random IMO. I could be wrong.

I agree. It could very well be a food cart, coffee cart or a combination of some things. The one thing that I think we can all agree on (maybe) is the tables and chairs placement don't appear to be random IMO. I could be wrong.

I agree with you, I believe they were put there for a reason... If the model maker wasn't sure what to put there, I would hope he would just leave it empty.

Smoking, sitting, drinking, eating, praying area???

Let's add to the Quantum unknowns.

Some photos from unknown/not yet seen (?) areas ...

bdfb10e6cc4107310201e3b53a76762a.jpg

443a3917802f2aca1a7fb715b0b408b3.jpg

df9a83d31e5c8002cedd6d2f40700a88.jpg

473af5127bf71e18d5a2fcb87ae6a1cf.jpg

766a1a3140bc543499ab2e7674fc92a5.jpg

This is a screen grab from the latest Royal Caribbean video. just trying to determine where it is.

e3934f9124f90939d1bb083e8656af98.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Great photos Lloyd. I like the art (face) on that one wall. The cabin layout and decor is nice. Looks like maybe a GS.

Edit: The last photo, maybe part of the main Theatre looking at the shape and step up angles to the left?

Yes those photos look like it's a GS - we are in a SGS and the only difference would be for us is maybe a porthole window near the couch due to the larger balcony. It also looks like the tub is not as high as the one we had in our GS on the Explorer.

Pat

Smoking, sitting, drinking, eating, praying area???

Let's add to the Quantum unknowns.

Some photos from unknown/not yet seen (?) areas ...

bdfb10e6cc4107310201e3b53a76762a.jpg

443a3917802f2aca1a7fb715b0b408b3.jpg

df9a83d31e5c8002cedd6d2f40700a88.jpg

473af5127bf71e18d5a2fcb87ae6a1cf.jpg

766a1a3140bc543499ab2e7674fc92a5.jpg

This is a screen grab from the latest Royal Caribbean video. just trying to determine where it is.

e3934f9124f90939d1bb083e8656af98.jpg

I would say photo 1 is american icon grill because of the glass dividers

photo 2 I would say is Izumi

6fa5da4aa52c2c394955ec982b3d43ec.jpg

Photo by T.S. photografi.

For those of you that study the deck plans, could you please let me know if I have found my stateroom?!?

We are in 11248, which I think is the balcony where you see the worker in the yellow hard hat in this photo. Did I really find it? :)

-Sarah

I would say photo 1 is american icon grill because of the glass dividers

photo 2 I would say is Izumi

I'm now thinking that photos 1 & 2 are both Izumi on deck 5, above Michael's Genuine Pub. That could be the large curved wall.

We would be able to see it through the big opening right above the pub when construction is done.

2cd44671b464485322e2928498ec3b56.jpg

For those of you that study the deck plans, could you please let me know if I have found my stateroom?!?

We are in 11248, which I think is the balcony where you see the worker in the yellow hard hat in this photo. Did I really find it? :)

-Sarah

Looks about right.

-Sarah

If you strictly go by the deck plans your balcony 11248 is just before were that guy stands. The first bump out cabin (going from aft to forward) of that hump is 11250 (with small slight angle) then 11248.

If you strictly go by the deck plans your balcony 11248 is just before were that guy stands. The first bump out cabin (going from aft to forward) of that hump is 11250 (with small slight angle) then 11248.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for checking on it for me! :D

-Sarah