Things being Discontinued the Fall?

SilvertoGold

On another thread Lisa noted that there are a "few things that are going away this fall, one I think will shock everyone"

This really made me sit up and take notice and think!

Anyone have any ideas, bets?

I suggest the Disembarkation Talk, mostly because that would shock me.

Otherwise, but not in the shocking category, the Captain's Reception, end of cruise questionaires, day of the week elevator mats.

Any ideas about what HAL has planned?

only because of the questionnaire on our recent cruise when we came on board with wine - I am guessing the wine policy will take a huge change

But no point in worrying about it until it happens - our guesses don't mean we will get the answers. I just hope that HAL has the courtesy to email everyone booked and advise of any changes;)

On another thread Lisa noted that there are a "few things that are going away this fall, one I think will shock everyone"

Otherwise, but not in the shocking category, the Captain's Reception, end of cruise questionaires, day of the week elevator mats.

If you mean that we wouldn't have to listen to a half hour begging plea for 9's, assurance that no additional tips are necessary but certainly welcome and 10-year old jokes, I'd vote for that. :rolleyes:

only because of the questionnaire on our recent cruise when we came on board with wine - I am guessing the wine policy will take a huge change

But no point in worrying about it until it happens - our guesses don't mean we will get the answers. I just hope that HAL has the courtesy to email everyone booked and advise of any changes;)

No, no, no....please don't say they are going to not let us bring wine on. I am so looking forward to buying wine in Greece in 2014!! It is inexpensive and delicious!! I don't know why they don't promote it on this side of the pond!

What exactly did the questionaire ask? I would assume most people would have said that if they change the policy, it might sway their decision.

Save paper by not having the questionnaire being shocking? Hardly. I do not know; but, I doubt they even get 45% participation with that questionnaire. Or,not having that disembarkation talk,save passengers' time. The information could easily be in a form letter.

A real shock would be having just the Lido as free dining and charge for MDR dining like the specialty dining venues.

Free baggage? It's crossed my mind that they could start charging for checked luggage and limit the amount and size of carry-on (even more than they do). First bag free but every additional bag $25. :rolleyes::D

If you mean that we wouldn't have to listen to a half hour begging plea for 9's, assurance that no additional tips are necessary but certainly welcome and 10-year old jokes, I'd vote for that. :rolleyes:

Celebrity doesn't have the disembarkation talk, and as far as I know, nobody misses it.

Can you tell us which thread? It might be nice to read for any updates. Did she indicate when in the Fall?

My guess would be limiting wine we can bring onboard (say it ain't so...) but the 'no smoking on balconies' could be another one. i don't think the disembarkation talk would be it--who would see that as a bad thing? :D

ML

Disembarkation talk...haven't been to one of those in at least 10 years on any cruise line. HAL wouldn't be the first line to do away with the questionaire. Princess has gone to an e-mail system, or so they said on our last Princess cruise, but we never got the e-mail.

Pinnacle Grill being changed to Hooters? ;)

Libraries being removed and repurposed as upcharge burger places?

Neptune Lounge being converted to interior cabins and Neptune Suite pax get a better room service menu in addition to their telephone concierge?

The Lido will become pay "$x.xx per oz" for food?

The HSC is becoming mandatory?

I thought going to this was voluntary.Did someone make you go?:confused:

Well you are all pretty good at guessing :D I am hearing that yes the Survey's done while on board will be going away and instead will be electronic this started on the Volendam this past week and this week's sailing of the Westerdam and will then be rolled out to the rest of the fleet. I understand the new on line comment cards are quite nice and you will only rate the things you used on board.

SilvertoGold I am so surprised you mentioned Embarkation Talk.... but yes I am hearing rumor that might be going away ;) I have to admit I have not been to one since our first HAL cruise in 2003.

CowPrincess making the HSC mandatory would not surprise me but that is not something I have heard.

Not trying to be controversial, but could it be smoking on the balconies?

We can only hope....just not the days of the week in the elevator, please!

I miss that when I sail on other lines and on our recent RCCL cruise, I never knew what day it was. I fell and hit my head on a statue and they asked me what day it was. That was a problem and not due to the injury, lol.

Not trying to be controversial, but could it be smoking on the balconies?

I think that is in the near future but not this fall. I would guess, hopefully, around the start of the New Year.

Well you are all pretty good at guessing :D I am hearing that yes the Survey's done while on board will be going away and instead will be electronic this started on the Volendam this past week and this week's sailing of the Westerdam and will then be rolled out to the rest of the fleet. I understand the new on line comment cards are quite nice and you will only rate the things you used on board.

SilvertoGold I am so surprised you mentioned Embarkation Talk.... but yes I am hearing rumor that might be going away ;) I have to admit I have not been to one since our first HAL cruise in 2003.

CowPrincess making the HSC mandatory would not surprise me but that is not something I have heard.

I actually like the idea of doing the survey on line after we come home. I am often rushed last day and don't take the time I'd like to complete the surveys as thoroughly as I'd like. Once home, I would have the chance to give more thought to what I wanted to say.

I actually like the idea of doing the survey on line after we come home. I am often rushed last day and don't take the time I'd like to complete the surveys as thoroughly as I'd like. Once home, I would have the chance to give more thought to what I wanted to say.

I feel the same way, I actually always dread doing it but know that HAL and the crew really rely on it so I do it. Of course I always have to do both of them :D All the other lines have gone to this and it makes it much easier.

I feel the same way, I actually always dread doing it but know that HAL and the crew really rely on it so I do it. Of course I always have to do both of them :D All the other lines have gone to this and it makes it much easier.

Can we agree to disagree? a lot of people on board make my life better.

By the time I get home, I may forget some names. On board, I am fresh and can pinpoint them on a survey.:)

the surveys don't take long and in fact, one comment on our last cruise from several - "I like that they still do the surveys - many other cruise lines now just email you".

So each to their own, I prefer the one on board and the chance to highlight crew members.

Once I get home, will I complete the survey especially if I am jetlagged and tired? Will I remember everyone's name that made my trip wonderful in that state?

I won't know until it happens but............I take the time to do the survey on board and I think it has some pluses with the way it is done:) (and yes, I do both of ours too;) with input from DH)

No, no, no....please don't say they are going to not let us bring wine on. I am so looking forward to buying wine in Greece in 2014!! It is inexpensive and delicious!! I don't know why they don't promote it on this side of the pond!

What exactly did the questionaire ask? I would assume most people would have said that if they change the policy, it might sway their decision.

the only question that they asked was:

how many bottles

stateroom number

and name

No questions about if we change the policy would you change - it was just the change that struck me.

Once they knew we had wine - we were called over - I thought to inspect the wine - no - to ask how many bottles we had, etc.

That was it. but I think it was leading to something. I could be wrong - I have before and hope I am this time but.....

Thanks.Lisa, for posting! I was hoping you would not mind me quoting your other post. It raises come interesting ideas.

Archived