Fuel surcharge

Top Dog 1

I don't know where you heard it, but it is not correct. Princess is not charging any fuel surcharge
I agree. Whoever or wherever you heard this is incorrect. I wouldn't take anything they say as fact since it's so far wrong.

A number of years ago, cruise lines did charge a fuel surtax but they stopped years ago. It's still a possibility and they reserve the right to do so, but that won't happen. Instead, they increase fares to cover the increased cost of fuel.

I've been hearing Princess is charging a fuel surcharge. Why?

I don't think the other cruise lines are doing this. Let me know what you heard. Top Dog 1

SSShhhhhh, don't give them any ideas. So far so good.

Theo

The fuel surcharge, from several years ago, was in case the OPEC consortium raised oil prices above a certain price per barrel, then Princess, and other cruise lines had the right to tack on an extra charge to your cost, up to $9/day.

I've been hearing Princess is charging a fuel surcharge. Why?

I don't think the other cruise lines are doing this. Let me know what you heard. Top Dog 1

You keep posting the same thing over and over, do you want to pay a surcharge?

The Brooklyn Bridge is for sale.

Swampland in Florida is a deal.

Princess is charging a fuel surcharge.

BS.

Please tell us where you heard this.

It is in the disclaimer on Princess site yet, as well when I made my reservation directly with Princess, they did mention it is possible. I don't know where OP is hearing it but I did just recently as I stated.

Also, that Swampland in FL was a deal for Walt Disney way back in the 1960s!

I agree. Whoever or wherever you heard this is incorrect. I wouldn't take anything they say as fact since it's so far wrong.

A number of years ago, cruise lines did charge a fuel surtax but they stopped years ago. It's still a possibility and they reserve the right to do so, but that won't happen. Instead, they increase fares to cover the increased cost of fuel.

If gas and oil prices go up, they will charge a fuel charge and not incorporate it into fares. Fuel charges can be implemented and removed with out changing the cost of the fare.

The exact wording on a Mediterranean cruise I booked yesterday is:

*Princess reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if

the fare has already been paid in full.

That's what happens when you take short cruises. ;) I think I got hit only once. Would have to research.

I think I was gone for 14 days.

Something about still being employed seems to interfere with my vacation desires.

If gas and oil prices go up, they will charge a fuel charge and not incorporate it into fares. Fuel charges can be implemented and removed with out changing the cost of the fare.
They have, for years. Princess and other cruise lines (just about all of them charged a fuel surtax) haven't charged it. As I said, they have raised prices to cover increased operating costs as well as implemented more "for fee" options.

Archived